Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 01:51:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: neighbourhoods and families...  (Read 1746 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
killacammy

View Profile
« on: March 13, 2008, 03:59:11 pm »

1, is there a way to transfer sims in one neighbourhood to another?
2, is there a way to connect sims together into one family (like, on the family tree) ?
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 04:05:09 pm »

The answer to the first question is no; doing so will really damage your game-the best you can do is get NL and create sub-hoods to attach to the main hood. Otherwise, you can't.
The second answer is to use the Insimenator and spawn the "family tree" mod of it-I've tried with some success to put families on each other's tree, but it takes some practice-because all parties have to be on the same lot when you do it. I still don't have the complete hang of it, but it does work-and they will show up in the family tree in the game.
Hope this helps.

killacammy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 07:58:05 pm »

thank you, but how do u do that? :s
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 06:31:57 am »

If you have the Insiminator, there will be many options for it, once you have put it in your game.
To do any of the options, click on the Sim you want to change, and check the 'spawn' option; it will bring up all the mod options-including "family tree".
Once you get the family tree, you will find it will have options to "set as parents", set as "my child" etc-then you have to check which sim you want to set as a parent or child-as I wrote, the other person has to be on the same lot at the time. You have to repeat this step for the other sim as well.
That should put both sims in the same family, and they will show the family ties in the game's family tree.
This works for any sim you click on, and you can literally put all the townies into your family tree, provided they're all on the same lot.
Hope this helps.

dynasty

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 07:25:12 am »

ok, I got a question for this.... I every and then make pregnant sims move into someone elses house and have the baby. It's the way I make my sims adopt... until now, it's just been bothering me that the child kept the biological mothers last name. does the last name change as well once you set another couple as parents?Huh?

Check my sims out!
Nita-Chan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 11:02:02 am »

Actually, there IS a way to "transfer" Sims from one neighborhood to the next.  However, it involves using SimPE, and it MIGHT screw up your game.  It's never done so for me, but it might, so keep that in mind. >w<;;  Also keep in mind that you're not "transferring" the Sims, per se, but cloning them and putting them in your Sim bin. :3  I can tell you how to do that, if you want, but if you don't want to Download SimPE and go through the trouble of doing all that, then I won't bother. >w<
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 01:56:23 pm »

In answer to the above question-most of the time, it is nearly impossible to change the last name of any child-it's hardwired into the coding of the game, and despite many people's modding attempts, it has never been successfully done, to my knowledge.
I've adopted several townies into families, and they all kept their birth names in the family tree. Guess you gotta be born into the family to get the name!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: