Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 11:05:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: The INSIMenator  (Read 7777 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
dreamcatchermwh

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2008, 11:51:24 pm »

Jinyc thank you for all the information you posted thank you for your help. I joined a couple of the sites that was there.Looks like i will be busy doing some reading. I personly learned some new things from the prima guide thanks so much.

Appreciation is a wonderful thing . It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.:grin:
SeZZa

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2008, 07:00:40 am »

The InSIMenator works fine for my game with Free Time. It always has when I would update my game and have a previous insimentor installed.

I'm still holding out for the new insimenator though, BAD!!!
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2008, 08:59:29 am »

*sigh*  Sad

Oh well, I tried... it's not my game, so go ahead and use it at your (general, not pointed towards anyone in particular) own risk.  If you feel comfortable with using it as is with FT, I'm not going to stop you.  Just keep an eye out for anything suspicious if you do.  Wink
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 09:09:36 am by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2008, 09:29:22 am »

common sense is not entirely common

edit: my mother just remind me of something my grandfather said:

"Wisdom is that thing you retain after you survive the tragedy."
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 09:43:02 am by ~Marvine~ » Logged

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2008, 12:53:14 pm »

Beosboxboy, Inge, Tenshii, myself...and probably a few others I've forgotten to mention...have all given very valid and sound reasons why it would be a good idea to pull the insimenator out of your game and either wait for it to be updated or use the suggested mods as alternatives until it is updated. At this stage of the game, rather than continuing to beat myself up by continually repeating myself, I'll simply say something else that has been said already.

Use any outdated mod at your own risk. If it breaks your game, you can't say we didn't warn you.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2008, 05:09:27 pm »

Point/counterpoint!

It's sad but I think this thread should be closed to any additional misleading posts. While Medota's finds may seem valid, unless he/she has gone into the very DNA of the game there is no way to verify that subtle and harmful changes have not occured.

Like Mendota, I still have the InSIM Sim edition in my game but I am depending on it less and less as other Modders are working to mirror if not replace its functions safely with FT. In fact, I have avoided gameplay since finding out that the FT patch is poison. I would rather wait until Maxis fixes what they thought they fixed (hopefully, soon).

As a service to all innocent InSIM loving Simmers out there I don't think anyone else should post his or her success with the current BV InSIM with FT as any claim to its working has been thoroughly dismissed by the many who are in the "know."

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2008, 05:26:33 pm »

I'm not going to repeat myself any more about this, and I don't think anyone else should either. It's understandable everyone is eager to have an updated mod in their games, but it will happen when Eric can do it. It's frustrating to post a detailed account of what could be happening in your game without your knowledge and find it followed by dozens of posts reading "But it works fine for me." There are a lot of mods that individually do the same things the insim does. What makes the Insim so great is it take all of those mods and puts it into one functioning download. There have been links to working, updated mods that can be used in the meantime.

Moderator Note: I'm closing this thread, and I'll close any more threads that pop up about FT and Insim I happen to see. It will be updated when it is updated, and if you keep it in your game despite our warning, fine. As further warning, I would strongly advise everyone to read this post.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 05:54:31 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: