Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 12:27:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Object Error (Books, newspapers and plate errors!)  (Read 1870 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
zuperbuu

View Profile
« on: March 12, 2008, 08:37:53 am »

Hey, I have been getting this error for ages, and sadly I can't copy the error-log to this PC since my PC downstairs won't copy anything onto CD's or memory sticks.
Anyway, here's the problem: Some of my sims reach for a book in a bookcase, and look like they're about to pull it out, but then they reset without a book. Then, when I ask them to study, an error message appears. This same error comes up with some sims that try to cook or clean up dinner plates/bowls or read the newspaper.
Not all my Sims are affected by this error, out of my DeathNote sims, Light is the one who can't read books, the newspaper or cook/clean-up dinner plates. L and Misa have no errors what so ever. And it's the same for some other Sim houses, not every house suffers from this bug...perhaps one in about 6 do, and I tested to make sure it wasn't the BoolProp cheat and it isn't that. MY custom content has no been changed since I got the first game, with only new hair and eyes/skintones being the only new downloads. I don't have any hacks or the inSIMenator, nor do I have any custom foods, careers or majors.

The error goes away once I install a new EP or STUFF pack, but any SIMS I make in create a family once that EP/STUFF pack is installed get the glitch. (usually it only effects 1 in 6 as before, but this can irritate me when it effects my logic sims. It's not just one Aspiration-base either; Logic, family, romance and popularity are the recorded sims who have been effected.)
I have all EP installed (but FreeTime) and only H&M STUFF installed.

Any help would be taken. But I have over 3000 CustomContent files, and as I said before, the only recent downloads since I got the basegame have been about 10 different skintones or hairstyles.

I'm also about to install FreeTime, so before I do, I would like to know if there are any major errors I need to be aware of. That way, I can 'kill two birds with one stone' in this subject. Hence the error I announced and any errors in FreeTime I may encounter once I install it.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 08:58:07 am »

The best thing, I think, to do is to remove the Downloads folder before you install FreeTime. This ensure that the installation of a new expansion pack will be smooth.

A few things occurred to me while I was reading the problems you're experiencing with your sims generating various errors.. One of the things you mentioned was the books. Do you have any custom items like custom bookcases, books, book mods (something to boost Fun)? Sometimes these things may not be updated for newer expansion packs. Also, if you have custom stoves, fridges, plates and whatnot that prevent your sims from cooking and cleaning up properly, you should take those out to see if they are the cause of the errors.

Just a thought to help you get started with eliminating the problems.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
zuperbuu

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 09:16:36 am »

Okay, I'll give those a try and test it tonight. Thanks for the info! ^_^
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 09:19:37 am »

Glad to help Smiley Let us know here if you were able to eliminate the problems mentioned.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 11:08:44 am »

hmm... I had that book thing with BV. I deleted some additional book covers that I had downloaded, and then it worked.
with you, might also be some default replacement plates.

and sort the files in folders (after creator/function and hacks). much easier to keep control of what you have.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
zuperbuu

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 06:29:04 am »

Okay. I took the dowloads folder out and then put it back in...tested it and the error was gone. Smiley
I took the dowloads folder out again before I installed FreeTime and once it was installed I put it back. Played the game for an hour with no problems with the content off...and then enabled the custom content and played for about 4 or 5 hours with no errors.
But I played on it again for 2 hours today and two errors came up...one was that my L sims has permanent platinum aspiration because of a job acheivment and he drank some Elixir Of Life and LOST days of life...even though he was platinum! Is this a FreeTime error? How do i fix it?
One other error is minor and not that problematic. It just annoys me. My SIMS go to pick up trash, but if they don't dispose of it (eg. just put it on the floor instead of throwing it away) their arm stays locked in the 'holding back' position no matter what else they do. TO get rid of the glitch I had to get them to either throw the trash away or force and error to reset them.
So far, those have been the only errors I have gotten.

By the way, I have no recolours of dinnerplates or books. I have one book object but it's only viewable, other than that you can't interact with it. And one other object that I have looks like a book but it's a unique mesh, and it's just there to curse SIMS and kill SIMS. You don't pick it up either, you just stand in front of it and look evil as you use the magic.
Other than that, many thanks for the help! ^_^
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: