Insimenator.org
April 16, 2024, 01:39:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Freetime Crashes Every Day At Noon in game  (Read 2927 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
jenny_dunagan

View Profile
« on: March 01, 2008, 03:14:50 pm »

My game keeps crashing at noon everyday. If I use the sethour cheat and skip the time ahead to 1:00 PM, it works just fine. My sims can get thru the rest of the day with no problems. But then the next day, noon rolls around and crash again.:smt120 This happen to anyone else? Any ideas? Thank you!
Rayea

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 05:41:42 pm »

have you checked to see if your have any time or aging related hacks or items in your downloads folder?

(i havent had that crash yet, but i also havent got any aging hacks installed. anything to do with aging might be it, but this is just a guess lol. even those enhanced water of life hourglass cooler thingies or the clock tha tyou used to use to set your sims aging on and off)
jenny_dunagan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 06:19:04 pm »

No, I don't have any hacks related to aging. These are the only hacks I have left in my game.

I also went through and got rid of all my custom appliances, tubs, sinks, showers, toilets, and bookcases.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 09:23:35 pm »

Jenny - with a list that short - i would try each one by itself in the game to see if you could identify the culprit.  My gut suspicion would be the pregnancy wear any outfit mod since this caused a similar issue in the past.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
jenny_dunagan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 09:36:52 pm »

Thank you for the help beosboxboy. I think I'm going to have to try that next.

I'm starting to think maybe it was the sims I was playing. It was a male and female I had downloaded awhile ago. I've tried them in a few diff. houses, but the game always crashes at noon or at 6:32 PM. I tried playing a different couple (that I also downloaded awhile ago) and I was able to play them for a few sim days with no problems. The game never crashed while playing them.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 01:45:14 am »

Jenny - it may be a custom career or a custom university major, or even a custom food they learnt to cook -- the career data for sims is stored in a region of the lot data file and might be causing this to happen - there is a lot debugger at MATY that may help you, some people find that using the FFS lot debugger to reset the lot corrects issues of this sort.  A word of caution: It is a powerful and rather hazardous tool, but many people have managed to use it successfully in spite of the lack of clear documentaion of its features. so make sure to read the entire thread where you find it.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
jenny_dunagan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 08:08:45 pm »

Ok, I don't think the problem is in the sims. I was playing in the new hood that came with FT (can't remember the name of it). I have always played Pleasantville in the past, so I went into Pleasantville and recreated the same couple, but this time had them live in seperate houses and I have had no problems at all. So I guess I have some kind of bug in the new hood.
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 11:04:48 pm »

I wouldn't recommend you have the toddler sleep longer hack in your game till it's updated. The modders have said with the new coding there is problems with the aging and time mods, because you can age up sims with your sims. That's a time mod. I'd take it out just to be on the safe side till you know  it's been updated/ or needs updating. It's not worth the risk. I even removed my Elixir of Everythingness. Just to be on the safe side and it's not a global. the pregnancy wear anything was updated for BV on Sims Cri, so hopefully they'll have a new update pretty quick for it. I use Insim for my preggers so I have to wait it out. Wink
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 11:11:57 pm by PegasusDiana » Logged

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
luminoustorm
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2008, 03:17:31 pm »

Is there going to be a new "Wear anything pregnancy" mod? I had to delete my old one by Squing and now I cannot find it anywhere to download, even the graveyard won't allow me to download it. I really loved that mod as I HATE the maxis options for maternity wear.

Any other suggestions for similiar hacks?
SmilingSweetly

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2008, 05:20:05 pm »

Quote from: luminoustorm;1184753
Is there going to be a new "Wear anything pregnancy" mod? I had to delete my old one by Squing and now I cannot find it anywhere to download, even the graveyard won't allow me to download it. I really loved that mod as I HATE the maxis options for maternity wear.

Any other suggestions for similiar hacks?

I got mine from here and I know that it definitely works through BV. I haven't installed my FT yet, so I'm not sure whether it still works with FT.

Hope that helps Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: