Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 05:49:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: How do you feel about Free Time?
It's AMAZING! The best EP yet! - 24 (11.8%)
It's Great. One of the best. - 99 (48.8%)
It's Okay. Not the best but not the worst - 63 (31%)
I'm not a Fan. Quite Disappointing. - 17 (8.4%)
Total Voters: 119

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you feel about FREE TIME?  (Read 17673 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
~Angel~

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2008, 09:23:46 am »

It's one of the best for me, and it was worth the money. I have played on it quite a lot and there is still lots for me to do. I aint sure what I do rate as the best, one doesnt stand out as being amazing from the others. They all rate highly in my books. I know people werent much for pets, but I do love having pets available to get. Freetime definately scores high for me Smiley

~Mum to beautiful Ella Rose Isherwood,
              Born 21/10/08~
penguingina

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2008, 09:38:29 pm »

I like it a lot, but if youre deciding on your FIRST EP, I'd go with Nightilife, THAT'S the best EP.

What pisses me off is when the monkeys steal my popcorn. Damn dirty monkeys.
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2008, 04:39:06 am »

I love Freetime, but I like my game to be more realistic and this seems to add a lot of realism for me. I like all the new hobbies(could do without the hobby lots, but I can see how they're needed), the new skills. New careers, etc. Now that you no longer need Nightlife to own cars. I could go with Season's and Freetime, (on second thought I may need to keep pets. I like the little critters.)leave the rest behind wouldn't bother me in the least. But, Season's and Freetime are my favorites. Except for all the phone calls. Wink

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2008, 08:32:30 am »

I would like it a lot if it wasn't for those dorks constantly calling about my Sim having developed a certain taste for one acitivity or another. Got it the first time, thank you very much indeed.
BamaBabydoll

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2008, 08:51:42 am »

I love that Freetime has added a lot of interactions and hobbie objects.  Ok, so its not in the league with "Seasons" but it is great. Now, when do we get a new Insiminator for the new Freetime?
sarahkratos

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2008, 09:04:03 am »

I love freetime it,s one of my favorites eps and worth the money-pets was by far the worst ep for me disappointing.
Baytor

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2008, 02:28:19 pm »

Is it one of the best EPs?
No.

Is it one of the worst EPs?
No, it's pretty much right in the middle.

Is it worth the money?
Not at the moment, but I guess it will be worth it eventually.

What are your favorite things about Free Time.
The new aspiration benefit system.

What should have Maxis done differently.
They should have left out all hobby related NPCs, phone calls and pop up messages. I'm not retarded, I can read a progress bar. Also, it would have been nice to be able to murder Mr. Humble, either by walling him in and letting him starve to death, or by setting him on fire. Sadly, he possesses the ability to magically disappear.

Are you experiencing any problems, any funny glitches.
Ironically enough, the thing I like best is also buggy as hell. Spending your benefit points on a secondary aspiration screws up your primary one, resulting in your Sims getting incorrect memories and the wrong tombstones. "Pleasure" as a secondary aspiration doesn't even work at all, since it breaks your aspiration meter. Also, the violin's tip jar leaves dead spots all over the place.

Any advice for those still on the fence?
Wait for the patch.

All in all, I think Free Time is a decent expansion, even though the new NPCs make me want to create a serial killer Sim. It's also a bit weird that keeping your Sims enthusiastic about their hobbies requires more constant effort than maxing out their work related skills. Well, I guess you could say it adds to the challenge. I really love the benefit tree concept, though, despite its bugs.
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2008, 07:35:33 am »

I absolutely love it!! I never had as much fun in 9 hours, than I have just had. LOL, I laughed, I awed, and felt so much pride in my self-sim's children accomplishments. There are some aggravations, like the constant phone calls, so I turned those sounds down and tried to ignore it. Maybe someone can mod that, but I can't wait for my self-sim to really learn some parenting skills, now that's she is expecting her last kid, and a knowledge/family sim. Cheesy

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2008, 08:40:35 am »

Quote from: Baytor;1167924
Is it one of the best EPs?
All in all, I think Free Time is a decent expansion, even though the new NPCs make me want to create a serial killer Sim.

Yeah, me too. That needs some serious modding.
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2008, 11:17:39 am »

For those of you who have sicken of seeing Rod Humble ( I had been calling him Himmel, Humble, what an ironic name.) Pescado has a fix for that here.

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2008, 12:06:48 pm »

Quote from: lewisb40;1170306
For those of you who have sicken of seeing Rod Humble ( I had been calling him Himmel, Humble, what an ironic name.) Pescado has a fix for that here.

Rod Humble isn't the problem. He only turns up once. It's those constantly calling dorks, who make me want to go on killing spree.
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2008, 07:54:57 pm »

Yeah, I finally know what you all mean.  Will be looking at my fav hack sites for a remedy, but I was tired of the Rod Humble character, and had to turn up the music, turn down the other noises in the speaker stage, just I don't have to hear the phone.  Now I may have missed the important calls to the family, sheesh!

Miss-BD

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2008, 11:24:04 am »

It does look like a good EP just because of the added 'realism' and extra interactions it introduces.
I'm still sitting on my copy of Free-Time until InSIM and InTeen are updated. Being patient is so uncharacteristic of me, so it's been hard but I've managed to resist temptation.
On a positive note. SimPE has been updated for Free Time ((if this has already been mentioned, feel free to throw something at me... as long as it's not to hard, lol))

It's not denial. I'm just selective about the reality I accept.
auntiejokisses

may angels watch over you

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2008, 11:32:19 am »

i love it too.. wow

together we rock. reach for the star. Sorry, Jo, pic too big and twinkly, please find something smaller. The Management
Spookylicious

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2008, 01:44:53 pm »

I kinda like this one,but the constant phone ringing and the Genie wish make me beautiful is just to much people coming over all day and night knocking at the door.I really don't like the sounds or the white glow when a Sim is doing there hobbie zone thing.

~•♥•~~•♥•~Chillin Like A Villain ~•♥•~~•♥•~
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: