Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 10:29:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Androgynous The Clothing Line Help  (Read 18852 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
cmo2005

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2008, 01:33:23 pm »

Firstly im not sure if this is the right thread to post this in but i figured i needed help and help was offered in the discription...

Basically i'm writing this because i'm tired of dressing my lesbian simmies in the same attire... you guys know what i'm talking about... The brown shirt with the jeans, The grey suit and the blue suit with or without the tie... while i'm not trying to downplay any of the original creators i appreciate the work that was done, i'd just like to see some new looks. so when i couldnt find any i decided to try and make some myself, i was sucessful in my endevour but like most people i wanted more, if i could recolor suits and casual outfits i wanted to be able to make sleepwear, swimwear ect. This is where i realized i would need the help of someone(s). I cant make meshes to save my life, but i can def design, recolor and incorperate other designs mostly designed for me and make them female. I want to design a clothing line specially for Lesbian Women... and thus "Androgynous" was born. I appreciate any help or feedback i can get for this project. Below i've put a few examples that i've done. I havent gotten permission to distribute from the original clothing creators, so please don't ask me to send them just yet

Modeling for you today will me a sim close to my own heart, as she is designed from my image... Candace

Thanks Alot _CutCreator_
AxelVal
Simmysim sim sim

Been away so long

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 10:42:10 pm »

Oh, I like them.
Not sure if Anecdote Assistance is the right place for it though.

My Sims don't need to know it's not 2008 anymore.
kittyvibe

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 11:46:19 pm »

where did you find these clothing meshes- Ive actually been looking for stuff like this.And Im on board with this idea- Id love to see more of it also. :3
steelguy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 02:56:22 am »

There's some good ones over at MST2 that I use for my tomboy sims.

Um, hoping this link works... http://www.modthesims2.com/member.php?u=57635
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 06:34:02 am »

cmo - I haven't seen much at all done in the way of male-to-female conversions, I think that this is something that needs done and lots of it.  I think there is too much Barbie doll crap for the ladies, and I would welcome seeing things that open up new options for story-tellers.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
cmo2005

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 05:42:35 pm »

Firstly i would like to say how thrilled i have become at the wonderful feedback i have gotten from this idea and i hope to make it a reality as soon as i can. I would all so like to touch on an issue that was brought to my attention today. Apparently i have been "sterotyping" to elaborate further here is the notice i recieved via Personal message from our friends at The sim Resource.com

I have temporarily removed the above thread from our forums. You are welcome to repost, ideally in the skinning forum subject to a couple of amendments.

While we at TSR understand your desire to have more alternatives for your sims, the wording of your request implies that you believe that only lesbian sims would want to dress in that type of clothing, and since The Sims 2 is a "life simulator", one could plausibly infer from that statement that you believe that lesbian women out in real life are the only ones who would want to dress in androgynous clothing. Labelling a type of clothing as "lesbian clothing" or "African-American clothing" or "gay clothing" stereotypes the people of that group. Not all lesbians wear that kind of clothing and, by the same token, there are many straight women out there who prefer to dress in androgynous clothing. The fact that you would like androgynous clothing for your female sims is not the issue...but the fact that you are labelling it "lesbian clothing" is, as it reinforces an inaccurate stereotype. While I am certain you did not mean to do so, you are saying with that label that you believe that any female who dresses androgynously is a lesbian.

Please, by all means, request androgynous clothing for your sims, but do not label it as "lesbian clothing".

Depending on exactly what you're looking for, both gelydh and aikea_guinea on here would be a good place to start, and HystericalParoxysm's fanseefem collection at Mod the Sims 2 may also be of interest. That link takes you to the main set, but there's numerous others connected to it, either under recolours, or through HP's profile.

Please let us know if you have any further questions

TSR mods

---------------
I would like to take this time to appologize to any glbt that i have offended. especially considering i am a lesbian myself. It was not my intention to do so. It was my intention to offer help in a situation that in my opinion clearly neeeded some aid. so a idea was born and i expressed it and my opinon, as i have the right to do "free speech" Androgynous was just a name that at the time i saw fitting and probably will not back down from using. Needless to say i have just canceled my memebership at tsr, my line will not be available through them.

With that being said i look forward to the continuing support and shrug off the negative feedback i cant be bothered at this point.
cmo2005

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 06:24:13 pm »

I'd just like to remind everyone that i'm still looking for a partner(s) to join the team with the purpose of mesh making. Any and Everyone is welcomed, just pm and/or add me and i'll be sure to get back to you and listen to any ideas you may have. That goes for the general public as well anyone with an idea please feel free to submit it. Smiley thanks everyone

XOXO
_CutCreator_
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2008, 06:58:53 pm »

First off, while I agree that labeling them as "lesbian" clothes is stereotyping, I don't think that's good enough reason to remove your post from the forum - but then, that's TSR for you Tongue

We do need more of that kinda thing - I wouldn't dress that way myself, but I'm still no fan of the girly outfits and high heels abound in the community (although they're good for variety Wink). What you've done looks great Smiley

On a side-note though, this is the wrong forum - this is for storytelling help Wink *waves to next passing mod to get this moved*

No requests please
cmo2005

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2008, 07:53:23 pm »

Thanks *whistles for a mod* u know i dont know how it got here in the first place :| i really didnt mean to put it here lol.... and as for labeling it as lesbian clothing, like i told the mod from tsr that wasnt my intention (but i still appologize if it came out that way) at all... i really was just making a reference to my simmies and my personal prefrence. the way i see it like any other custom content if you like it you dwl it, regardless of what the name is you know? I'd also like to point out that i wanted to get a male androgynous line out as well but i didnt want to mention it until i found a mesh aid... *pouts*

*writes on blackboard*
"I will learn to phrase things better"...100x
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2008, 08:14:41 pm »

Oh, don't worry about it. They're a funny lot at TSR, you only have to breathe the wrong way and they start on you from what I've seen. I know where you're coming from though, a girl I dated once dressed something like that. (FYI I'm bi Wink)

Hope this gets off the ground - I would but I'm still learning about this kind of stuff.

No requests please
cmo2005

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2008, 03:52:46 pm »

hey folks i moved this one over to the meshes section Cheesy not checking back here for responses if you're interested hit me up on the new thread Smiley http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=75584
deja2hot
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2008, 12:07:57 pm »

OMG this is what i have been looking for!!!! lol thank you !!!!!!!!!!!
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2008, 12:30:12 am »

If you notice a thread  or post is in the wrong place, go ahead and click on that handy dandy 'report post' button-it's the red-outlined triangle with the straight black line down the middle (when you hover over it, it says 'report post').

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
alexzjudeh

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2009, 01:56:45 am »

Where can I download these outfits and/or find more androgynous clothing for females?

thanks!

Alexz
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2009, 09:12:31 am »

Wrong place for this. Should be in your own thread in the WCIF section.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: