Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 07:00:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Flashing...  (Read 4409 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Joefish

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2008, 10:20:21 pm »

Ok so I wasn't sure which forum to post this in and i will explain why. I have a Mac book and recently purchased VMware Fusion so i could run windows on my mac. I did this because I have mostly all of the Sims games on a PC platform and i don't feel like spending my money on all the ones for mac. I went into windows XP on my mac and was able to download The Sims, university, nightlife, and open for business with no problems. But then i tried installing family fun stuff, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, and Freetime and they all had the same effect. They all caused the neighborhood to flash purple and they caused the walls in the actual houses to flash red. I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling each game individually, but nothing worked. I even tried downloading the patches, but that didn't work either. I don't understand the problem because when I ran the copy of seasons that i have for my mac it worked just fine. If any one could help me it would be much appreciated. Also if any more details are needed to understand my problem I'll be sure to give them. Thanks Smiley
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 10:52:14 pm by Joefish » Logged
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 07:25:19 am »

that is a graphic problem. it's got something to do with your graphics card needing an update.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Joefish

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 02:55:26 pm »

but then why was i able to run Family fun stuff, Pets, and Seasons perfectly fine on the mac operating system?
RBWpg

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 12:18:11 am »

Sounds like your overloading the memory trying to run both at the same time. You mentioned it ran fine for the first few expansions. but the memory needed for each plus the memory needed to run the virtual pc is probably to much for the system. If you can increase the ram memory this might solve the problem. I used to be able to access it on my old I MAC but I now have a new one and still getting my bearing's. Hope this helps.
Mi-chii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 06:23:13 am »

Buy new RAM, flip out the battery, take out the ram and replace it. Search youtube for videos.

Changing RAM is easy peasy.

Tied third place in Mr. Insimenator 2007
Join the Animal Army
Call me Michelle
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 11:34:01 am »

Joefish - VMWare is not a perfect emulator in many regards - the difference here is that in the latest expansion packs a full implimentation of pixelshader 3.0 is used and this has no corresponding support on MacOS, even though you are "in Windows XP" with VMWare, your display is still limited by the powers of your MacOS and hardware.  There are wide-spread complaints of video incompatibilities with the later EPs and Stuff Packs even on Windows systems; so this is not entirely surprising.

Make sure you have installed CEP in the Downloads folder associated with your game in VMWare, also make sure you have changed the video driver in the emulation to something besides the default Windows XP drivers.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Simz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 02:55:04 pm »

My friend has a Windows and he has the same problem, it's definetly a graphic card problem. His game works fine up to Pets.

I have always hated the darkness.
The darkness within the human soul.
Within my soul.
I have always hated a part of myself.
~Raven
HugeLunatic

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2008, 09:01:52 am »

So you are trying to run the game with OSX emulating windows XP?

Why? You should just run windows.  And with a macbook your video card is limited.   I don't think its even compatible with any ep's after NL, maybe Pets...

Mi-chii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 05:58:56 am »

My fiancè runs a Macbook witheverything up to seasons, no problems. I have a 2 year old Powerbook G4 with 6GB of downloads, everything up to seasons, and I can play on the highest graphic settings. And we don't even have leopard, still good old Tiger.

Then, we have bought more RAM wich is the only thing you need to stop the flashing... Not that anyone listens to me, as usual.

Tied third place in Mr. Insimenator 2007
Join the Animal Army
Call me Michelle
yeegreen

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2008, 08:44:02 pm »

Ya that happened to me, all i did was called aspyr for help

Here is their help contacts:

Phone: 512.708.8100

Fax: 512.708.9595

Electronic Mail address: info@aspyr.com

Mail address:Aspyr Media, INC.
P.O. BOX 5861
Austin, TX 78763

For Europe

Electronic mail: info_europe@aspyr.com
Mail address: Aspyr Media Europe Ltd
P.O. Box 2094
Watford
Hertfordshire
WD19 4YJ
United Kingdom

Telephone: +44 (0) 1923 200 940 – NOTE: No Technical Support is available through this number.

Fax: +44 (0) 1923 200 941

Life is like a walking cat ~ Nanami Feung Hanfanyo & Akihito Wan Kangino  (my mother & father)

In memory of my mother & father Nanami Feung Hanfanyo & Akihito Wan Kangino who both died May 9 1:37 AM *CRY SOD
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: