Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 01:02:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: The INSIMenator  (Read 7708 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
vanessa

View Profile
« on: March 03, 2008, 06:33:31 am »

The INSIM works for me with Free Time.
Im I the only lucky one?lol.
There are so many treads about people waiting for updatings.
I answered several times that INSIM works but got ignored,LOL.
It doesn't generate microwawes ovens as it did with other new EPs.lol.
It Works!

Life is  just a game and we are the sims.

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=22717
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 08:06:07 am »

Wasn't just the OBJ version of it, though?  I heard the SIM and DEST versions cause a few strange problems.  :dontknow:  

As always, it's a good idea for those who don't like weird stuff happening in their game to wait it out.  If the InSIMenator is working better than the past instances with EP, then it'd probably wouldn't mean but so much work that Eric has to do... but then again, what the heck do I know about modding?  Wink

vanessa

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 11:06:57 am »

I have the Sim edition and it works perfectly.
And Tenshii,your avatar is beautyfull,where did you find it?

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 11:19:38 am »

Thanks!  I made it myself.  That's my sim Saryna in the picture.  Wink

vanessa

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 11:47:36 am »

Just saw all your pics,beautyfull,especialy the eyes.Did you create the eyes in bodyshop or CAS?I want them!
I know I'm beside the point,so back to the topic:
Insim Works!

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 03:49:26 pm »

A word of caution here.  There are STRONG changes to the data in the character files so using InSIMenator with Free Time is definitely contraindicated (means "don't use it") - there are many parts of the save data that SimPE simply cannot read at this time, and since SimPE can't read it, it's hardly likely that making blind changes to the save data with InSIMenator is a healthy thing to do to your game.

Many of the function in InSIMenator will work fine, but the ones that don't will do so rather spectacularly.  Interests - for instance - now seem to have a numerical check of some sort that limits the maximum, so you can no longer Max All interests, so when InSIM might force these scorse to 10 for all, it may crash the game or render the lot or sim unusable.

The area of the Sim save data dealing with skill badges may or may not contain the data for hobby interests, so tinkering with business skills may also damage a Sim.

And with all of the new aspects of Aspirations... well I just wouldn't do it.

Tenshii~Akari is wise to say "wait it out" - listen to her!

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 03:57:08 pm »

the insimenator does NOT work, not perfectly anyway, so it would be best if you didn't go around all the forums saying that it does

if you MUST have it in your game use the OBJ version - the SIM and DEST version fubarr the bug hunting and bird watching and with all versions the reproductive adjustor is quirky and there's a problem with adding and subtracing vacation days

they're the only problems that I've found right now, but there are others working on testing what's broken too so I'll echo what Beos said, use it with caution

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
vanessa

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2008, 06:55:19 pm »

Hi Aliwag,I'm sorry I hurt your feelings,I have the sim edition and no SimPE and it works for me.
I guess I'm lucky.
I don't want people to crash theyr game,that's not my intention,I just wanted to share a positive thing.

PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2008, 08:11:53 pm »

The only thing is you could be corrupting your game files/code that's needed to run the game Vanessa in the long run. We have no idea how long it takes for those files to become totally corrupt.  So while it seems to be working fine now, in three months from now you might end up with an unrecoverable game crash and by telling other's it's working fine, you also might be inadvertently causing others to have the same problems. That was my rant on the other thread I deleted. It's one thing if we want to take chances in our own games, which even I am guilty of. I think we all are to some extent. But, it's another when we mess up other's games two or three months down the road, when we're not really sure how it's affecting the game code/files. I think that's all Aliwag is saying.

Oh and PS Tinkering is like learning. Sims pratice/learn from things they play with.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 08:14:06 pm by PegasusDiana » Logged

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
gaylesman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2008, 10:07:08 pm »

Ok I still have insimenator on my system... i only use the object edition... so i should pull it off?

btw..i never edited interests using insimenator...I always used merola's multi painting...it seems to work fine..do i have to pull that off as well?
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2008, 02:47:23 am »

gaylesman - I have tested Merola's Multipurpose painting exiensively, it seems to work without any issues, it is limited to assigning the career of a Sim to the base game careers only - but other wise it seems to work in FT without issue.

I rather prefer Merola's Multipurpose Painting for many modifications to a Sim, using it to up a skill by one point while a Sim is using a skilling object clicks the skill over and grants the points and adds the memory/want token for the change to the character... which is kind of vital for knowledge aspiration sims.

As for InSImenator, I would remove it to prevent possible data corruption until a more full period of debugging and testing has been done.  If there is ever a full list of the know issues, I will make a post detailing the known bugs with Free Time.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
gaylesman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2008, 10:06:18 am »

i have done a number of save games with the insimenator in my game...will my game saves be corrupted? I only use the object version. {there are too many menus in my game as it is..without adding more Smiley }

Im glad Merola's multi painting is ok..i thought it would be.. object oriented mods seem to be more robust
dreamcatchermwh

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2008, 07:52:12 pm »

beosboxboy is correct.
Many of the function in InSIMenator will work fine, but the ones that don't will do so rather spectacularly. Interests - for instance - now seem to have a numerical check of some sort that limits the maximum, so you can no longer Max All interests, so when InSIM might force these scorse to 10 for all, it may crash the game or render the lot or sim unusable.

The area of the Sim save data dealing with skill badges may or may not contain the data for hobby interests, so tinkering with business skills may also damage a Sim.

And with all of the new aspects of Aspirations... well I just wouldn't do it.

I have the insim in my game for FT and my game has been randomly crashing. And i checked my log info and it has caused problems with certain sims , usually the one i max out badges and skills.It affects that lot.I also read something about missing animations and what not so i would wait before using it.And thanks beosboxboy for that information .You have confirmed for me it is the insiminator so i will remove it imediately.I was wondering about the cause of the crashing and if it had anything to do with insim. Thanks.

Appreciation is a wonderful thing . It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.:grin:
dreamcatchermwh

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2008, 12:53:44 pm »

Yes i have moved the insimenator and downloaded other hacks that are up to date for FreeTime and the random crashing has stopped.But i miss the insim. i can no longer use it on community lots which came in handy,:-( can't stay downtown or community lots as long as i used to, gonna go cry then play my game again. Thanks guys.

Appreciation is a wonderful thing . It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.:grin:
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2008, 03:22:12 pm »

There are many alternatives to the InSIM available. I would suggest your using these certified compatible mods with FT until (and if or when [fingers crossed]) the InSIm is updated to FT compatibility. Try using our EP Hack thread to locate compatible FT mods:

http://www.insimenator.org/showpost.php?p=67263&postcount=1

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: