Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 01:44:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: disc help  (Read 1314 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
itsatrashylife

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2008, 02:16:37 am »

a friend of mine has the sims 2 seasons and i want to borrow it and install it on my computer but only if i dont need the seasons disc to run it. i have all stuff packs except celebration and all eps except free time and castaway. can i use the bon voyage disc to run the sims? sorry if what i wrote sounds confusing. please help skeletor.cake@hotmail.com

excuse while i destroy your reality.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 09:29:22 am »

you must use the latest EP cd you installed on the computer to start the game. so if BV is your latest, you use that one. so you might have to use the seasons cd if you install it after BV. though if you try anyway, take a backup of the game before installing, so if it doesn't work, you at least have a copy of your game to put back.

(to backup, just copy all the files in the The Sims 2 folder, and save them somewhere else on your computer/an external harddrive/cd/dvd/usb stick...)

(btw, castaway isn't an EP. it's a freestanding game called castaway stories. the stories games is mostly for those with crappy PC's that have issues with the normal sims2 games.)

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
itsatrashylife

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 07:05:21 pm »

thanks for the help. i might just buy the game instead and save myself the hassle.

excuse while i destroy your reality.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 02:05:18 pm »

I think it's you use the the most recently released EP to run the game... so either way, if you do install Seasons after BV, the BV CD is what you'd be using either way, because it's the most recent EP that you have.  :angel:

Though it's a better idea to have your own copy, just in case you find yourself in a predicament where you'd have to do a complete re-install.  You never know.  Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: