Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 01:34:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims 3 Preview Within the Contents of Free Time!  (Read 6407 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
afpickren

View Profile
« on: February 28, 2008, 10:26:50 pm »

When I downloaded Free Time and started a family on a new lot within the new neighborhood, one of the first things to happen was a man delivering a big gift. I sent my sim to go open the gift and it ended up being a normal computer.

I ended up not really thinking much of it, so I bought a desk and plopped the computer on it. Whatever.

So while my male sim was out working, my female sim didn't have anything to do so I sent her to go play on the computer. I noticed that the "Play" tab displayed when clicking on the computer, said "Play...", meaning that there was more than just SSX3 to play! New games! Sweet! So I click it, and it says "Sims 3".

When she began to play Sims 3, it was a preview of the new game!!!!! It looked pretty cool, featuring some cool things like a camera following a woman as she progressed down a sidewalk, better graphics, two people socializing (without bubbles!), the creation of a woman (hair, clothes, etc.... this is when I noticed that the graphics are better, but not losing the Sims 2 look), and then it was showed a living room that had the furniture cycling through different colors (you'll understand better when you see it). So there's the discovery! Sorry if it's not-so-new information, but I thought it was COOOL.

So maybe the developers are telling us that this is the last expansion pack and we should look to the horizons for The Sims 3? Who knows O_o; But you guys should definitely check this out for yourself! One thing that I do not know is if you can play this game on regular computers purchased straight from the "Buy" menu, as I recieved mine by some strange man who gave me the gift. Has anyone else experienced a man giving a gift when you move into a lot?

jaccirocker
Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 12:36:12 am »

Did you see that you can also choose different shoes, that's my favorite part
afpickren

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 12:38:59 am »

Quote from: jaccirocker;1155468
Did you see that you can also choose different shoes, that's my favorite part

>_> ok sure

claireishness

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 01:41:07 pm »

Apparently, you can't play Sims 3 on normal computers, so I've heard so very often lol Smiley

"Remember- your most intimate secrets are safe with me... OKAY, WHO ELSE IS DEAD IN BED?" -Homer Simpson

"Behold my naked butt! Each cheek is a God to you!!" -Bart Simpson
-Little-CJ-

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 01:45:27 pm »

Mann now I want the freetime expansion pack lol. I have been saving up for a easter pressie for my boyfriend lol, I give up! xx

ashleigh goddard, babe your my everything, i couldn't want anyone else, after you. because baby looking in your eyes is like having a glimpse of heaven. 1/3/09 til forever i love you xxx
hardwaretoad

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 01:51:32 pm »

Yeah, it was delivered in a nice pink box with ribbons on it. You can't interact with the mysterious Mr. Rod Humble, either...

* ScreenShot2396.png (1316 KB, 1000x799 - viewed 379 times.)

* ScreenShot2394.png (1763.22 KB, 1000x814 - viewed 356 times.)
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 05:11:51 pm by hardwaretoad » Logged

\"Jeux sans Frontieres\"...
danceswithwands

[= *DAZZLED* =]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 09:13:16 pm »

Too bad EA won't send a Mr. Humble to our houses to deliver the NEEDED new computer to play the up-coming Sims 3, huh? LOL

If you go to a community lot you can now buy lots (about 5 I think) of new games to play on you "new" pc too.

I saw the same thing on my preview only it was really choppy so I can't say much about the "better graphics" part... but yes- love that SHOE thing. LOL

~*~ Donna ~*~
I DO NOT ANSWER ANY PM REQUESTS! PLEASE READ POST#26 AT MY THREAD! *HERE'S THE LINK: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,85501.0.html
hardwaretoad

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2008, 12:48:51 pm »

I'm imagining that TS3 will be DirectX 10.0 compliant where as TS2 is 9.0 ~ a slight upgrade in vid cards is all that'll be needed more than likely, if at all. New 10.0 games that're out right now can still be played on 9.0 machines, just without a few of the bells & whistles. Of course you'll have to install Vista to be able to run DX10. A lot of people here seem to be playing on bare bones minimum spec machines or worse yet, laptops. Most of them were never designed or configured to be gaming machines. Their onboard integrated vid chipsets are just not up to handling the graphics rendering requirements of TS2 let alone what TS3's going to be throwing at us.

I guess we'll all have to wait to see what in the way of info is released as it's debut date nears...
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 06:38:31 pm by hardwaretoad » Logged

\"Jeux sans Frontieres\"...
erica_jean698

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2008, 01:09:39 pm »

I enjoyed the sims 2 preview when I saw it.  Probably my favourite thing about it was showing how your sim could walk down a neighbourhood and actually stop and talk to different neighbours.  

Which is quite awesome as I've been wanting that since the start.

I'm playing on what I would term medium specs at the moment.  I am certain I will have to update my video card once Sims 3 comes along.

(1st) Picture Perfect (2nd) The Amazing Race (3rd) Model Swap
cynamar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2008, 09:03:24 pm »

Does this new computer do all of the other computer stuff or just play games?  I can't see buying computers anymore except for wealthy families who have more than one.

tallsimsfan77

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2008, 11:31:29 pm »

Found a youtube vid of it if anybody was anti-EAxis and didn't buy FT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPjG7inTsJg

It looks good, but I'm still not going to get TS3.  I mean- my PC is going to die before it's able to run it.

And oh look- EA actually remembered to add in the option to customize shoes: a feature that we haven't seen since... when?  Bustin' out?  Urbz?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 11:33:32 pm by tallsimsfan77 » Logged

Sigs are for smokers.
Foxybaby

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2008, 01:04:37 pm »

Dagnammit!! I was just about to come on and post my find and you got there already!
 isn't Rod Humble some Sims guy with EA or Maxis or something?

Emma_x

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2008, 02:41:39 pm »

biiig media hunt i'm thinking.
they actually said in that bubble "with a brand new computer game! maybe this is a sign of things to come?"
but if that WAS a preview for the sims 3, my goddd i was expecting more than that from it.

haha i'm ranting.
i don't like this ep. at all.
Scotty

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2008, 11:32:57 pm »

Quote from: Adorina;1159126
biiig media hunt i'm thinking.
they actually said in that bubble "with a brand new computer game! maybe this is a sign of things to come?"
but if that WAS a preview for the sims 3, my goddd i was expecting more than that from it.

haha i'm ranting.
i don't like this ep. at all.

WooHoo! And here I thought I was the only one that didnt like this EP. I'm so glad I'm not alone! Smiley

For discussions and downloads, come to The Gay Sims Club 2

We are MORE than just a forum!
pandoraprincess80

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2008, 11:49:46 pm »

Yeah... ya know, I noticed that this EP doesn't have many new objects in it. I guess they figured that since they put in the whole secondary aspirations thing, that would make up for the lack of clothing, hairstyles, and furniture. It doesn't

"Listen to your Uncle Cox, Dorothies!" Dr. Cox - "Scrubs"
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: