Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 06:29:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cars and Driveways broken in FT  (Read 4669 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
TashaFaun

View Profile
« on: March 03, 2008, 06:26:17 pm »

This glitch ranks up there with the game tips one. No hacks and no custom content, completely vanilla game because at first I assumed this was a hack conflict. Its not. Not impressed. I can't use the main drive way to keep my cars, only the extension. If I put a car on the main dw piece they can't get in the car.

If its more than one sim, one gets in, the other can't but then the one that got in can't get out, I have to sell the car. What the heck? Way to go EAxis, really great programming you got there. I have no idea how to fix this. Having a drive way and and extension is no feasible on my smaller lots. I really REALLY wish I had NEVER purchased FT. WAY too many glitches for my liking.

I just noticed this now, they are just walking through the cars, even the original maxis ones, then they get in, then nothing. Thats when I have to sell the car. Its almost like because of FT the mesh has been broken on the cars.

Also on the restorable car if I do it on the main driveway it becomes "stuck" in the trashed look. I can't do anything to it. My head is about to explode from frustration.

PS yes I have the drive way in the right spot, I have moveobjects turned off. And yeah its like this on every single lot. *kicks Sims 2 FT programmers in the shin* I tried using JM's anti-watchout and nodrivewayshuffle and niether work.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 06:33:43 pm »

Did you remove your downloads before you installed FT?

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
TashaFaun

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 06:37:43 pm »

yes of course Smiley
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 06:56:56 pm »

Hmm...ok, just wanted to make sure. LOL...you'd be surprised to know how many people don't.  I'm not sure if this will work, but try deleting your groups.cache, accessories.cache and cigen.package. They can get corrupted and bunk things in your game up. The game will regenerate clean copies when you restart the gaem. It's a worth a shot anyway.

TashaFaun

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 07:02:55 pm »

I should have mentioned I did that too Sad guess we think a like and it looks like I'm outta options!
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 07:15:49 pm »

Failing that, the only other thing I can think of is to back everything up and try a complete reinstall. Sometimes things get screwed up in the installation process.

Unless of course, someone else can think of something I'm missing completely.

TashaFaun

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 07:36:01 pm »

thanks for the suggestions Smiley . I might reinstall...although I could end up with more problems so we'll see. Thanks again!
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2008, 03:22:04 am »

exosting driveways and garages might need to be removed and replaced in Free Time -- the new car restoring thing has requirements that may not be possible in older existing lots' versions of the driveway and driveway extensions.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
TashaFaun

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2008, 10:40:19 am »

Wanna know what it was? A couple of stuck objects! I noticed I couldn't put tiles down at one point on a few lots in the same place. It was a bunch of invisible dirt piles! Isn't that awesome?? GAH! Got JM's stuck objects remover and burnated them! I still hate EAxis.
auntiejokisses

may angels watch over you

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2008, 11:11:17 am »

my driveways and cars work for me.

together we rock. reach for the star. Sorry, Jo, pic too big and twinkly, please find something smaller. The Management
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2008, 11:17:24 am »

Ah hah! I'm glad you got it figured out.

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2008, 01:00:55 pm »

Thanks for the update, Tasha.  I see you have Pets EP, this would explain the dirt piles... I will add this to the ever-lengthening list of "reasons I am happy I don't have the Pets EP" :lol:

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: