Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 01:26:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: TUTORIAL: Using SimPE to Change/Add Age Categories of Clothing  (Read 21468 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« on: March 27, 2006, 06:05:38 pm »

Using SimPE to Change/Add Age Categories of Clothing.

First you need SimPE (q.v. http://sims.ambertation.de/) and some patience.

After you have installed SimPE, you will want to re-download the skins (not the meshes - just the skins) and place them in a temporary folder.  It should go without saying that you need to extract things from the RAR-files and ZIP-files... but experience has shown that not everyone understands this.

Once you have the files in one place you are ready to start making the necessary changes.

If you have several files to change, you may want to use Method 2 listed after Method 1.

Method 1 (best for a single item)

Double click a .package file, and after SimPE starts you will see a lot of things that may not make sense to you (be brave, just follow the steps and it will go well).

Take a look at the pictures in this tutorial is you get lost.

1. click on PROPERTY SET in the left-hand side under FILETYPES, it should highlight

2. click on PROPERTY SET in the right-hand side under PACKED FILES - below this area are some tabs.  Click the one labelled Plugin View

3. Now, on the bottom left, you will see age (dtUInteger) = 0x00000008 under CPF Editor - click it so it is highlighted.

4. on the bottom right you should now have a bunch of things show up in the otherwise empty areas.  you should see:

Name:
Type:
dtUInteger

Value:
0x00000008

if you see 0x00000048 then this skin is already enabled for Young Adults

if not selecet the last zero ( 0 ) before the eight ( 8 ) and change it to 0x00000048

Other possible combinations are:

0x0000000C - Teen, Adult
0x0000001C - Teen, Adult, Elder
0x00000044 - Teen, Young Adult
0x0000004C - Teen, Young Adult, Adult
0x0000005C - Teen, Young Adult, Adult, Elder

It is not wise to make combinations of skins forwards (e.g. a teen into an adult)

Double check yourself, it cannot be shorter than the value shown.

5. when you have 0x00000048 click the COMMIT button and the bottom right.

6. save your changes and close SimPE, move the file to the DOWNLOADS folder or SAVEDSIMS folder, which ever you usually use for skin files.

Method 2 (best for multiple items)

1. Start SimPE, click on Tools in the top menu bar. You should find Scan Folders... CTRL+F, click this.

2. After a moment, the scan folders tool should start, be patient, it may take a moment.  At the top you will see a drop selection box with Downloads Folder pre-selected.

3. At the right hand side of the window you will see a small downward pointing arron, click this and select the three dots ... this will allow you to browse to your temporary folder.

4. Browse to your temporary folder in the new window.

5. After locating the temporary folder, click the OK on the browse window, and then click scan.

6. You should now see a list of the files with (one hopes) helpful thumbnails of the items. Select one by clicking on it.

7. Then at the bottom of the window select the Operations tab, you will have to scroll down a bit to set the age categories. Check the ages you want to use this clothing item for, click SET.  The change does no show up here until you scan again. NOTA BENE: It is not advisable to make teen clothes into adult items, there may be visual irregularities and very weird bodies.

8. Repeat as necessary, re-scan the folder after you are done to make sure you have gotten everything to your liking.  If all id well, shut down the Scan Folders tool, shut down SimPE, and move the Packages to your downloads folder.  There will be BAK files made by SimPE, you may safely delete these files.

And that's all there is to it.  Have fun and get freaky!

Special thanks to Mutant Bunny at MTS2 for turning me on to the Scan Folder tool.

Special thanks to Faerigurl for her 'Tutorial: Converting clothes for different ages & genders' on MTS2 (no longer available)

Special thanks to Quaxi, Numenor, Pinhead, SnowStorm, Inge Jones, PLJones, Lady Moiraine, Carrigon, Max3D, SolanderCGN, Ancient Sim, mharpham, Deedee, jase439, Grapholina, Kody, ThomasRiordan, jfade, JWoods, Daan, SP Xiomara, uaintjak, TazzMann and cybersquirt for SimPE, CEP, and much more.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 01:27:49 pm by ~Marvine~ » Logged

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
~*Jax*~

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 09:59:50 pm »

Thank you for this.  I have been looking for a tutorial to do this all over the web.  :-)
petrld1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 05:07:08 am »

Thanks, I have wondered for awhile if this could be done

I tried this last night all it seemed to do is put an adult body on a teen head and left a huge seam.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 12:36:05 pm by jase439 » Logged
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006, 08:33:19 am »

petrld1 that is to be expected - there will be variations between meshes - and the end product is not always desirable.  If you are willing to endure the seam at the neck, it will allow a person a variety of body shapes as a quick fix if the absence of a special mesh.

It is especially useful for adding Young Adult or Elder to otherwise Adult only skins - the teen thing is hit or miss.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
The Mule

Beast of Burden

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 10:01:07 pm »

About changing genders...the thread you link to is no longer there....I need to change something from male to female....and SimPE looks completely different....
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 11:02:26 pm by The Mule » Logged

Yes...its the same Mule as before
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2006, 01:26:40 pm »

I updated the screen caps with the latest SimPE - the look is not significantly different - I refuse to use Windows themes, it looks sissified to me.

The gender info is:

gender (dtUInteger) = 0x00000000 (non-sexed, e.g., babies)
gender (dtUInteger) = 0x00000001 (female)
gender (dtUInteger) = 0x00000002 (male)
gender (dtUInteger) = 0x00000003 (universal or unisex)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 01:31:42 pm by ~Marvine~ » Logged

The Mule

Beast of Burden

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006, 04:01:09 pm »

Here's what I get when I open it with SimPe

**Picture removed**

I don't even see
"Property Set"

But....somehow I got through it....A formerly male accessory wearable by females. Thanks!!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 01:41:38 pm by The Mule » Logged

MsMacDugle

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2007, 06:02:58 pm »

Sweeeet, thanks tons for the tutorial assistance. I'm going to be modding like crazy.  I just wish my computer was upgraded so that I could really get into the meshing side of modding.

:welcome: Hello, I'm a sims addict:group hu: ...I can change, if I have to I guess, but I don't wanna :coffee:DeBRA
aimlesscoyote

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2007, 05:20:11 pm »

BeosBoxBoy, thank you for the tutorial.  I have a question.  I'm using Method 2 and following your instructions without any problem.  But when I click "set," the extra checkboxes I've selected immediately revert to their prior state.  SimPE does not seem to be keeping the settings.  Am I doing something wrong, perhaps?

I'm using SimPE 0.60 Alpha.

Update: Nevermind, Frumph's tutorial mentioned that the changes don't appear until a rescan. Smiley  Thanks again!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 05:30:08 pm by aimlesscoyote » Logged

Feed a hungry coyote (me!) ~ Buy some gourmet gifts and tea!
http://coyoteas.com

*10% goes to environmental causes*
Verly

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2007, 09:30:16 pm »

I also wanted to thank you for this tutorial. This is was so much easier then I thought it was going to be.
The Mule

Beast of Burden

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2007, 12:20:25 pm »

This tut should have a sticky...I'm constantly directing people to it.

RisingSun
Designer

Designer extraordinaire!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2007, 12:25:36 am »

Does assigning adult outfits to elder have any appearance issues like not lining up around the neck? - like when assigning adult clothes to teenager or assigning one gender clothes to another which alwayd results in the body and neck not aligning.

See my bodyshape series over at InSIMadult!
littlegemz84

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2007, 06:07:33 am »

Hey all. Okay so basically I was trying to be creative and change my teen outfit to adult using PE for first time. I actually found it incredibaly easy, however...... *drum roll*

I have somehow changed my .package files (including all in downloads folder) into a simspe file (with the orange icon) and I am confused what I did wrong. Now all my downloads probally wont work (I am too scared to check yet.)

basically I followed the steps above and started by following...

"Double click a .package file, and after SimPE starts you will see a lot of things that may not make sense to you (be brave, just follow the steps and it will go well)."

well I assumed this meant click "open" which I did and then clicked on the file in my temp folder I created. I know what I have done, just dont know how to sort it out... (I need to change the assosciated file aka- "open with" for my downloads but to what I do not know......

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME :-) XX
rofovnifo
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2007, 08:48:51 pm »

Hi

Looks good! Very useful, good stuff. Good resources here. Thanks much!

Bye
Vonster

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2007, 11:35:03 pm »

for those who may be interested (eg me) I worked out what some of the codes would be if you want clothing accessible by only one age.

0x00000004 - teen.
0x00000040 – young adult
0x00000008 - adult
0x00000010 – elder

I just found it weird when my elders walked around in emo gear :-D
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: