Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:01:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newspaper delivery  (Read 2449 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Lowoodmum

View Profile
« on: February 20, 2008, 10:43:30 pm »

Have a problem - have tried scanning the forums but can't find an answer so if it is there - my apologies.  

My computer crashed a couple of weeks ago and we have reloaded the Sims games.  My daughter has just worked out how to download houses and neighbourhoods so we are using a downloaded neighbourhood and downloaded houses now.

We only just bought Bon Voyage and Teen Style in the last week and loaded them on to the Computer over the weekend.

Now when I try to play one of my families - newspapers keep floating down and landing on the grass near the mailbox or just inside the fence and the maid spends all of her time picking them up and throwing them in the bin.  The gardener came over and is just standing under a tree.  Won't move or go home.

Please help
Aralie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 10:55:47 pm »

I'm having the same exact thing happen in my game. Ever since I got BV my poor Sims have been attacked by flying newspapers. I have no idea why, but if anyone knows how to fix that it would be amazing. I don't know if I have the gardener problem, because I never have gardeners.

"Bingle-bongle, dingle-dangle, yickety-doo, yickety-daa, ping-pong, lippy-tappy-too-taa."
maniac19642003
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 11:37:22 pm »

If you downloaded the insimenator, you might want to check and see if you have version 2.7b which is the latest version right now and see if that gets rid of those papers popping up like that.
Lowoodmum

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 01:06:19 am »

Thanks

I have got Insim 2.7b - I think I'll take out all hacks and reload them one at a time and see if I can find the problem
megativity13

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 12:53:55 pm »

update your version of inteen
http://box156.bluehost.com/%7Eaestudi1/forums/inteenimater/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=570

also it'd be a good time to check for updates on all of the other hacks you have
in your game.

feed the hungry while testing your vocabulary
Lowoodmum

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 05:03:24 pm »

Thanks so much for taking the time to try and help me - I'm going to take out the downloads and actually start over.

Does anyone know if the order that the games are loaded makes any difference.

Like I said earlier - we recently go Teen Stuff and Bon Voyage and I think Teen Stuff came out after Bon Voyage but I loaded that on first (as I got it first) - would it make an difference.

When I loaded Bon Voyage and it went through the check at the end of installation to see if your installation was up to date it said that there was a newer installation loaded or some such thing.

Clutching at straws I know.
gali

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2008, 06:03:53 pm »

Quote from: Lowoodmum;1146258
When I loaded Bon Voyage and it went through the check at the end of installation to see if your installation was up to date it said that there was a newer installation loaded or some such thing.

Clutching at straws I know.

It means, that you have to download the BV Patch from EA site. The game is not updated. Download the Patch, and run it.
itsatrashylife

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2008, 07:08:29 pm »

Thanks for responding to this problem. It was effecting my game to and I just stopped using custom content and it went away but that sucked. I'll try the new inteen and hope it works.

excuse while i destroy your reality.
thouartsick
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2008, 11:40:33 am »

I just bought BV and I'm having the same problems.
The patch isn't available for Mac yet, is it?
Mr Heartache

I don't wanna be S.O.L.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2008, 01:18:02 pm »

The solutions been posted already. And I quote:

update your version of inteen
http://box156.bluehost.com/%7Eaestud....php?f=6&t=570

also it'd be a good time to check for updates on all of the other hacks you have
in your game.

It's a good idea to actually read the thread before posting, y'know?

DON'T PM ME WITH REQUESTS OR I'LL SEND GERARD WAY AFTER YOU WITH A PITCHFORK.
Now I spit out words, do you see my lungs on the dancefloor?
[/SIZE]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: