Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 06:57:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crazy monitor and "flashing" issues  (Read 1745 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
helloimbert90

View Profile
« on: March 03, 2008, 06:52:09 am »

So I think I have some major issues that I can't seem to work out myself and I would love some help!
It all started when I downloaded this rideable skateboard from modthesims2.com. I had a sim ride it and then they started to do this weird flashing thing. I really can't it explain it well! It's like sims and objects and plumbobs with get these gray lines across them like a tv kind of flashes. It will just flash for a second or two. Today, though, Don Lothario's house did it a lot, especially when I would hover over something with my mouse. I deleted that skateboard from the game and my computer entirely. (I deleted it from the recycle bin.)
The second issue is my monitor. You know how if you leave your computer still for a while the monitor will shut off, but still be on, to save power? Mine will do that during the game! I can hear the game still going and I can click things, but I can't see anything - the monitor's off! I thought it was only doing it when I went into buy mode but it did it while I was playing Don Lothario's house today.  
After the flashing began I reinstalled everything and it worked fine with just the base game but I think when I got to Seasons the flashing started again, but I can't be sure.  Seasons worked fine until I got that skateboard and then it all went downhill until I deleted it. But I think it started up again when I reinstalled Seasons. I just wish I could remember!! I installed Bon Voyage today, hopeful that my troubles would just disappear - but no such luck.
I would really really appreciate some help because I can't play my game! Thanks to everyone who reads this and/or helps me!

My System:
I have all of the expansion packs except for Free Time, both Christmas packs and no stuff packs.
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.40GHz
Processor Speed: 2.34 GHz
Memory (RAM): 768 MB
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Video Card:  RADEON 9200 PRO ordered straight from Dell
I save the Sims on an external hard drive with a total of 190 GB and 134 GB of that unused.

Thank you and ask me anything else you need to know to help solve the problem!  :beer:
P.S. I just installed Pets, but I did it after Bon Voyage. I didn't install it when I reinstalled everything, so I just reinstalled it. Is that bad?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 01:32:24 pm by helloimbert90 » Logged
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 08:23:20 am »

It looks like you don't have enough RAM memory to run the game-and that is why your game is flashing blue. I've read where you should have at least 1 gig of memory(or more) to run all the ep's, and that less than this will cause video problems.
It also sounds like the monitor is breaking-a physical problem, which means that it might have to be repaired.
I downloaded the skateboard (I have only one ep, NL) and it works fine-although the animation is weird, it doesn't flash blue.

helloimbert90

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 01:08:24 pm »

Thanks for replying!
It doesn't flash blue - it's just a kind of weird fuzzy quick flash thing that's incredibly hard for me to describe.
My monitor is new!  It did this with my old monitor, too.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 01:51:42 pm »

I talked to my in-house geek (otherwise known as my husband) about your monitor problem-he says it is the monitor and it has a problem. Even if new, monitors can go frizz. Better check it out with a electronics tech who can find out what's ailing it.
The husband fixes these things for a living, and if he says it's a monitor problem, it is. I'd almost guess a short somewhere in the system. Anyway, hope this helps.

helloimbert90

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 02:00:00 pm »

UPDATE!
I've checked everything out by using all the system requirements I could find and everything tells me that my system is just fine to run my Sims!  I downloaded the latest DirectX and I'm going to try my game again.  Maybe I'll get a miracle!
Cross your fingers!
=]

EDIT:  Ok, I'll check out the monitor!!  Thank you!
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 09:38:01 pm »

I was going to also suggest you check your system settings in game, as the video settings-if they're too much for the monitor to handle? I know, it sounds dumb, but sometimes too much video input can trash a monitor.
Also, a dumb thing to suggest, but check the plugs in back of the computer to the monitor.
I hope you get the problem fixed-and let me know-I'm personally curious as to if this can happen to monitors-although I've never had it in mine.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: