Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 08:44:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Freetime Crash Issues  (Read 18631 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2008, 08:28:35 pm »

I have found this to be true as well. There have been times where I've tried EVERY hobby, and the "glow" that you should see around their predestined hobby never shows up anywhere. So do you mean that, for example, you may have to try every type of, say, the sports hobby, to find that that is their innate interest? Because lately I have been having to use that object from simwardrobe.com to CHOOSE Sims' hobbies for them, when, honestly, I wanted it to be completely random. As I said, though, sometimes no hobby ever clicks

you won't get the glow around them when they discover their predestined hobby. I get a message that says something like "I really liked this hobby", and the hobby bar get a glow around it. the sims won't glow until they've reached the highest level in the hobby bar (and they'll glow even if it's not their predestined hobby). they only have to try the hobby once, like football once if the predestined hobby is sports, or birdwatching once if nature is their predestined hobby. you'll get a pop-up when they find it, and the bar will start to glow, like I said.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 08:33:28 pm by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2008, 11:05:25 am »

My game is crashing and terminating more and more, ive tried all kinds of things like lowering the graphics etc.. tuening all background tasks off, having less expansions,ive only got a few custom sims in the game that i downloaded from the celebrity section, sim homeys and hunks.I disabled all other content, it didnt use to do this, since having freetime my game is really messing up.
chris626

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2008, 10:36:00 pm »

My game hasn't crashed or anything like that. But I do have one problem. Everytime I want to go into the sims houses to play them it loads up but it stays there for the longest time never entering the house. Its just the portait of the family and the little arrow just keeps flipping as though it were loading. This has happened to me more than 2 times and i'm really getting frustrated. I might end up uninstalling everything and starting over. that pretty much is going to suck. But if you have any solutions I would be happy to here them
abc_ente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2008, 01:54:10 pm »

Have you tried to take all your hacks and mods out of the game?
chris626

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2008, 08:30:49 pm »

Today thats pretty much what ive been doing. Im just cleaning out my downloads folder and looking at things I dont even use. I'll try the game out later after i'm done cleaning up.
pandasan

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2008, 12:10:37 pm »

Quote from: simpleprincess;1184264
Its werid cos mine crashed when mine was being judged at the food table. probally not related as to why though.

This happened for me too. When trying a food competition, did one of the sims present a CUSTOM food to be judged? I have found that most custom foods will cause a jump bug and set the judge into a non stop cycle of rejudging the contestants. I intend to remove my custom food and then re-test tonight when I get home from work.
GisIzzy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2008, 10:57:23 pm »

hey LJaneW did ur game still crashed after u uninstalled freetime . cuz i did , but i haven't played yet
Alowin

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2008, 11:49:36 am »

Since I have installed the FreeTime expansion, I have a "buying" problem.
All the furniture I have downloaded disappeared. The collection folders still are in the game but they are all empty. How do you think I can solve that problem?
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2008, 12:34:28 pm »

have you "enabled custom content" in the blue window that pops up bef ore the neighbourhood chooser? after that, restart the game. then everything should be there.

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Alowin

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2008, 12:37:14 pm »

Quote from: theraven;1235110
have you "enabled custom content" in the blue window that pops up bef ore the neighbourhood chooser? after that, restart the game. then everything should be there.

I have never done that and, anyway,  all the items worked before installing freetime.
But I'll try! Thank you.
simkitty

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2008, 12:45:41 pm »

I have the jump bug with the small computer when writing novels.Alvin Futa was in a dorm and he went too write a novel and jumped back off his seat.I took the small white one out and used the exspensive one and that seemed too work he didn't jump anymore.So if your going too write novels do it with the exspensive PC.And man does this EP lag bad.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 12:47:28 pm by simkitty » Logged

I'd explain it to you, but your brain would explode.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2008, 06:18:00 pm »

^ sure you don't have an old/outdated hack that is messing with the computers?

My site:

Alowin

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2008, 07:45:54 am »

Quote from: theraven;1235110

OK. I confess it surprised me but it actually worked.
Thank you for the tip :thumblef:
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2008, 11:13:58 am »

I've read in a few places in this thread where people are saying they've disabled custom content and their games are still crashing. Disabling CC won't help, because it's still in your game. You have to physically pull out your downloads folder and run the game without it to determine if it's a game glitch or cc glitch. Also, if you've been using any mods that aren't updated or confirmed by the creator to be compatible, it could have caused files in your game to become corrupt. In that case, taking the cc out won't help because the damage has already been done; you'll need to reinstall.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2008, 07:25:41 pm »

(for the billionth time: )

* remove old hacks OR find the updated version of it
* CC stoves/fridges that are not updated for FT might cause jump bugs
* custom food might also cause jump bugs if it's not made for FT
* remove insim from your downloads if you've got it
* and generally every other suggestion made in this and other threads.

My site:

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: