Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 04:18:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Freetime Important Info  (Read 17806 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Burstangeljo

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2008, 04:23:17 pm »

I think the food that is making my game crash is the stuff that is buyable in buy mode...stuff from exnemsims.  And the vending machines crash too.  Haven't notice anything else.  My game takes forever to load, so testing everything takes a long time.
dynasty

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2008, 04:47:54 pm »

hmmm I had once small issue, my custom content was gone altho i enabeled it AND it was still in the downloads folder. just copied the downloads folder, deletedthe old one and replaced it with the copy, if that makes sense. now it's working fine. my sims can still study, if they have children, they can even study about raising kids etc. I love the new EP. my fitness loving sim just got into learning tai chi!

Check my sims out!
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2008, 05:12:11 pm »

just a quick question - what exactly is supposed to be wrong with custom beds?? I just had my sim sleep in one and her motives renewed same as normal - what am I looking for with the ones that don't work?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 05:15:24 pm by ~Ali~ » Logged

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
denniscampos

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2008, 05:27:08 pm »

My custom furniture does not work in Freetime, it was blinking blue. Had to destroy all my lots, now all I have is tacky furniture in tacky shacks. Can anyone help!?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 05:30:50 pm by denniscampos » Logged

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2008, 06:12:39 pm »

Quote from: Aliwag;1160550
just a quick question - what exactly is supposed to be wrong with custom beds?? I just had my sim sleep in one and her motives renewed same as normal - what am I looking for with the ones that don't work?

It's not all the beds. The problem the way I understand it. You'd have to ask Rebecah or one of the other modders to be sure. But the way I understand is they changed the coding on how the beds work. Not sure why? So let's say just as an example. You put your toddler to bed in one of the ones with problems they'll never go up in comfort or energy. Or they could be stuck there. (which is what happened to me)Move objects on and force error aren't even working in those cases. Rebecah is aware of the problem as are many of the other people that make nursery/toddler/child beds and are working on it.

The problem with the bunkbeds and it's not all of them, the newer ones seem to be working just fine. It's the older one's, those beds are sticking for some reason? If the creators notice a problem and say don't use them, I'll remove the two I have left.  

All the other furniture is working. Kitchen cabinets, refrigerators/stoves. Lights, statues, etc. Sims still don't fix the refrigerators or stoves. Living/Dining. Most of the beds still work fine, it seems to be an infant/toddler/child single bed type thing and it's not all of them. Just like most the electronic stuff is working till your crazy sim starts trying to tinker with them all the time. If a sim is caught in an endless loop of trying to do something and the game doesn't know what to do I imagine that's what causes the crashes. Freezing. The major problems are in plumbing, bookcases, stereos. Plus, a few custom build items that make the game freeze. Oh forgot there also seems to be a problem with anything CC wise to do with aging and time. I never experienced anything, but to be on the safe side removed those things also. Something about the new option to age up townies with your Sims clashes.

There did I explain it better? :-P

Quote from: Burstangeljo;1160494
I think the food that is making my game crash is the stuff that is buyable in buy mode...stuff from exnemsims.  And the vending machines crash too.  Haven't notice anything else.  My game takes forever to load, so testing everything takes a long time.

Did you let Exnem know there seems to be a problem with his vending machines and food? I have his Ice Cream maker in my game and I think his hot dog or hamburger cart. When I fire up my game I'll see if they mess it up. I used Katy's bakery thing, and her ice cream koisk those both seemed to work ok. I have a vending maching but not sure it's by Exnem I'll test it out too.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 06:48:32 pm by PegasusDiana » Logged

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
TashaFaun

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2008, 06:17:57 pm »

I don't see any problem at all with any of my furniture (including my toddler beds), food, clothes etc. My game runs fine with about 40 CC food dishes, 800 furniture files and 800 clothes files (hehe and over 150 hacks Smiley ).
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2008, 07:35:12 pm »

Okay I tested Exnem's food it all seems to be ok?
lol Insim mixed up the pics. You can see what their doing.

This is all I have from Exnem I looked for more. This family is my guinea pigs for things I want to test. Wink

* exnem1.jpg (157.29 KB, 500x380 - viewed 568 times.)

* exnem2.jpg (141.64 KB, 500x371 - viewed 627 times.)

* exnem3.jpg (120.91 KB, 500x258 - viewed 754 times.)

* Exnem4.jpg (177.4 KB, 500x472 - viewed 896 times.)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 07:43:07 pm by PegasusDiana » Logged

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
Burstangeljo

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2008, 11:53:25 pm »

I am testing everything out first before I report any problems.  Just want to be sure....then I will notify exnem.
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2008, 12:55:42 am »

Quote from: PegasusDiana;1160618
There did I explain it better? :-P

hehe, yes thank you :-P

my brain freezes any time that someone mentions I may have to get rid of any of my precious CC LOL

hmm, my test sim isn't a tinkerer, I'll have to try out the Aspir family with a few custom bathtubs and see what result I get - the old guy there is a tinkerer if I remember rightly!

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
adalita

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2008, 02:23:51 am »

I might be buying it... I have BV and It has so many problems!  I have heard it fixed them up!  I have had to pull from 3 contests.

3rd place in Siblings-Love Or Hate Contest with Alyssa and Aimee Sacchi!
1st place in A Family Christmas with The Pearcy Family
Adalita's SIMS Come and check out my sims and their houses!
Check out my work in Living Sims Magazine HERE
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2008, 05:34:52 pm »

I am having a reverse problem. All my CC is working correctly, but the new nursery items from Maxis is borken.  The nannies and parents will not use them autonomously and I am going to be hurt if I have to go without Inge's GetOutAllCribs, and SleepAllNight hacks.  They have been okayed to use at the site, but I will be testing it after I get offline.  I love those 2 hacks, now I might have to go without. I have fallen in love with the new nursery items, they are soooo cute. Cheesy

About the jogging/hiking problem, I found if you have the jogging mod by Smonaff you will need to remove it.  I causes problems with walking to lots for teens, I am sure it will be a problem with the new jogging features in FT.

The term is "tinker" not "tinkle". It means fooling around with components that makes items run, hopefully for the better, something like modding this game, but just like real life, the item gets messed up. Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 05:44:25 pm by lewisb40 » Logged

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2008, 10:52:15 pm »

Quote from: missmichelle73;1173160
Hmmm, thanks for that... But how do I actually jog/hike? Do i select somewhere?

That doesn't come til you reach level 5 of the fitness,sport/nature hobbies. Then it shows up when you click on the sim.

I took out my hacks and the new nursery furniture definitely doesn't work. The parents can be directed to use the crib, change table, and the highchair, but the nanny ignores it. Darn it.  I hope EAxis listen to my bug report. Wink

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2008, 11:59:00 pm »

Quote from: lewisb40;1173046
The term is "tinker" not "tinkle". It means fooling around with components that makes items run, hopefully for the better, something like modding this game, but just like real life, the item gets messed up. Cheesy

I just about spit out my milk. hehehe I think that better describes what they're doing. They tinkle on things, more than tinker with things...cause I have yet to see what their doing when they're supposed to be tinkering. Or maybe I'm just thinking that's what EA seems to do to us a lot. Wink

-Luciano de Crescenzo
cynamar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2008, 05:18:51 pm »

Everything is working great for me but I don't have an option to hunt for bugs no matter where I click.  The condition of my plants does deteriorate much quicker and I have to reset the seasons for one sub-neighborhood every time I load the game.  As far as I know that's it for Freetime issues for me.

Bev in NY

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2008, 01:37:40 pm »

I kind of feel bad about saying this but everything seems to b working for me..the only thing i got rid of before i even installed my game was insim...i figured there would b problems with it..however the first time i played the game  some stuff wasn't there..i did get a crash but like someone else said i took out the downloads folder restarted my computer put it back in and then went to play the game and everything was there and all is working...i have the hack i believe by monique for kids do homework at 7pm and that works fine...the 2 bookshelves i tried didn't have the option to learn parenting or read the new kinds of books option so i have just been using the ones that come with the game...my toddler crib where they get in themselves is working fine...i recently put in ACR that was updated for FT and it works good so far.. i never had it before and it is interesting and fun to have...things r more lifelike now...i really feel bad for those of u who have problems each time there is a new EP...cuz the problems i read about i never seem to have with any of them...but then again i don't have alot of hacks in my game mostly clothes,hair,custom sims, few houses couple cars and some furniture...so mayb that is why???
I hope those with problems can find solution and beable to enjoy their game....

BEV
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: