Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:14:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Freetime Important Info  (Read 17568 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« on: February 29, 2008, 11:53:26 pm »

I knew that the Sims now have the tinker option on many things. Never thought about it interfering with their hobbies. It does. Tonight I was reading Rebecah's post found here:
http://www.insimenator.org/showpost.php?p=1155730&postcount=1
and realized a lot of things come with new options so went into my game to check it out and test everything. I wanted to see how much it would hinder their progress. It makes a difference...

1)All your previous bathtubs, sinks, toliets, hot tubs, etc have to be removed unless you don't care about the new hobby features of Freetime. Your Sims can't tinker with them. I removed all but one bathtub I just couldn't let go.

2)All your bookcases also need to be updated or you won't be able to study any of the new skills from them. I only kept one for children because I use it mostly as decor. All my beautiful bookcases. Sad

3) Electronics. Appliances. None of the new options, so they need to be updated.

4) Some of the custom beds work, some don't. Other furniture is all fine, as far as I can tell right now.

I never tested the cars or any of the decor things. I'm too depressed now. Almost half my CC is gone or why bother with Freetime if all the options aren't available. Anyone notice anything else?

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 06:12:39 am »

For the most part, my custom content seems to be working just fine, but I haven't tried to tinker with anything (I don't see why my Sims need to tinker with the shower to begin with, honestly, lol)

I'm noticing how my Sims pie menu options aren't new like they should, though. (For instance there's no option to Teach... with toddlers, like there should be or I'm told there should be. Also, I know for a fact before the custom content was turned on again I had these pie menu options and now I just don't.)

I guess that's what I get for having a game so heavily hacked, though.

Would like to hear what else FreeTime is doing to other users with custom content and hacks.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 06:16:11 am by Naria » Logged

My other ride is a chocobo.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 06:17:59 am »

Wow... that must really blow for people with loads of CC they care about.  Sad  I know I'd hurt myself if I had to remove all of my favorite content because it no longer works in a new expansion.  And seeing how quickly my download count climbed back up to where it was before... yeesh!  :smt120

Mr Heartache

I don't wanna be S.O.L.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 07:08:20 am »

Well, to tell you the truth, I'm keeping all my CC, bugs or no bugs. I can live without the 'tinker' option. I'll replace the bookcases, but noone is taking my custom beds off me! Tongue

DON'T PM ME WITH REQUESTS OR I'LL SEND GERARD WAY AFTER YOU WITH A PITCHFORK.
Now I spit out words, do you see my lungs on the dancefloor?
[/SIZE]
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 09:11:27 am »

to be honest, I wouldn't dump your downloads just coz they can't tinker with them all - just give your sims a couple of maxian things that they can play around with. The Teen Style TV and stuff has already been made Free Time proof over at mts2 so you might want to go and grab those.

Besides, you didn't reeeeaaaaallly think they were going to release a game that wasn't going to bork loads of stuff did you??!!

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 01:35:13 pm »

Quote from: Aliwag;1157285
to be honest, I wouldn't dump your downloads just coz they can't tinker with them all - just give your sims a couple of maxian things that they can play around with. The Teen Style TV and stuff has already been made Free Time proof over at mts2 so you might want to go and grab those.

Besides, you didn't reeeeaaaaallly think they were going to release a game that wasn't going to bork loads of stuff did you??!!

Where's my smiley face with the tongue sticking out for you! lol And no I really didn't think that. The problem isn't so much they don't have the tinker option. The problem is, so I saw instantly what Rebecah was talking about is that those objects without the option cause cashing to the desktop. Not just sitting in your home or even when Sims use them. But when they try to do certain things to them on their own because the sim tinkers all on his own and if he tries to tinker and can't. Goodbye, you are the weakest link welcome to your destop. And it gets worse as they gain interest in certain things. If he tries to put one of the new skills to use and can't on something goodbye. I wanted to test them out after I read Rebecah's post warning us. I had a sim stuck in a custom bed, moveobjects on wouldn't work to delete him or the bed. Force error didn't work. Thankfully I hadn't saved so just exited went back in and deleted the bed. This happens to almost all the toddlers in custom beds. Tried to build a park last night I see now I have to go back and test some of the build items. If it doesn't cause a crash it just locks up the game and there you sit having to do a soft boot out of it. When you use certain CC in build mode. 0 reason at all for my game to lock up I have 512 video(yes all drivers are up to date, and no it's not a Nividia?(sp?)card),and 8 gigs of ram. 2.6 processor. So has nothing to do with any of that. I played a test house with nothing but Maxi's stuff in it and 0 crashes, left it run all night while I was sleeping 0 crashes. Came in this morning. Filled everyone's needs. Rebooted and added a couple CC things. First thing the mom did was go and try to tinker with the tub it was a Maxi's so all went well then she tried the sink, crash to desktop. Came back toddler was stuck in crib.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 01:47:43 pm by PegasusDiana » Logged

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
Rayea

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2008, 05:49:14 pm »

buggerit.

*shakes angry hand at EA*

i guessed that stuff was going to be bad, but this is well....my local game had 3 copies taken back this mornign allready, so im gona have to advise them on monday with more info.

are they trying to make us all give up our lovely, lovingly made free content, that they COPY SHAMELESSLY? you think...
*looks over the list of stuff that they added this pack, that i could have had for free from guys like paladin and carrigon and numenor*
oooh, highscore, EA.....*rolls eyes*

but maybe a highnote....i have some havked foods, and they were sims2 vanilla based..that is, needed NO expansions to use...yummy japanese dumplings on a stick ^^
i made them i ate them and the game didnt crash Cheesy so maybe that means that we can still use vanilla items without crashes?
J00wish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2008, 07:09:08 pm »

Oh my... All my beautiful furniture? *sobs* Thank you so much for posting this. I am going to keep my fingers crossed that the creators will put updates on them... but that is a job within itself!

"Cant sleep... Clown will eat me." -- Bart Simpson  

PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2008, 07:47:37 pm »

The furniture all seems to be fine as far as I can tell. Living/dining/kitchen. All the decor items. I haven't had any crashes at all with the furniture and not all beds either. It's just some beds  the ones that added special animations like some of the bunk beds. The toddler beds especially. The electronics especially the stereos, plumbing and the bookcases. Oh and apparently some build items. I still haven't got to check the cars because I'm putting one build item at a time in my game to see what crashes or locks it up and what doesn't. Everytime something locks it up it takes awhile to get out of it, find the item in clean installer then start the game again. But I will tell you it seems to be in the special built fences. Pool items. Garages. But again it's only some of them, not all. Plus they work fine even with Sims using them other than the beds until they go to do something autonomously. Then comes the problems. Rebecah said it's because they changed the coding. Almost none of her toddler beds work. And I have no idea if there are even more problems further along as they earn their gold badges and increase in their skills because I don't have anyone that's maxed in anything yet. So I don't know what new things they'll spring on the game yet.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 07:50:50 pm by PegasusDiana » Logged

-Luciano de Crescenzo
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2008, 07:57:25 pm »

Nope, uh-uh! Will not buy/install Freetime in my game.  I can't play my lots without the bunkbeds, toddler beds, custom plumbing and custom televisions. No matter how much I want to experience new game play, I can't do it.  I would have to rebuild all my lots. Dang you, EAxis!

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
Sierra117

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2008, 07:57:46 pm »

bugger, I had to remove my CC and i'm slowly starting to rebuild it. I'm not going to play a game that generates millions of errors

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2008, 08:16:17 pm »

honestly - i think the trade off is worth it -- IMHO the additions in actual play more than offset the loss of some custom content -- I don't expect that everyone will agree with me, but I have always felt that my downloading addiction was fuelled by a desire to add something vital that was always missing from the game, which I feel FreeTime actually fills in a way no amount of gilded lilies (CC) can achieve.  To me, the CC is just so many layers of fresh paint on an old car with a bad transmission, FreeTime gives you a new car with less chrome but more power - well at least more options than driving in reverse everywhere.

Yes, you can faint - I defended an EP made by EA.  It is a sign of the end times.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 09:05:01 pm by ~Marvine~ » Logged

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2008, 08:21:35 pm »

:shock:  Is this truly the end?!  

(:laugh:  That's definitely a good point for those who are truly serious about cleaning out their downloads folders.  Though there are still some things that's hard to let go, especially if one is a picture and contest fanatic.  :lol:)

lil_yellow_rose

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2008, 08:45:40 pm »

Thanks so much for the heads up. So far I haven't had that happen much with the custom content I have but it gives me an excuse to get some new stuff update for free time. Some of the changes though in personality and stuff are worth it to me to have the expansion. I love that now there is a change in things like what turns  a sim on/off--to have more choices other than hair color and cologne is wonderful. To me it just makes them more complex and its fun learning now what combinations of things work together.  I love custom content and Im a total download junkie but lol I've also got a folder started of sites that are already have free time updates of clothes, items and so on. I really like some of the content too like the entertainment center and new nursery stuff. I tend to go in cycles of things I put in all my houses and with the new bathroom and kitchen one coming out soon too, I can't wait to try them. I have a couple things that haven't worked on old stuff but then it gives me the excuse to start on a new download spree Smiley  I think its going to be one of those where everyday for awhile all kinds of new stuff will come out from the great creators on all the sims sites. Then I will find all kinds of new things I can't live without
__medicinemanx

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2008, 09:02:21 pm »

What do ya do with beds and bookcases? XD

[SIZE=0]Listen mate, I told you once, I told you twice, you're not coming in alright!?

Make Joy Divison (yes I spelled it like that on purpose) grow for me, click Cheesy
http://joy-divison.myminicity.com[/SIZE]
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: