Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 09:58:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Conflict with Pets/Free Time  (Read 2660 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
wannabhermione

View Profile
« on: March 23, 2008, 02:14:23 pm »

Is anyone else having this problem?  I recently got pets back from my niece who had borrowed it.  Since I've installed it on my new laptop, everytime I try to add a pet to a family, then load that family, my pc freezes, or rather the game stops responding.  This is happening every single time Sad.  What could be the issue?  I took out insim after I installed Free Time.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 02:24:14 pm by wannabhermione » Logged
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 09:35:26 pm »

wannabhermione - there are a number of issues with pets that were were corrected by post-release bug-fix patches.  I don't know with absolute certainty, but there may also be some issues regarding post-pets expansion packs not behaving well because there is content that may not be properly activated in the absence of pets when they were installed.

Both of these problems might be resolved by unistalling all your EPs back to before Pets EP and then re-installing the EPs in their order of release.  The EA tech manual recommends the following installation order for the PC-version of the game:

In any event, please make certain to preserve a copy of your downloads and other save folder data (e.g., neighbourhoods, savedsims, etc) in a secure location outside the Documents folder during any un-install, install, or update process. Remember, uninstalling any portion of the game will result in all saved game data (including downloads, neighbourhoods, savedsims, etc.) being deleted!!

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
wannabhermione

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 06:02:03 pm »

thanks, i'll try that, plus i don't have any patches.  although, this only seems to be happening in desiderata valley.  i made a family with pets in pleasantville last night, and had no problems at all.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: