Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 04:07:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Freetime Important Info  (Read 17873 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2008, 04:39:49 pm »

I deleted all my bookcases, almost all my toddler/infant stuff. All they have left is a couple stuffed animals and the baby blankets and bouncer. Freetime comes with some great stuff for them! Even comes with clutter. lol It was well worth removing everything I did remove. Cleaning up/really cleaning up my downloads. I hated loosing it, but Freetime is the best EP by far. Freetime should have been released as the Sims 2, the rest add just little things to the game for me. Like Nightlife with Cars, Season's with seasons. I didn't mind loosing all my plumbing either because Bath and Kitchen is coming out soon. I kept my two favorite bookcases for decor (wondering if Beos is going to update one of them for my university students) and since the other one was for children(A pirate set) the children can still study other things from them.

Ready for the final damage? Played six hours and no crashes with all CC no EAxis stuff at all(other than plumbing and electronics like radio/tv). From 3.2 gigs down to 865 megs. Not all of it made the game crash or didn't work right. I just figured while I was in there really testing things I'd go through each set of thumbnails page by page and no matter how much I liked it, if I hadn't used it in my game at all or only once or twice I deleted it. I had 200 megs of paintings! Now it's down to 50. 400 megs of nothing but clutter for the kitchen, dishes, floor clutter, etc...down to 50 megs. If it wasn't crisp and clear or didn't look realistic.  Was blurry. I got rid of it. The new clutter Maxis gave us is fantastic. Only three cars left I couldn't bare to part with. All plumbing, electronics, toddler, infant stuff except a few things are gone. No regrets at all. Only TV I kept was Sandy's from ATS2. EA even gave us an older floor TV set. Haven't looked at any of the clothes and gagged that's a first. I actually really like ALL the stuff they gave us in this EP. Smiley
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 04:59:43 pm by PegasusDiana » Logged

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
judij

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2008, 04:53:18 pm »

I completely understand! I've lost so much CC! Sad
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2008, 04:53:43 pm »

Quote from: PegasusDiana;1157664
Where's my smiley face with the tongue sticking out for you! lol And no I really didn't think that

HAHAHA

I was just so happy to get the damn game working after trying to figure out till late on Friday what the problem was and then most of the morning Saturday - the Securom bug finally struck my game! I ended up having to download a no-dvd file, so having no tinkering at that stage didn't bother me!!

It's annoying, as is the fast motive decay, the jogging that leaves sims looking like lobsters and nearly passing out from heatstroke in the middle on the night in the middle of winter ACK

I have to agree with with you about the stuff that comes with this EP, I really like pretty much all of it, even the clothing. At the moment I'm playing with just bodyshop items - sorry, there's no WAY I'm getting rid of all my clothes and hairs!! - and I have all my walls and floors in and the only objects I have are a couple of stereos from ats, I'm really missing some of it, but a lot, as you say, is just mindless clutter that you think at the time that you can't bear to be without but then never use the damn stuff anyway!!

I love this EP already, I just wish they'd ironed out the bugs BEFORE release, but then ... hey ... this IS EAxis we're talking about!

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2008, 05:11:21 pm »

Thanks so much for this info!

Well not to defend EA either but in all fairness they honestly can't be responsible for the way CC is effected by a new EPs new animations. If it works well with a clean game we can't really blame them when new animations come in to play. Let's just hope that our wonderful CC will be updated by the fabulous creators to be compatible with this EP. And fast! We love our shiny stuff,

*ducks flying objects from every direction*

Lauralli

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2008, 05:23:52 pm »

I waited til today to even attempt to put the free time EP on. I'm not keen on some of the stuff EA have included though, eg the sport rugs, I'm not a big fan of any sport so won't be using them.  I lost my neighborhood when I put BV on, due to a bug/glitch and have struggled to get the interest I had in playing the game since, which is a shame because I had great great grandchildren on the neighborhood prior to BV.  I have only looked at the buy stuff on free time and haven't looked at the clothes yet.  Its such a shame that the bulk of the cc won't work. I really love the beds I have downloaded.
Burstangeljo

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2008, 05:30:20 pm »

The only custom content that is making my game crash is the food.  Does anyone know about FT and food incompatibility?
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2008, 01:21:13 am »

Not me. The food is working fine in my game. I have ice cream, the kids stoves that make pizza's and desserts. The pies for ofb and several other custom foods. They all seem to be working ok. I had a sim make some fresh baked bread and the kids brought their ice creams just fine. So I'll have to watch that.

lol @Trl.

Lauralli, almost all your beds should work. The Captain's bed? from Sims connections the free part of the cruise thing are working. I left those. The new one's from Chrissy I believe the Ohio ones? Or maybe it's called Surf? Those seem to be working fine. I think it's mostly the older ones. And it's not all the beds. It's mostly the bunkbeds, and toddler beds. Marvine's stairs are working which I thought because of the animations might be borked. The custom built fences. I think this is because they weren't meant to be recolored. But not all of them are borked. So I have no idea how the game reads them. Stereo's mostly because we have an option on them now to customize them. The plumbing and other electronics because of the tinker option. Plus they all work great even then till your Sims tries to tinker with them. I just don't want to have to play and have the random crashing not knowing what caused it. So I took care of everything that didn't have the new options just to be on the safe side. Instead of waiting for some sim to bork something else.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 01:27:47 am by PegasusDiana » Logged

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
drsims

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2008, 01:44:39 am »

yea this is realy boguess ,that they did this to us ,but what ca we say ....butt cry-cry..well i apreachet the guys who will be updating all the other c.c `s that we love to us ,, i love to d-loaed and up lode when i can,i `m getting a new computer for that ,the one i have is to slow....but thanks guy`s........Smiley

:rant:yes fugly`s rule the sims world...and long live the sith....:party1:
vita4all

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2008, 05:30:12 am »

When Pets came out, sims could not bathe their dogs in many custom content bathtubs, and when they were instructed to, it darn sure didn't make the game crash.

Free Time obviously has more complex behavior mechanisms than this, so maybe Eaxis had to change their coding. But why on earth didn't they include a code for a sim to ignore a non-Maxis item when they get the urge to 'tinker'?

I'm just throwing the question out there... and hoping some programming wiz will develop a 'Don't Tinker With CC Items' hack. :-P

For a few nice downloads, visit our site, http://gangstersims.com.
Rayea

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2008, 10:43:07 am »

as for the foods....well i took out most if not all my foods, i kept the ones i got from Sims2 Libbido (delisious japanese foods yum^^)

they are sims2 vanilla based, but my dumplings come up as santa cookies ^^ and the other foods come up as (      ) as in empty bubbles, but that happened befor i installed FT ^^
they play fine..make, (need to try make many) eat and clean up, along with serve are fine, no crashing.

alot of the OfB foods were getting the !yellow box on startup, so i took them out.
so far, the only hacked content i have in are the Targas super fridge (larger capacity) vincents Sim modder baby (still works, phew) targas transparent water, numenors coal stove, simstones stove/grill and the imperfect sensoriser (that i know of, also the aromatherapy vases from parsim)
i took out all the custom careers, the sinfull shower (my romance sims would be sobbing right about now, if i were playing them) and all thecrafting and packaging stuff i got from paladin's place.

on the upside, the mountain and paper windows i recently DL that match up with the BV ones seem to be ok. i may have to dump the whole damn  lot and just restart my folders..but i will not empty my oriental and goth ones out, along with the medi evil ones, but i can do without a lot of stuff.

*seconded for the 'Dont Tinker' hack..but i bet it will need updating as son as you install the nect pack or stuffpack....*
Mr Heartache

I don't wanna be S.O.L.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2008, 10:46:47 am »

I'm playing with all my CC, most of my hacks too. Why is it that the only thing that seems buggy is a new obsession with hugging everyone? That and errors with a telescope that worked fine in another lot.

Am I just incredibly lucky or something? Cheesy I've had no trouble with crashes or anything, even on comm lots.

DON'T PM ME WITH REQUESTS OR I'LL SEND GERARD WAY AFTER YOU WITH A PITCHFORK.
Now I spit out words, do you see my lungs on the dancefloor?
[/SIZE]
verenaheu

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2008, 11:11:20 am »

Quote from: beosboxboy;1158244
honestly - i think the trade off is worth it --

Yes, you can faint - I defended an EP made by EA.  It is a sign of the end times.

I fainted,nearly.
Wow, who would have thought of that?

But I agree, my CC that does not have any FT options still works and I´ll keep it because it is beautiful and I´m so used to it and I love it!!
And if a sims really needs to tinker, I´ll give him a game object, WHO CARES? The sim will not be offended by the ugliness or missing aesthetic of it...
barnesfam

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2008, 11:27:41 am »

I downloaded free time and had no problems.  Nothing has locked up and even my custom content is usable.  I actually love free time.  It is my favorite expansion pack yet.  I usually don't like it if I am without insim or inteen, but I actually am enjoying it alot right now.
vanessa

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2008, 11:39:00 am »

I kept all my CC (10,6 GB) and didn't get any crash.
The nursery beds don't work,the babies don't get any confort or energy from them.
Tried to look in dictionary for the word "tinkle" but I still don't get the concept.What does it mean?
And yes,I LOVE this EP!

Life is  just a game and we are the sims.

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=22717
pennyhugo

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2008, 11:39:16 am »

*barnesfam

me too, works ok for me ^_^
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: