Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 08:19:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Free Time Patch  (Read 3639 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
rachel631

View Profile
« on: September 20, 2008, 04:33:22 am »

Hello there!

I'm seriously considering buying Apartment Life, but first I have to decide whether or not to patch my copy of Free Time. It wouldn't normally be an issue, but I had serious problems with the Bon Voyage Patch (the second one, I think) which made my game unplayable and finished off one of my neighborhoods. It took a lot of googling and checking the boards at MATY before I realised how to correct it (a complete reinstall and hack of my registry files). To this day, my copy of BV remains unpatched. I have had no problems.

After that, I heard that the first FT patch was seriously borked. The second one is supposed to be OK, but is it? My game runs fine without it, and I'm unsure whether I should take the risk after my BV problems, but it is good practise to patch before you upgrade to AL.

Any advice?
mizmudgie
Site Santa!

Yes...I bite.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 01:24:28 am »

I patched both BV and FT with no problems.  All issues I had with crashing and  neighborhood issues were resolve with more RAM. There has been a couple of annoyances like Mortimer vanishing and one house where the phone wouldn't work. Those kind of things.

If you want respect...SHOW RESPECT!!
Drifter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 05:12:06 pm »

where can i find the patch for ft ? just got the game and have been haveing some probs
maniac19642003
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 05:16:06 pm »

Quote from: Drifter;1399809
where can i find the patch for ft ? just got the game and have been haveing some probs

The Sims 2 FreeTime Patch
Drifter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 05:42:31 pm »

thanks i hope this is the good one and not the 1st one they say is borked
aelflaed

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 06:13:17 am »

I thought the Freetime patches got up to number three?

The one linked on the EA site should be the latest, anyway, and I have it in my game.

Hope they do a better job with the AL patch.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: