Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 07:38:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pets,BV or FT?  (Read 4822 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Hidden~Secret

View Profile WWW
« on: March 08, 2008, 02:10:12 pm »

Well I'm going for my game shopping which I do every few months or so purchasing only 1 or 2 games.
So I've gome to all the experts/fans of the game to ask you this:
Which expansion pack should I get?
I've been deciding between Pets,Bon Voyage or Freetime.After all I've heard about BV & FT I'm thinking many won't recommend it besides the objects/clothes but with Pets there aren't any problems that I've been told of.So tell me:which one/two should I choose?

If you waist time then you can't get that waisted time back no matter how hard you try.
(used to be ShiningStarSim)
vanessa

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 09:32:42 pm »

Personaly,I love Freetime.

Life is  just a game and we are the sims.

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=22717
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 04:40:24 am »

I'd get Freetime.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
Thrior

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 04:54:06 am »

I would say Freetime too.

Pets is fun for a while but then it just gets boring and annoying. It really forced me to download hacks to get rid off all those annoyances like insanely dominating pet wants. I usually avoid downloading hacks but with this EP installed I couldn't play it without them.

I admit that I don't even have BV and I won't get it because I have heard so much negative critic about it and I'm not even that interested about it. It seems to have a tons of bugs, it slows down your game and after a while it gets boring and you don't even want to send your sims to holiday.

Freetime instead has been very bug free and it's a very "easy" EP. I really like it how most of the all new features can be used without going anywhere. They are always available and you have a lots of options to choose.

But in the end it all depends of your own gaming style. I like to focus on my sims and Freetime gave them some more personal features. That's the reason why I like it.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 05:04:04 am by Thrior » Logged

Micke
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 05:22:17 am »

I would say Free time too.

Like Thrior said, pets get boring after a while. The pets are cute but the sims get obsessed with having pets. Family sims rather have a bunch of dogs instead of having kids.

BV is okay, I didn't have it for so long before my hard drive crashed and since then I haven't installed it again. So I guess if you decide not to choose free time I'd go for BV.
BamaBabydoll

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2008, 08:59:37 am »

Well, pets is ok, BUT  I hate that it gives pets free run of your home even if they dont live there, or have not been greeted.  Too many times those darn pets come on and dig up my flower bed and I cant stop them Sad(

I liked BV, but I like Freetime better. Though there are some bugs to be worked out, and there is not a lot of content (which face it, we can dl custom content from one of the many many awesome designers) but there are a lot of interactions and objects for hobbies that I really enjoy.
AlbinoBambi

A.k.a. Ilse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2008, 10:08:32 am »

Well, according to some Pets was extremely buggy, and the worst EP yet.
I personally love FT, even if it has a few bugs. It adds soo much to your game!

But if you want to stay away from SecuRom, you should take Pets..

Why can't life be like The Sims, where you can control someone with just one click?

oddball011

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2008, 01:55:06 pm »

i'd deffinately recomend freetime

LAX is whats up.
PrincessIsabelle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2008, 09:39:23 pm »

i have to say freetime to

Visita il mio nuovo sito
My Sims 2 Site ancora in costruzione.
Sono un ginnasta e il mio ginnasta preferito è Sandra Izbasa dalla Romania
Preferisco le palestre delle squadre rumene e italiane
Miss Italy Coming April 25, 2008, PrincessIsabelle
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2008, 03:10:58 pm »

free time. definitely! pets is fun at first, but when my game started delaying every time pets came for a visit, it just started getting annoying, especially in the middle of a story photoshoot. BV is also fun at first, but gets boring too. I've got all games installe, and together they're much better than one by one. in some EP's I like clothes, in some the furniture, in some the new things you can do... well, there's something good in all the packs, I think.

but if you only want one, go for FT. you won't get tired of that as quick as the others, and it's got more new interactions than the two others.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Hidden~Secret

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2008, 03:42:51 pm »

Ok well I'd like to announce which one I got...

I got Bon Voyage *hears some booing*I know...I know its just I got too tempted & I'd like to wait for that FT patch so that its not so buggy.I got BV & it works perfectly so next stop: FT.

If you waist time then you can't get that waisted time back no matter how hard you try.
(used to be ShiningStarSim)
drsims

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2008, 12:02:42 am »

what is rong with b v i think its a good ep i love to travile

:rant:yes fugly`s rule the sims world...and long live the sith....:party1:
Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2008, 02:45:23 am »

No opinions on Freetime yet, but Id probably also say go for that one.  BV was a disappointment, i knew i wouldn't like it that much, the best part of it is just getting beaches and nice trees. Thats about it.
Plus if you have Seasons you might lose some realism when it starts snowing on the beach.. its ...odd.

anyways...Pets... the most hated EP.  Actually i dont have huge issues with it, never had any bugs that i can recall now.  I liked most of the furniture and the animal behaviors. The bug of getting swamped with pet needs and wants was taken care of when i installed seasons.  And as for annoying strays and wolves etc etc I have a hack that keeps all non-resident animals away from home and community lots.  I Also use clean 'hoods, and a no-stray respawn hack to curb the game's enthusiasm when it comes to creating stray animals.

So yeah... Pets: OK (with my game anyways), BV: Boring, FT: no comment
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2008, 02:35:23 pm »

Quote from: Hidden~Secret;1169365
Ok well I'd like to announce which one I got...

I got Bon Voyage *hears some booing*I know...I know its just I got too tempted & I'd like to wait for that FT patch so that its not so buggy.I got BV & it works perfectly so next stop: FT.

Oh no, even with the second patch BV is still buggy to me. It bugs the crap outta me. lol Only bug I've had with FT and it's not really a bug, it's annoying. The NPC Sims calling all night to say, "Wow I see your interested in this hobby yeehaw." I was having crashes and freezing, but I went through my CC with a pair of tweezers and haven't had any since.(knocks on wood). Enjoy your new EP. It's not as bad as some of us say, or is it....Wink

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
SimDipsy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2008, 08:42:41 am »

I prefer "Bon Voyage" over the other two. "Pets", to me, was the worst of the TS2 EPs.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: