Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 02:09:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about children's hair  (Read 2909 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
TheCelt

View Profile
« on: March 08, 2008, 03:27:22 am »

Is may be a really stupid question.  So I'm going to lie and say I'm asking for a friend who was curious.  LOL

Lately when my Sims have kids the children no longer get the hair of one of their parents.  My male Sim has a Maxis made hair and my female has a Maxis hair that I recolored.  Used to, the girls always had her hair and the boys would all get that super short curly Maxis male hair.  Now it seems they get all kinds of random hair, mostly seems to be custom content hair usually in the same hair tone as the parents but occasionally a different color than either parent.

Okay now for the question.
Did something in the game change?  Or do I have a mod that randomly selects hair that I've forgotten that I've downloaded?  I don't even know if anything like that exists.

Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit!
courtneybby
my cat eats wooden tables

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 03:29:20 am »

Each sim just gets random hair, I think. If you want to change it, use a mirror.
TheCelt

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 04:47:10 pm »

Yeah I know how to change it with the mirror. Frankly, I find it kind of annoying.  I like seeing which parent the kids favor.  It just seemed strange that for ages my Sim kids were assigned the hairstyle of their parent to suddenly having random hairstyles.

Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit!
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 04:52:13 am »

I hate when they get the parents hair style. So I guess I'm the opposite. I like my children to have children's hair styles. Not adult hair styles. I wish there were more children's hair styles for little girls, or more ribbons things we could add to their hair. I have several adorable styles for boys. I even like some of the one's Maxis gave us. But I only have a select few I'll put on my little girls. Toddlers/children.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
jaccirocker
Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 05:41:29 am »

I agree, I just went on a downloading spree for toddler type hair especially ethnic, I hate when my sim toddlers come up with adult hair styles.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 03:19:53 pm »

from seasons and up, the hairstyles gets pulled out of the ntire hair bin (also custom content hair) when the infant grows to toddler. the genes are counting, though, so black hair overrules everything, then brown, and finally red/blonde. but you might have some hairstyles that are binned wrong, so that it appears that they get the wrong haircolor.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: