Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:49:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Siberwolf's Siberian Huskies, Pack 2  (Read 25834 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
siberwolf

View Profile
« on: March 14, 2008, 03:27:59 am »

GET PACK #1 HERE.

This is Pack #2 of 2 that I am uploading here, exclusively at InSIMenator. Smiley I worked a considerably long time trying to perfect this breed, my favorite breed, for inclusion in the Sim world... and this, I'm happy to say, is the final result! The Siberian Husky is a dog of incredible beauty and variety, all within the same breed. No two Siberians ever quite look the same... they come in varying body types (show standard, pet quality, racing type), various eye and coat color combinations, and a multitude of markings. With this selection of Sim Huskies I am uploading here (14 in total), I am doing my best to represent this tremendous variety within the breed.

For the sake of consistency when you produce puppies in the game, I decided not to incorporate that varying body types, but instead designed my Sim Huskies to be representations of the AKC Standard... They look like the kind of Siberian you'll see at a dog show. However, the fun part was including their full spectrum of color variations, some of which you only usually find in racing lines. For example... the Agouti, the Piebald, and the even rarer Black and Tan Husky. All colors are allowed in the AKC Standard, it's just that you don't see these colors everyday, outside of visiting a racing kennel. In addition to coat colors and markings, the Siberian is permitted to have blue eyes, brown eyes, amber eyes, even green eyes, or any combination of each color. This means a single dog can have a blue eye on the left and a brown eye on the right, and there's nothing wrong with that. In my opinion, it enhances the unique beauty of the breed. As you'll see in the pictures, I included this eye detail in my Sim Huskies as well. Sibes can also have, for example, a single eye that is mostly blue with a wedge of brown in it... how's that for unique? Two colors in the same iris! Unfortunately though, it's not possible to be quite that detailed in the Sims.

In Pack #2, you will find:

- A Black & White female with an open face (no mask) and a bit of white on her lower neck, with grey-blue eyes.
- A Piebald female (mostly white with spots of color, in this case grey) with one green eye and one grey-blue eye.
- A Red & White female with a mask and light brown eyes.
- A Silver & White male (grey, but without any tan shading) with dark blue eyes.
- A Pure White male with light blue eyes.
- A Splash-Coated male (different from a Piebald in that it's a larger patch of color instead of spots) that also has a Wooly Coat (longer hair that's faulted in the show ring, but still sometimes occurs in certain lines), with light blue eyes.
- A Mostly Black female with dark blue eyes. Most typically found in racing lines... I've never seen a Pure Black Siberian, but it's also possible!

Important Info (Please Read Before Downloading):

* The eyes you seen on my Siberian Husky models are by awasegg, from her Ultimate Pet Eyes. If you have the original Maxis default pet eyes or someone else's defaults, when you download my huskies, the particular eye colors may end up looking rather different in your game compared to what is pictured here. I think they look best with awasegg's default pet eyes and I very much recommend installing them. Specifically, I use the "Hunter, Colorful Edition" set for my game.

* Also, I used the unlocked "bandit mask" from Maxis for some of the markings on particular dogs. If you haven't unlocked it, I'm not sure if it will make a difference or not when you install the dog... It might show up or it might not. To be on the safe side though, I suggest unlocking the various extra Maxis coat colors and markings BEFORE you install my Huskies, which you can find out how to do rather easily here: Unlock All Maxis Pet Breeds, Collars & Fur Patterns.

* Pictures of real life Siberian Huskies used in this post are from the wonderfully informative Colors of the Siberian Husky site which is, if you're as fascinated by the color and markings in the breed as I am, a treasure trove of images. The exception to this are a few photos marked "©LSH" - these were pictures taken by me, of my own Sibes over the years. Smiley

* For more info about the Siberian (a beautiful intelligent breed, but one that is not suitable for everybody!), please visit:
- Siberian Husky Club of America
- The Many Personae of the Siberian Husky
- Stephen R. Lee's Siberian FAQ
- Sibes.org

Well, I hope you like them! Comments are very much appreciated if you download, as I like to think my Sim Huskies are going to good homes. Wink

Any problems, let me know.

* BonusSiberianMostlyBlack.zip (8.35 KB - downloaded 931 times.)
* SiberianWhite.zip (9.21 KB - downloaded 998 times.)
* SiberianWoolySplash.zip (13.12 KB - downloaded 931 times.)
* SiberianSilver.zip (9.93 KB - downloaded 983 times.)
* SiberianRed.zip (9.85 KB - downloaded 998 times.)
* SiberianPiebald.zip (9.58 KB - downloaded 921 times.)
* SiberianBlkWhite.zip (9.53 KB - downloaded 1097 times.)

* mostlyblack.jpg (111.35 KB, 650x450 - viewed 4085 times.)

* splashcoatedwooly.jpg (118.05 KB, 650x450 - viewed 2436 times.)

* white.jpg (123.46 KB, 650x450 - viewed 2348 times.)

* silver.jpg (105.85 KB, 650x450 - viewed 2388 times.)

* redwhite.jpg (116.69 KB, 650x450 - viewed 2481 times.)

* piebald.jpg (126.07 KB, 650x450 - viewed 7847 times.)

* blackwhite.jpg (121.44 KB, 650x450 - viewed 2905 times.)

* siberwolf-sibes2.jpg (75.48 KB, 550x390 - viewed 2300 times.)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 05:29:35 pm by siberwolf » Logged
wendylady

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 08:32:45 am »

:: give big hug:: Oh I love husky's, I had 2 when I was a kid and so miss them. Glad to find I now can have them in my game. You real capered the look too
Canyonwind

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 11:41:46 pm »

I have a red and white siberian husky in real life and the game.  These are awesome!
lunatiki

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 04:04:03 pm »

:group hu: Husky((HUGS))to you!  Thanks for this awesome set!:happy3:
kim

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 06:03:09 am »

Nice Job

HappySimsShoppe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 02:27:45 pm »

WOOOOT! More Huskies to adop. Thanks Wink

:sunny:Happy Sims Shoppe :thumbup:
siberwolf

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 12:18:00 am »

Thank you for the kind comments. I'm glad people are enjoying them, especially those who currently share or have shared their life with this wonderful breed. Smiley
meeps

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 08:45:20 am »

gorgeous puppies! thank you!

Apparently, the knight in shining armor who was supposed to sweep me off of my feet got lost in the woods.
Firestar

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 10:22:46 am »

Oh these are just gorgeous.  I've taken my three favourite colours.  Thank you.

Always trust your first initial feelings, Special knowledge holds true, Bares believing, I turned around, In the crystalline knowledge of you.
kendawgwv

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2008, 10:53:44 pm »

Awesome!  My Rosie (aka Rosanna Danna) seems to tie your Red&White and Sable... Lovely pup - Hopefully these can satisify their chew need faster than Rosie!
whereamI

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2008, 06:50:03 am »

Awwww!  I have a pied siberian!  She's sooo cute, but sooo much trouble!   hehehe, anyhow, thank you, now Lyra can come live in my game with my self-sim and be just as destructive and adorable as ever!
didem91

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2008, 11:18:25 am »

Oh dear, they're sooo sweet!
dwarf1010

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2008, 04:49:16 pm »

they are gorgeous, thank you very much

I understand the concepts of cooking & cleaning, just not how they apply to me:angel:
DBell5310

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2008, 10:44:23 pm »

thank you for your beautiful versions of the wolves and siberian huskies.  They are gorgeous dogs.
ALil'Hope
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2008, 03:57:24 pm »

I love the black and white, way better than the Maxis husky!
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: