Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:30:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Whoa! Talk about a Premonition!!  (Read 5845 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ProvenVenus

Super-Snasher

View Profile
« on: March 04, 2008, 03:57:03 am »

Warning!! This is a very long and most probably annoying/boring story.
I'd advise those who hate girlish talk run away NOW

Hello. My name is Jessica, and I am a Simmerholic.

In my many years of Simming I've noticed many a different occurrences. Whether it be the annoyance of Nanny Sims, or the joy of watching your Sims desperately look for the pool ladder...
But just now, I've NEVER had something like this hit so close to home!!
Right; Since the base game, I've had an unhealthy obsession with the Maxis family, the Grunts. You know, General Buzz, Tank, Ripp and Buck? Most Simmers don't know/care for this family, but the Strangetown Grunts have always been close to me for some reason. Especially Tank Grunt, who I pretty much dedicated my game to. (Take note now his outfit)Most of my downloads and every family I made in Strangetown often had something to do with the Grunts!

Now when I heard about the latest EP, Freetime last year-ish, boy, was I exited! I watched the videos, saw some pics etc. and just got more and more ecstatic by the second. I looked on Snooty Sims for the release date of this epic game, and to my shock...
It was to be released 26th February, 2008: My 16th Birthday!! Strike One

After my months of dancing with joy, my ever-so-nice sister bought me a copy for my birthday last week. Wow, big surprise! >_>
Anyway I didn't get much of an opportunity the last few days to play it. With both my schooling and my... Ahem... Love life getting in the way.
But that's where I get to, Simmers. My new boyfriend's name is Matthew, he's the most amazing person I could ever ask for...So sweet, so cute *giggles* He's just my perfect! I won't develop into it much with it being so OT, so let's just leave it as 'he's rad'.

Anyway, I finally get around to playing my new FT game today. I've gotta say, that game is TOTALLY AWESOME! ^_^ I love the new hobby and aspiration aspects and all the new clothing and such... ANYWHOO...

I went into the new neighborhood, Desiderata Valley, to check out the locals and see what was going on in their little Simmie lives. I also notice there's a few new faces in the Sim bin as well, I go to check them out too and notice a little blurb of one family that made me go...
:smt104
HUH???

"Wait... Is that couple named MATTHEW and JESSICA?!?! And are doesn't Matthew look suspiciously like TANK GRUNT!?!?!?!?"

:jaw: :jaw: :jaw:

OMGWTH?!

I don't know about you guys, but that to me was just too plain FREAKY for words!!
:smt120 I mean, WOW. That just blew my mind!!

Please don't tell me I'm the only Simmer like this. PLEASE, OH GOD tell me you've had premonitions like this?!?!
I've yet to play this family... But if Jessica sim has a Pisces star sign and Matt sim an Aquarius, I think I might just DIE!
EDIT: *EEPS!* The Jessica Sim isn't a pisces, but is a Family sim just like me! And the Matt sim is a Aquarius!! *dies x.x*
Disgruntled, shocked and somewhat relieved at this point in time...
MamaFirecracker
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 05:25:24 pm by Jesseh-x » Logged

YANFRForm

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 04:27:50 am »

I can't say that's ever happened to me with the Sims, but that is truly an amazing, and amusing, story!  Cheesy
~Angel~

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 05:50:10 am »

Nah never happened to me, but that story is great!

~Mum to beautiful Ella Rose Isherwood,
              Born 21/10/08~
Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 09:40:46 am »

Lol...what a funny story -
But...you're right... that Picaso sim does look a little too much like the other character... I wonder why EA would just recycle a sim like that, instead of just making a new one?
I don't care either way...since i never use the pre-made families anyway.
ProvenVenus

Super-Snasher

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 05:27:04 am »

Eheheh... Thanks to all so much! Reading it at least would surely leave you with one big headache!
:rofl:

Few of the Maxis premades get recycled a fair bit, I agree. I've noticed a lot of the common townies such as Goopy and Marsha have a few 'Clones' here and there in EP's :lol:

~Angel~

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 09:26:44 am »

Quote from: MamaFirecracker;1162485
Eheheh... Thanks to all so much! Reading it at least would surely leave you with one big headache!
:rofl:

Few of the Maxis premades get recycled a fair bit, I agree. I've noticed a lot of the common townies such as Goopy and Marsha have a few 'Clones' here and there in EP's :lol:

Thats definately true =P Guess they are leaving making the variety to us, and just recycling what they already have. If I do play the ones already in the game, they all get a makeover from me anyway hehe.

~Mum to beautiful Ella Rose Isherwood,
              Born 21/10/08~
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2008, 11:54:32 am »

Thank goodness for SimPE and sim surgery.  I have been busy in my game lately so sims can look different, even if there's no difference in the DNA. Great story and I really enjoyed your premonition. Hope you and your sim families turn out well. Cheesy

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
ProvenVenus

Super-Snasher

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2008, 07:02:08 pm »

Thanks! Free Time is now officially my favorite Expansion Pack! Cheesy

You know what... It makes me wonder why I didn't click to that idea before. I've seen some of FT's faces, and boy, variety has taken it's toll! :|
Now I can make a more freakishly realistic foresight to my future! haha

Curiosity

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2008, 01:49:56 pm »

That made my eyes go wide, creepy and hilarious!

http://www.freewebs.com/breathefirst

My free sims 2 site if you are looking for content for your game,
Lola136

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2008, 02:19:48 pm »

thas creapy! ive had a similar/the same thing happen to me with a book, but t wasnt me and my (nonexistant) boyfriend it was me and my bestfriend. the characters in the book even looked acted and spoke like me and my friend (exept at the end of the book my one died by getting run over) the other wierd thing was that a week after reading the book i nearly got hit by a bus and then nearly hist by a taxi! i was way freaked out

Look At My Sims HERE
Psst! join a RolePlay[/B]
I just want to wrap you all up in cotton wool and roll you down a hill :smt120
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2008, 06:09:04 pm »

LOL I'm glad I'm not the only one obsessed with the Grunts Cheesy I love Tank too, even though in some games apparently he's mean, but Ripp has the firmest grip on my heart for lots of reasons - I just wanna give him a big hug :love2:

You really need to take off Tank's face paint, then you'll see how much he doesn't look like Matthew Wink I have played that couple for a bit - thanks to ACR they're breeding like rabbits lately! :lol: Feels weird seeing them in Maxis skins :angel:

This is Tank in my game (he got a bit of a kicking earlier in the story Wink) - notice how different he looks without that muck on his face! Wink

Funny story though :laughing: I've yet to come across something like that; I'm sorely tempted to dump my self-sim into Strangetown and see how well she gets on with folk Wink
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 06:14:08 pm by Sadie79 » Logged

No requests please
tallsimsfan77

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2008, 11:46:56 pm »

^Heyzeus- I've had an attraction to the Grunt family, too.  And yes, Tank does look bloody ridiculous with that stupid camo paint on.

I'll be honest- I don't really have free time, so I can't say for sure.  Do you have any closeups of the Picassos?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 11:49:15 pm by tallsimsfan77 » Logged

Sigs are for smokers.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2008, 01:17:18 am »

Not yet, but that can be arranged Wink As for Tank, first thing I do when starting any new game in that house (there've been a few times) is take off both his and Buzz's paint. No army boy wears paint off the battlefield, and what general wears it at all? (Apart from the fact they just look ridiculous) Tongue

Actually, next time I play Tank he'll be grown up at Uni - that'd make a better comparison wouldn't it? Wink

No requests please
ProvenVenus

Super-Snasher

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2008, 08:31:39 am »

:jaw:

Wow. Sadie, just wow! That's a fiiiine job you did on your Tank-Sim!
That face-muck that SOME CRAZED MADMAN at Maxis thought would suit Tank never finds a place in my game...  Wink

But while I couldn't agree more that my little Tankard (Okay, my elongated name for him. Be jealous >.<) looks nothing like this Free-Time Matthew, I just thought that two Sims named after my own relationship were exact to the one sim I have a MAD obsession over was a little strange! :lol:

Why Thank you, Tank. I'd LOVE some omlettes!:-P

thas creapy! ive had a similar/the same thing happen to me with a book, but t wasnt me and my (nonexistant) boyfriend it was me and my bestfriend. the characters in the book even looked acted and spoke like me and my friend (exept at the end of the book my one died by getting run over) the other wierd thing was that a week after reading the book i nearly got hit by a bus and then nearly hist by a taxi! i was way freaked out

Wow, Lola that's crazy! A book you could relate to, much Wink

The closest experience like that was after I saw the film "How To Deal" with Mandy Moore, and then in school we were made to read the book "Someone Like You" by Sarah Dessen... I was shocked to see how much the two were alike!! :goofy:

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2008, 09:58:18 am »

:laughing: Down girl! Okay yeah, I thought he needed beefing up 'cause he looked a little scrawny for a guy maxed on active, who'd been trained by his dad since he was little (check the story pics if you have them). Just as Buzz looked too small for someone who owned a set of weights, so I beefed him up too.

Tankard.. hahaha! That's a good one, dunno if he'd be impressed if his girlfriend started calling him that though Wink Amazing what CC can do, he looks pretty cute with that skin I think :angel:

[shameless plug]If you like the Grunts - especially Tank - you may like my story, Xenophobia Wink Tank goes from nasty to sweety in the space of a few chapters :angel:[/shameless plug]

No requests please
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: