Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 12:03:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stupid Graphics Problem. *Sigh*  (Read 1285 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
willow1010
« on: March 11, 2008, 04:38:53 pm »

Okay, well, lately I've been noticing some strange (and super annoying) graphics issues with my computer, and especially on my game.

I have all my graphics setting at maximum, but it is STILL blurry when I play in-game.

This is not the case for CAS, where I can see everything crystal clear.

Is it my sucky graphics card? My game? :/
I've been asking around for some ideas on great graphics cards, but I have little knowledge about that. Currently, I am using a NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 420.

Edit: If there is a problem with the graphics card, can anyone suggest a pretty good one that can help boost my computer's graphics? Cheesy

Thanks for your help! =]
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 04:48:42 pm by willow1010 » Logged
Rayea

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 08:11:21 pm »

whoa .....i havent even tried with a geforce4 420 >.>

ahem, yeah, unless you only have vanilla sims2, i think your vid card is trying to tell you its time to get a replacement ^^

anything in the FX series, preferably the fx5200 and above (thats the lot, realy)^^ will do you, provided you have a VGA slot in your machine.
if your stuck with a PCI (that is, the OLD version of PCI, not the newer and usable PCI-E) slot..thats the white ones usually, then your.....well.....*hands you the chocolates and the pillow to cry in*
those are hard to get..HARD >.<

if you cant get a new card, try looking for a seccond hand Geforce4, preferably a Ti card...these beauties are fantastic, provided they work ^^
im using one right now on my internet machine, she was a second about 2 years ago, from a friend who upgraded, and its only now getting dated for my games (i like old stuff like warcraft lol)

my sims machines got a FX5200 though, and that works fine.
i dont have everything at max, but thats cause i dont like shadows ^^ and i dont need full lightining, but i do max the sims detail, terain detail and object detail.

on another note, though...sometimes your memory and prosessor can help or hinder your machine. so if a new card dosent do as well as you thought, check your chip and mem.

basically, try to get a 128meg card or higher.
my boss can still get fx5200's, but rarely in vga. he tends to get the 256meg cards now, like fx7800's

and of course, if your machine was new enough to use PCI-Express slot, you could have your pick of cards.
kalynn06

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 11:56:18 pm »

I just replaced my FX5200 before I installed free time.  I found that I had to play with the card settings in the Nvidia settings and change them from "application controlled"  to the settings I wanted in order to avoid the textures going blurry in the game. There's a thread on MTS2 (http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=97876) that describes this. I'm not sure if it's the same problem you're having, but it's worth a try.

"All of the animals except for man know that the principle business of life is to enjoy it." ~ Samuel Butler

You can find more of my stuff at MTS2
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: