Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 06:33:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how do I upload the celeb sims ive downloaded?  (Read 1668 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2008, 05:29:44 pm »

I came here and downloaded some celeb sims but they are not showing up in my game,im not very computer savvy so if someone could very kindly help me know what to do and give me a step by step guide, I would be so appreciatve. I hope this was the right place to post my question, I appologise if it wasnt,im a bit of a newbie.
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 03:49:08 pm »

mm this si a great site but if you need help with anything people dont seem to want to help out, ive been waiting for days now. ill just work it out on my own in future , sorry for the bother.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 09:07:32 pm »

Well... someone probably would've helped you out sooner, had you posted in the right section... this part of the forum is mainly for meshing help, so your question would probably fit better in the General Sims 2 Help Section, which a moderator will be able to move this thread if you ask.  :angel:  To tell the truth, I probably would've never seen this, had I not been looking for some tips around this part of the site.  Wink

Did you ever extract them from the Sims2Pack file?  Or if they're in .rar or .zip files, uncompressed the files using one of the programs listed here, then installed them with either your default Sims2Pack installer or Sims2Pack Clean Installer?

simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 05:46:19 am »

I think so, some are showing up. also even when i checked with sims pack installer for hacks/mods that might cause your game to crash, and deleted all those in red and some pink. im STILL getting the message ," this game has crashed the sims 2 will now terminate" it seems to happen on community lots.it happens less since i deleted the red and pink stuff but is still happening and I cant think what it could be?
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 10:42:02 am »

simpleprincess, because it is community lot that is causing the problem, it is possible that something you have downloaded included a phone or some other item from or for an expansion pack you don't currently have installed.  This can be very difficult to sort out.  Not all hacks and mods display in red in Sims2Pack Clean Installer, most do thankfully, but not all.

As far as I know, there is no way to determine which expansion pack is required for a particular item in your downloads folder; so the only recourse we have when something like this goes wrong is to move everything out of the downloads folder, then add a few back at a time and run the game to see if the crash still occurs.  Do try the game one time with nothing in the downloads folder, if a crash occurs, then it most likely that the lot you are trying to enter has some data in it that is specific for an expansion pack you do not have installed.

In this case, you will need to bull-doze the lot.

Returning to the Downloads folder, if you do not have a game crash with nothing in the downloads folder, then it is definitely a downloaded thing.

You can try this a number of different ways, I prefer to take it all out and add back a few items at a time, testing after each addition.  I continue testng in this fashion until all items have been returned to the downloads folder.

Another possibility is you have some form of data corruption in the game's save files.  This is more difficult to sort out than a bad lot or bad download item, so it is usually best to put off until later.  Try the methods I have suggested here, if this doesn't solve your issue, we need to move to other possible solutions.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 09:21:01 am by ~Marvine~ » Logged

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 04:30:44 am »

aww thanks, sorry for putting my post in the wrong place!!!. I love this forum!!! better than all the other forums ive been too. the community lots were made by maxis. pre made lots.mmm,it doesnt happen at home. could be a memory thing too as ive had memory messages.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: