Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 02:46:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you move neighbourhoods  (Read 2570 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Kivak

View Profile
« on: July 08, 2008, 12:30:26 pm »

From one computer to another? Any ideas.
Thanks in advance

Also is their a tutoral somewhere on how to make new hoods in SC4?

There is one thing in this world you can give others and still keep, and that is knowledge.
Ok maybe I will find a better siggy for now, keep on rockin!
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 02:35:27 pm »

Hey there kivak! LOL, I am not sure if you asking this, when my old computer conked out, I kept the hard drive in an enclosure and use it as an external hard drive. I transferred everything in my new computer thru the old hard drive. To do one neighborhood, I couldn't tell ya, maybe copy everything to the other computer and delete the extras. Hope that helps! Cheesy

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 10:50:08 am »

If you go into Documents and Settings/EA Games/The Sims 2/Neighborhoods and copy the neighborhood file you want to cd or flash drive, you can just paste it into the corresponding file on the new computer. N001 is Pleasantview, N002 is strangetown, N003 is Veronaville. If you have Seasons and FT, G001 is the seasons neighborhood and F001 is the FT neighborhood. You'll also see files for your custom neighborhoods (if you have any). Copy the one(s) you want to a cd or flash drive and, if it's a Maxis hood (say, N001), let it overwrite the N001 file on the computer your copying to. Hope that makes sense...I've still only had one small cup of coffee yet this morning.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Kivak

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 02:57:29 pm »

Thanks
Hi Lewisb40 fancy meeting you here.
Ok Caffienated Joy, thanks I think I can do that. I used to play sims2 on my GF computer, and had a nice hood started there, and wanted to move it to mine. We have almost the same CC only different hacks IDK if that would be a problem or not I have Inteen she doesn't but we both have about everything else.

Sorry for posting in the wrong place, I was reading something just posted without thinking where I was.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 03:01:51 pm by Kivak » Logged

There is one thing in this world you can give others and still keep, and that is knowledge.
Ok maybe I will find a better siggy for now, keep on rockin!
SusDK

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 03:08:47 am »

I had deleted the original neighborhoods and then I rgeretted it. How do I get them back without re-installing the whole game?. I tried copying from the Program/EA/sims2 but only one of the neighborhoods showed up.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 08:29:12 pm »

To restore your neighborhoods:
In  your stored game (not the active game) on your computer drive-
Go to:
Drive C(or whatever drive you've stored it)>Program Files>EA Games>TS Data>Res>User Data>Neighborhoods>
In the last file you will find the original neighborhoods-copy (do not do anything else, do not move these files) the neighborhood you want to your active game under "Neighborhoods".
Neighborhood 001 is Pleasantview, Neighborhood 002 is Veronaville, and Neighborhood 003 is Strangetown.
There should be no other neighborhoods in your active game numbered the same, or else the copied file will not show up. You have to copy all of the file, too.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 08:40:47 pm by MaryH » Logged

SusDK

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 05:27:56 pm »

Thanks, MaryH.
I tried that. The first time none of the neighborhoods showed up. Second time two of them was there. Guess I'll just try a third time to get the last one.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 06:46:47 am »

I know the problem well-I've copied neighborhoods before, and not have them show up-I've reinstalled my game just yesterday, and found that I had to redo all my neighborhood to make it work. What a pain in the butt!
Hope yours works better!

amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008, 09:01:29 am »

re making new hoods in SC4 - the EA Sims 2 site ( http://thesims2.ea.com ) has a tutorials section, see here http://thesims2.ea.com/help/index.php?pid=Help - scroll down to tutorials and to Neighborhoods Tutorial using SimCity 4 Deluxe.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: