Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 09:52:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No interactions at Vacation Home  (Read 1795 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
AjiDivine

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2008, 09:01:46 pm »

Everything was going great until I took my couple to their recently purchased vacation home. They could not interact at all. I would select an action and they would move to do then they both jumped to a standing still position. It was awful. They could not eat together or even sleep together. Then all interactions disappeared, except for Admire. Could not get a picture of them together at all.

I have Free Time installed too. I have the latest BV patch and my system more than meet minimum requirements.

The only mod I had in game was InSim OBJ version. My CC was loaded and the game played fine while they were home.

Simming is a way of Life!!!  :toothy4:
Check out my sims pictures.
My Apocalyse Challenge
2nd Place in Part of Your World - Jocelyn Lanier
3rd Place in The Devil
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 07:09:11 am »

hmm.... I had it almost like this on hotel lots. I got errors all the time on two adult sims, both when they were trying to do something, and when they were just standing there. one of them even walked in the air. but their children could do anything I asked them to do.
I think it was a hack that caused it, though, but I've not played with vacation lots since then, so I don't know if the problem still is there.  

is the vacation home downloaded, maxis, or did you make it yourself? downloaded vacation homes, especially beach lots, have issues in some people's games.

you should check your DL folder for hacks. if you use the Sims 2 Clean installer, you'll find out if any lts have hacks in them, because some downloaded houses takes hacks with them when they're packaged.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 07:12:45 am by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
AjiDivine

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 09:00:35 am »

The house was a Maxis house. I have rarely taken my sims on vacation. I do use the Clean Installer and when I ran it after that happened, the only mod/hack was InSim. Weird that everything was fine while they were home. I will try it again today.

My Apocalyse Challenge
3rd Place in The Devil
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 11:10:54 am »

that was the case with me, too. they were fine at home, but the errors were BV related.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
gali

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2008, 07:10:22 pm »

It's a hack conflict.
Download the hack conflict program (it stays on your desktop) from simwardrobe (sims 2 -> programs)

http://www.simwardrobe.com

activate it, then see the report, and delete all hacks pointed as conflicting the game.
AjiDivine

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2008, 08:41:53 pm »

The only hack I had was InSim. I cleaned up all of my files and hopefully that did it. I haven't played a vacation lot yet.

My Apocalyse Challenge
3rd Place in The Devil
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: