Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:40:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Jump Bug With Preparing Food  (Read 2243 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
CynicalSim

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2008, 06:19:37 pm »

I started noticing that my Sims couldn't prepare and serve certain foods back in Seasons like the chili, for example.  Now with FT, they can't serve Grandma's Chicken Soup.  I'm just curious if anyone else has had anything like this happen.  I totally took out all my hacks and downloads even in projects and saved Sims, etc.  They still can't serve foods like chicken soup and chili.  Weird.

EDIT:  I need to clarify, my Sims go to prepare the food item, but jump out of the action after they open the fridge and reach in.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 08:44:00 pm by CynicalSim » Logged

*Some people only dream of angels; we held one in our arms.*
                        Remembering Jacob March 8 - 9, 1996
                   Our Angel: http://sids-network.org/fp/jacob.htm
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 07:29:16 pm »

Did you made sure to remove all your custom fridge too?
CynicalSim

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 07:59:25 pm »

I believe all custom content was removed.  I combed through the game folder looking for anything that could have been downloaded.  It is possible, however, that I missed something in some little teeny tiny folder somewhere, so would love to hear any suggestions.  Cheesy  Boy, once my game was stripped, I went from loading to in the house in 90 seconds.

Hmm, that makes me wonder.  The house one of my families live in was downloaded (unfurnished).  But I tried to take out any and all DLs including from transport, and the Sims 2 folder, projects, collections, downloads, and saved Sims. Yet the house was still there.  Is it because it was already placed in game, or could I have missed something?  I am really stumped because I always remove everything from my game before new expansion packs and stuff.  I must have missed something.

MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 08:10:02 pm »

Once a house is place in the hood you can safely delete the template, it won't make the house disappear.

That is not true though when it comes to the custom content used to create that house (windows, doors, etc) or cc objects that might be in it.

I know for some of the new food to be available you must have a certain level skill.  Did you check in other houses with a sim that have full cooking skills to see if that "chicken soup" option was there?
CynicalSim

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 08:44:24 pm »

Opps, I need to clarify, my Sims go to prepare the food item, but jump out of the action after they open the fridge and reach in.

EmmaBunn

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 01:49:21 pm »

My sims have been jumping out of the action after they finish preparing the meal. As soon as they would serve it, they cancel it out. They have also been jumping when I cancel any action. They completely reset themselves. Free time seemed great, but it has been so frustrating!
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 08:52:33 pm »

If both of you have completely removed ALL of your cc (mods, cc objects, etc.) I have no idea why your sims are jumping out of action.
CynicalSim

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2008, 11:18:24 pm »

Well, I tried something different.  I had one of my Sims go to serve chicken soup. Then, as she reached in to take the ingredients out, I canceled the action.  She then set the ingredients down and they didn't disapear, nor did she "jump" out of the action.  Then I had her finish preparing the meal and she did.  Odd, but it worked.  

Thanks for trying to help.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: