Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 02:47:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Freetime Crash Issues  (Read 18397 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
LJaneW

View Profile
« on: March 10, 2008, 08:02:27 pm »

FYI  I have all Expansions as well as Glamour Life, Family Fun, and Teen Style Stuff.

Since the first day I installed Freetime I have been having issues with it crashing.  I thought, initially, that it was due to my custom content but now I believe otherwise.
When I first noticed issues I realized I had installed incorrectly, My fault and I should know better.  I removed my content than reinstalled properly.  So I played for a bit and no issues so I slowly added my content back bit-by-bit, no issues.  Than all of a sudden the game started to crash big time.  I couldn’t play for more than 5 mins. Without a crash.  Then I installed the No CD Patch (Fixed .exe).  I played for two or three days without any issues until I started getting better in a few areas of freetime.  My issues now seem to have to do with freetime itself.  For example; When my sim reached the top of the spy career she got the reward, a listening device, when she used it the game crashed.  When my sim won first prize in a cooking contest the game crashed.  When my sim got a promotion with a new career the game crashed, twice.  When I tried to select a secondary aspiration the game crashed.

I think there are a couple of other bugs that are to do with freetime but not causing the game to crash.  My sim seems to be repeating enthusiasm benefits.  Meaning, she gained enthusiasm in cooking and was able to serve a cheese platter than a little bit later the same thing.  It was the same day and she had not lost or I was not informed that she had lost enthusiasm in food and dining.
The other bug I am not sure of yet.  I might be losing days in the seasons when I save and quit.  I save at 3 days left and load back up with only 1 day.  I am still not sure about that one.  I am going to start keeping a better eye on that and correct myself if I am wrong.

There you have it.  My issues with freetime!  I am certain they do not have anything to do with my content and everything to do with the expansion itself.  I will update if I have any corrections or any more issues.

For the record:  My specs are fine!
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 12:09:22 am »

if you've added in the CC bit by bit, and got issues after a time, then it might be the CC you put in last or next to last that is causing the problems. if you have no issues at all without anything of the CC in your game, then it might be a free time issue.

right now, I'm playing without any CC except a few hacks, and my game is running smoothly without any problems or crashes so far.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 12:12:26 am by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
pandoraprincess80

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 03:50:36 pm »

Here's a problem I've discovered... actually a couple of problems: When I first got the game, I played and I played to see what everybody's "predestined hobby" was. I loved the whole idea of the complete randomness. Turned out not to be so much randomness... several Sims had the same interests! *yawn* Some didn't seem to have ANY innate interest AT ALL! So then I found a hack over at simwardrobe.com called the "Predestined Hobby Adjuster". What THAT does is 2 things... you can view any Sim on the lot's predestined hobby, or you can assign a NEW predestined hobby to anyone on the lot. I figured this would fix my problem, so I installed it. Now EVERYONE'S predestined hobby is sports according to the "predestined hobby adjuster". Keep in mind that I haven't actually TESTED whether or not this thing was accurate in reporting all those Sims' hobbies as Sports, but I just got really frustrated with having to choose a new hobby for all my Sims. Afterall, as I said, the main part about the whole "predestined hobbies" that I liked so much was that it was supposed to be RANDOM!

Anyway, sorry for ranting a bit there, but what it boils down to now is that i actually DO have to get EACH Sim to try out EVERY hobby, and HOPE that they all find one, and that it will be different from everyone else's :/ AARGH!!! *runs around in circles screaming*
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 03:53:07 pm by pandoraprincess80 » Logged

"Listen to your Uncle Cox, Dorothies!" Dr. Cox - "Scrubs"
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 07:02:54 am »

well, predestined hobbies are that from the beginning. it's got something to do with the personality traits of the sim. if two sims has got the exact same personality, they'll probably have the same predestinated hobby, too. (at least I think it's this way it works)

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
mixme

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 02:46:58 pm »

mine also crashes
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 10:20:35 pm »

well, it doesn't help to say just that. games can crash of so many reasons that just saying it crashes won't help us. but there's plenty of tips you can try around in the help thread, so you should try reading before asking.

My site:

LJaneW

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 09:09:08 am »

ok so I have been having major crash issues since I posted. I made a decision the other day...I completely took The Sims 2 off my computer then did a disk clean up and a "crap clean" than I reinstalled. I installed without pets because I never use it. I am hoping that the only thing that I will miss from that EP is the fancy black telephone. After that I cleaned up my downloads folder. BIGTIME! I deleted a lot of stuff and kept the bare min. After I reinstalled I played for about an hour without any hacks or downloads.
Since adding my CC I have not crashed once. I do believe I have a few bugs/glitches but nothing major.
Examples:

1. earings glitched for a minute but are fine now
2. Garden building tool got stuck but I only played that lot for an hour so I have no idea if it is still there Smiley heh..
3. I can only warm up on the ballet bar
4. I was able to hunt for bugs when I loaded the game now I am not

Thats all I can remember right now...

To clarify my previous crash issues.  there was no blue screen, no repeating music.  Just a pop error saying the application has terminated.
verenaheu

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 11:04:24 am »

I don´t have any crash issues, and I´m sorry that I can´t help you with that, but I can give you some answers:

The sims can do ballet excersizes when they have warmed up often enough.

The hobbies will show up as soon as the sims do the connected action, you maybe have to try all of them, sometimes it can be the last...

There are for sure some more mysteries waiting to be explored...
pandoraprincess80

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2008, 08:35:31 pm »

Quote from: verenaheu;1172710
The hobbies will show up as soon as the sims do the connected action, you maybe have to try all of them, sometimes it can be the last...

I have found this to be true as well. There have been times where I've tried EVERY hobby, and the "glow" that you should see around their predestined hobby never shows up anywhere. So do you mean that, for example, you may have to try every type of, say, the sports hobby, to find that that is their innate interest? Because lately I have been having to use that object from simwardrobe.com to CHOOSE Sims' hobbies for them, when, honestly, I wanted it to be completely random. As I said, though, sometimes no hobby ever clicks Sad

"Listen to your Uncle Cox, Dorothies!" Dr. Cox - "Scrubs"
Kazzandra

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2008, 08:35:59 pm »

I have a specific issue in which the new sewing machine crashes my game (trying to place it, more specifically) -- I don't know what custom content could cause that, but when I figure it out.... I'll report back... If my computer's hard drive is as fed up as I am with the load/crash/remove cc/load/crash pattern as I am....
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2008, 06:50:53 am »

Its werid cos mine crashed when mine was being judged at the food table. probally not related as to why though.
fsinaswee

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2008, 08:33:45 am »

Everytime I try to load my sims, who were already in the game I keep getting "controller...lot load...pull down curtain" error wat the heck does that mean??? Has anyone got a solution? I'm thinking that I'm going to have to use the hack detector thingy and erase all the hacks that dont go together and see what happens.

Oh yea does anyone know a way to get the game to load faster?
Kazzandra

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2008, 05:58:02 pm »

Dear fsinaswee-- do you have any curtains (maybe downloaded with a lot) that automatically open or close at night? Those are most suspect. Go ahead before you go into one of those lots and pres ctl+shift+c and type in "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" and if it is an object problem, you should get a pop up box as you load the lot-- press delete when asked what to do.

As far as loading faster, try compressing your downloads folder with DJ SIMS compressionizer (sp). My game loads faster and my Downloads take up 60% less room.

I found the file that crashes my game when I place a sewing machine-- it is an accessory file. I do not know its origins, but EVERYONE should look for and remove 8fe40e94_maer.PACKAGE from their files.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 06:00:21 pm by Kazzandra » Logged
DollyLlama

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2008, 09:10:40 am »

I can't offer any help, just sympathy. My game started crashing right before I got Free Time and its just been getting worse. Some lots are worse than others. I'm convinced its some form of CC. But I don't know what. I've started with hacks and am working my way out to see what would have caused the issue.

Good lucK!

Contest Lover
         Second Place in Miss Wild West
*~*Currently in: Best Bride Spring 2008 w/ Ceridwyn Douglas*~* And Picture Perfect w/ Bronwyn McDougal*~*
DarkAmaranth

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2008, 02:43:38 pm »

Custom animations would be my first guess. having more than one crashed my game every time. Kept my favorite and removed the rest, it's fine now.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: