Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 06:09:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lots crashing after FT EP installed-anyone else??  (Read 2444 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Foxybaby

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2008, 07:15:48 am »

Hi

I have read a couple of other people's threads and they seem to be object or hack related. The only hack I had that could've possibly caused a conflict was InTeen-which I removed before installing FT.
 When I 1st installed it, I went onto a newer neighbourhood and created a new family, just to get a general feel for the new EP. I then went into my favourite neighbourhood (which I had removed before installing then placed back in after), and went to go into a lot and it crashed. So I restarted and tried again, same thing. So, I removed the family and tried to go into the lot on its own-it crashed. The house was even a Maxis lot originally and mainly had Maxis furniture in it. Anyone else had this issue?

I'm going to go back into the game and try a different occupied lot in that neighbourhood to see what happens.

HeavensNight

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 09:27:52 am »

A similar thing is happening to me. I posted a thread about it too but it was ignored for some reason. Here's what I posted:

Quote from: HeavensNight;1156550
There I was happily playing away when all of a sudden all of my sims and all the animations going on around the place just stopped, like time had frozen. I could still move the camera around but I couldn't interact with them anymore. I exited the game, saving in the process. I knew it risked cementing this bug but I didn't want to lose hours of progress. I reopened the game and went back to the lot only to be faced with the blank faces of my staring sims.

At this point I realised I was in bother so i thought to do some troubleshooting. I tried to enter another lot but after it finished the loading animation the egg timer and loading screen remained and nothing happened. On one lot I even saw a small window open on the bottom right, like when the maid arrives, with Mr Humble or whatever his name is walking around. I went to a different neighbourhood, Disiderata Valley to be exact and things worked normally. I went back into my Downtown in Riverblossom Hills and moved the sims out then bulldozed the house. This didn't fix anything though as entering lots still caused the same effect. Curiously though, the lots that came with Downtown by default i could enter, despite it taking far longer to load. I tried deleting and re adding a custom house to downtown to see if that would fix things...but it didn't.

Is there any way to fix this? I really don't want to start again with my sims.

Thanks in advance.

P.S I've also been experiencing that blasted 'jump bug' where sims just 'pop out' of interactions.
dwarf1010

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 09:35:00 am »

Have you tried deleting youre cachefiles?, that works for me when the BV came out, and am still doing it before i start up any sims game. Havent had any propblems yet with FT, so maybe thats what is preventing any hassle (fingers x'd)

I understand the concepts of cooking & cleaning, just not how they apply to me:angel:
lindseyanne2000

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 09:52:41 am »

hi guys i had a similar problem, i couldn't get ft to run so i deleted cache files which let me load the game.
I thought i had cracked it because i was able to load neighbourhoods, create a new family. However when it came to loading said family everything seamed to be fine until it loaded but wouldn't leave the family screen. There was someone leaving a preasent at my door who kept flashing up in a little window but i had no access to the actual game play.

So..
 I restarted my computer and looked for help.
I located delphys organiser at mts2 along with various other tools and then proceded to move hacks and mod which i believed to conflict to a new folder. what i also did was get rid of any files that i didn't use which took a while as i had over 32000 of them. It was well worth it a) i can now play completely
b) downloads file is a  lot lighter
Hopefully this will help you, be patient with the tools you can find out where they all are on Sims2Wiki
HeavensNight

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 11:34:32 am »

Where are the cache files so I can try deleting them?
Burstangeljo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 12:39:46 pm »

My lots load fine, but something in my custom food file is making my game crash whenever I make a choice from the buy/build catalog.  It may be one of the vending machines that I have.  Working on that problem now.  They were working fine before FT.
Foxybaby

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 12:58:43 pm »

Thanks Guys

I had already deleted the cache's etc before installing FT. The whole issue was 1 particualr lot that crashed whilst loading the lot, so I never actually got into it. I moved the family out from the neighbourhood screen and tried to go into the empty lot-same thing happened-I didn't even get in it before it crashed. Anyway, I bulldozed the lot and [ut the family in another lot and it works fine as does all my other lots in that neighbourhood. So there must have been a glitch with that lot-I guess I'll never find out! but all is well so far now!

Cathy

Call me Annie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 05:26:24 pm »

Yep.... :cry:

I used to be Nyxie
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: