Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 07:53:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Freetime Crash Issues  (Read 18402 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
dreamcatchermwh

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2008, 12:49:19 pm »

I just recieved an update notice on May 8th for Nvidia and i have updated my drivers and what not.My game stopped crashing after taking out all custom downloads.Game played great.Then i installed K&B and now my sims can't go to a hobbie lot .When they get there and stay a few min. the game will crash.I don't know if that has anything to do with K&B or if it's another bug with it, or FreeTime!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 09:08:14 pm by dreamcatchermwh » Logged

Appreciation is a wonderful thing . It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.:grin:
varrnas

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2008, 04:18:53 pm »

I just got freetime yesterday, and the very first time I went to play it- it freaked out on me.  The neighborhoods load fine, however if I go to the Create a Family and I make an adult sim, it will come up with an error and it will say something like teleport destination too far away or some crap like that... Then I have to delete the screwed up sim.... Also, when I go to move a family into a house it does the same teleport destination crap and resetting it does nothing, so I once again, end up deleting that sim.... I can't play a single second on my game because it is constantly bringing up an object error thing.  Do you guy think it is my CC and Mods... I just installed the patch and it didn't help at all.... I am more than irritated right now... What a bummer! I was so excited to get this EP and now I can't even play the damn thing!  Has anyone else had this problem?
dreamcatchermwh

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2008, 12:47:20 am »

I just got freetime yesterday, and the very first time I went to play it- it freaked out on me. The neighborhoods load fine, however if I go to the Create a Family and I make an adult sim, it will come up with an error and it will say something like teleport destination too far away or some crap like that... Then I have to delete the screwed up sim.... Also, when I go to move a family into a house it does the same teleport destination crap and resetting it does nothing, so I once again, end up deleting that sim.... I can't play a single second on my game because it is constantly bringing up an object error thing. Do you guy think it is my CC and Mods... I just installed the patch and it didn't help at all.... I am more than irritated right now... What a bummer! I was so excited to get this EP and now I can't even play the damn thing! Has anyone else had this problem?

I have read through many game help posts on many forums and your particular problem is a new one for me.I have not ever had problems with Sims2 body shop.Once i got a message about having a corrupted sim from the sim bin while i was playing so i deleted that particular sim, in the end i ended up uninstalling and then reinstalling. I'm not sure but i think it was because, before Free Time i used the skill cheats on all my sims and it always worked fine, but with Free Time it is set up so differant that i no longer fill their skills like i use to.I find it pretty tricky to cheat with the skills unless i do it one at a time and while the sim is doing the action.That seems to help.
So if i were you i would uninstall and start fresh.And be carefull with cc, and mods.Hope this has helped.

Appreciation is a wonderful thing . It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.:grin:
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2008, 11:48:39 am »

Everyone:

If you're having a problem your first step should always be to pull out your cc folder and test your game without it instead of asking if we think the problem is cc. It's been stated here several times, and our answer will always be "pull it out and see". Also stated several times is to make sure all your mods are updated or compatible with FT, even if it means sending the mod creator a message asking them if they're mod is compatible.

Second, hijacking a thread to post your own problem is a no-no...post your own thread please!

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
lydynred

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2008, 01:27:35 pm »

I am having the same problem with my game crashing at the splash screen "Reticulating Spines in the Zone". Prevously i was told to make sure that i turned of my background tasks, which i did. I even went so far as to uninstall and reinstall all of my expansion pack and stuff pack, but i am still having the same problems.

My game was working prefectly one day and then the next day it started crashing at the screen that i mentioned above. I'm at a lose as to what the problem could be, i dont have any custom content in my game, so i'm truely lost.

I have updated my graphic card, sound card and all of that stuff and i'm still having the same problem. I have even ran my virus program several times, thinking that i had a virus, but after doing that several time, i am still having the same problem

I'm hopeing that someone can give me some suggestions as to what i can do next to make my game work. I have not been able to play since the middle of May and i am going through some serious dt's about not being able to play.

Any assistance that you can give would be greatly appreciated.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2008, 01:48:07 pm »

lydynred, did you not read what I just posted? DON'T hijack threads. Start your own. Your problem may have a completely different solution than the one that started this thread.

Are you patching after installing the eps? What are your system specs? This is something you should all be posting, since we don't know and really can't offer much advice without it.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
lydynred

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2008, 01:16:59 pm »

Quote from: caffeinated.joy;1286818
lydynred, did you not read what I just posted? DON'T hijack threads. Start your own. Your problem may have a completely different solution than the one that started this thread.

Are you patching after installing the eps? What are your system specs? This is something you should all be posting, since we don't know and really can't offer much advice without it.

I am truely sorry for replying to this thread and i will start my own with my problems.
Eva Aisling

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2008, 12:27:49 pm »

Quote from: fsinaswee;1184334
Everytime I try to load my sims, who were already in the game I keep getting "controller...lot load...pull down curtain" error wat the heck does that mean??? Has anyone got a solution? I'm thinking that I'm going to have to use the hack detector thingy and erase all the hacks that dont go together and see what happens.

Oh yea does anyone know a way to get the game to load faster?

I have this same error when trying to enter Veronaville's "Capp" household. I narrowed it down to LargerHouseholdsEP4.package. I have all EP and SP's and it isn't compatible. I also tested MoreFamilyMembers.package and that gives the same error. So, if you have any hacks to increase family size, take them out.

Hope this helps!
setsu23

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2008, 05:17:50 pm »

I had chris626's problem several days ago, yesterday i removed insim and it worked fine.
NovaWildstar

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2008, 05:08:33 pm »

I am having issues with Free time.  I deleted all of y custom content, reinstalled with the patch, and continue to crash.  My specs are great. It just says "application terminated".  However, my game only crashes at a certain point - in buy mode, decorating.  After deleting all CC, I thought that it might fix, but still have the problem.
axron27

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2008, 07:19:37 am »

I have about as much custom content as anyone, including hacks and my a lot of my own CC. I haven't had any problems with FT crashing -I do often have to reset my characters, however-. I have all expansions except Bon Voyage -could something in BV be causing your problem?-. I am running Pets in the mix so I'm positive that expansion set isn't your problem. I hope that the fact that I'm missing BV might have something to do with why you crash and I don't, because running pets and a lot of CC doesn't seem to be it.
Ghostie

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2008, 12:45:40 am »

Mine crashes every time a Sim uses a telephone on a community lot ( whether mobile or outside). I thought it was perhaps a bug with insimenator, but given the number of people who say Freetime crashes I'm beginning to wonder ! I've realised that if I wish the game to continue the Sims have to walk to community lots &  back. Is there another solution I wonder ?
I only run pets nightlife & uni with it (as don't have any other eps !)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 12:47:40 am by Ghostie » Logged
Arlet

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2008, 01:17:36 am »

Quote from: NovaWildstar;1353295
I am having issues with Free time.  I deleted all of y custom content, reinstalled with the patch, and continue to crash.  My specs are great. It just says "application terminated".  However, my game only crashes at a certain point - in buy mode, decorating.  After deleting all CC, I thought that it might fix, but still have the problem.

It happens to me, too. I don't have hacks, and my specs are good. I have nightlife, university, OFB, Seasons and Free Time installed.  I didnt know that there were a problem until I wanted to install a lighting rod in a roof. I uninstalled all the CC, installed the official patch, but the "application terminated" is still there.

any idea??
rachel631

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2008, 11:15:24 am »

Hmmm... which patch did you install? I know the original FT patch had some serious issues. Also, did you patch all your other expansions before installing the next one? Did you install all the expansions in order?

This is a tricky one, because I've had problems which come specifically from patches before, but it's worth trying.
Jasumi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2008, 07:17:57 am »

For those suffering this issue: do you have 2gb or more of RAM?

Also, when the game crashes is the memory usage for the game itself around 1.6gb? If so, it could be a memory leak.

(3rd) Ae Young Kim Mother of the Year
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: