Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:36:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: My game crashes before it loads. help!  (Read 3452 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
WingedKitsune

View Profile
« on: March 01, 2008, 01:00:53 am »

My game crashes before it finishes loading. I know there's a download that's making it do this but the thing is...The things i downloaded today didnt show up in the Downloads folder....Help me?

Dance like no one's watching. Sing like no one's listening. Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt before. Live like there's no tomorrow.
Rayea

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 05:54:24 pm »

first of all, did you just install the new freetime ep?
if yes, ohhhh boy.......

*hands you some hot chocolate and a big pillow to sniffle into and scream thru*

also... hm...have you any scriptorium items? part of those goes into your DL folder, but other parts go into your actual game, not into the My Documents / ea area.

you can check if its something you dl today by just taking out the downloads folder and booting the game. if it still crashes (and you dont have the scrip stuff ether) it might be sometihng else
vanessa

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 06:13:02 pm »

Go to My doc/EA games/Sims2 and delete group cache and accessory cache before playing the game.I have to do it every time I want to play,since BV,but I shouldn't complain,that's my only problem.
If it doesn't solves,take out your D/L folder and try again.
And if This doesn't solves,it could be the RAM or the graphic card.

Life is  just a game and we are the sims.

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=22717
WingedKitsune

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 01:25:27 am »

I took out my DL folder and it worked fine...but I put it back and it crashed...I know the reason is because of an object i downloaded yesterday but it's not showing up...what do i do?

Dance like no one's watching. Sing like no one's listening. Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt before. Live like there's no tomorrow.
geezy33

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 01:46:34 am »

try to remember what the last thing u downloaded, cuz this happen to me before.

Sorry no requests,I'm a townie maker and Maxis killer on maxis sims.
Welcome to Geezysims2:lurk:
WingedKitsune

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 07:43:56 pm »

I do remember it but it's not showing up in my folder. See i use sim file maid for all my downloads. It puts them in my downloads folder for me... But i dunno what happened...Sad

Me2

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 07:47:34 pm »

Kaze .. what I did when I downloaded alot of CC at one time I had a differnet folder that I put my cc in on my Desktop and then i would leave it in there for a day or say just in case I plasyed the game and it crashed, I would search my files or folders on my computer and pull the things one by one I downloaded that day and take it out and rerun the game .. hope that helps

KILL ME,LOVE ME.. JUST DON"T TAKE MY SIMS AWAY
When All Else Fails.
Meet my sim-self family here
http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=70421
WingedKitsune

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2008, 07:48:45 pm »

But the things i downloaded that day arent showing up....

PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2008, 07:54:16 pm »

Look in teleport see if they're there.
C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Teleport

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
WingedKitsune

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2008, 10:30:46 pm »

They're not.

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2008, 02:52:12 am »

Did you try organizing all of the files in your Downloads folder by "Date Created" and moving the files out that were dated around the time your game started crashing?  (If it's not available when you right-click, go to View => Choose Details, and click on the Date Created check box, then press OK.)  This helps because it lists them by the date they were created on your computer, and not by when they were actually modified last... which can be very misleading at times.  :angel:

WingedKitsune

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2008, 09:13:49 pm »

That option isnt available in either veiw or right click...it only says date modified.

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2008, 01:30:29 am »

What OS do you have?  XP or Vista?  Or do you have a Mac?

If you have XP (and I think it also works for Vista) you should've found where I was talking about (View => Choose Details)  right here:

And then this box should pop up:

* ScreenShot002.jpg (27.03 KB, 292x302 - viewed 250 times.)

* ScreenShot001.jpg (26.8 KB, 329x442 - viewed 319 times.)

WingedKitsune

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2008, 09:41:00 pm »

OH! Heh...I know now. Thank you so much!

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2008, 10:41:11 am »

and if your downloads doesn't show up ingame, you probably didn't enable CC. you have to click the "Enable custom content" in the blue box that pops up in the start of the game (before the choosing neighbourhood), and then you have to restart your game. then everything should be there.

I also advice you to put the files in the dl folder yourself. I use Clean installer, and of course zip/rar. organizing things in folders helps - I once had everything scrambled into the DL folder - and imagine sorting through about 10000 files... now, I use folders, and it's so much easier to control where things are. I don't have to sort through everything at least - even though I don't think the folder system I'm using is very good...:?

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: