Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 10:25:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tracking down the CC I don't use  (Read 1151 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Momare

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2008, 06:48:27 pm »

I figured it was time to clean out the ol' Downloads file now that I'm tired of these epic load times. I know I have tons of stuff I don't use, haven't used, and never will use. But the issue is that I'm not sure how I can tell the difference between things that are in use, and linked to sims, lots, or custom careers, and what's useless detritus taking up space. Is there any program that does the hard work for me? Cleanpack2 and SimPE don't give me enough info to make any decisions, and Paladin's Sims 2 Categorizer only works on objects, which take up next to no space when compared to clothes, eyes, hair, et cetera.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I need a drink just THINKING about going through the obscurely titled files...
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 01:59:41 am »

I just did this and it took me almost 2 days. I wish there was a program that did that. You'd be surprised though how much you can clear out just getting rid of any recolors you don't use. To do that you just place it on your lot then use the design tool which will show you all the recolors and then you can delete those you don't want. Then I went back and went though every category one page of thumbnails at a time. I did eyes, makeup and accessories through Clean Installer. I didn't think I'd ever finish.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: