Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 01:37:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Siberwolf's Siberian Huskies, Pack 2  (Read 25841 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
KCeeV291

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2008, 08:04:28 pm »

Such cute doggies! I love Siberian Huskies. :-P

[1ST] World's Hottest GLBT Couple- Sheppard & Elijah | [7TH] MANHUNT - William Otto

>>in my own Sims World
siberwolf

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2008, 05:37:38 pm »

Thank you, everyone who downloaded and left comments. It is greatly appreciated. Smiley
bonecake
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2008, 03:03:35 pm »

Oh I love these. I had two huskies growing up, a black and silver female and a pure white female. Memories...
austwickmc

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2008, 08:24:24 pm »

Thanks a lot
zukoislove

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2008, 07:24:27 pm »

Gorgeous! I love huskies. Smiley
KikiWolf

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2008, 01:29:24 pm »

oh these are beautiful!! good work!!

i have a red and white Husky that's just turned a year old but at the moment hes very very finicky at what he eats and really lean. People keep moaning that hes skinny >.<

i wish i knew when he'd get his thick fur >.<

xx
siberwolf

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2008, 09:39:30 pm »

Quote from: KikiWolf;1369728
oh these are beautiful!! good work!!

i have a red and white Husky that's just turned a year old but at the moment hes very very finicky at what he eats and really lean. People keep moaning that hes skinny >.<

i wish i knew when he'd get his thick fur >.<

xx

His fur will probably get a little thicker once winter roles around... however, at just a year old, he's still young. My Delilah (who I modeled the gray & white husky after) had a thinner coat when she was younger as well - it didn't really start getting thicker until she turned around 4/5 years of age.

She was also a fussy eater and on the thin side too, for most of her life. Huskies are good at regulating their body weight, so if they don't feel like eating, they won't. It's not something to worry about unless they refuse to eat at all for a significant amount of time (then it's time for a vet checkup). The thing about dealing with a finicky sibe however is DON'T GIVE IN to their eating habits - meaning, don't feed them people food if they don't want to eat their dog food. They're smart - they'll figure out that hey, if I turn up my nose at my regular food, mom will give me something better... (You may in fact be aware of this trick already!) If your husky turns up his nose, just take the food away, and don't give him anything extra. He won't starve if he misses a meal for even a day or two. See if he wants the same thing tomorrow... You gotta be smarter than them, which can be difficult when living with a sibe. Wink

I'll just mention too, huskies seem to fair better with a higher protein food brand.
KikiWolf

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2008, 10:19:05 am »

thanks ever so much

yeah the most he goes without food is a day, maybe two at the most so i wasnt sure whether or not to worry just yet. I guess i was concerned over his slimness but if it's common then i will give him a year or so to start to fill out. He's very happy and eats as much as he can manage. im from England so im not sure what kinds of food you could recommend me but what sorts of food in America would you recommend and i may search for a similar brand as currently he's on biscuits, the odd canned food and fish and eggs recommended by the breeder.

hes a beautiful dog and i love him dearly but im worried he will be ill or never fill out if he keeps on messing around with his finickiness

thanks ever so much for the help though! you've been a star to enlighten me!

xx
siberwolf

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2008, 04:05:34 pm »

Quote from: KikiWolf;1370828
thanks ever so much

yeah the most he goes without food is a day, maybe two at the most so i wasnt sure whether or not to worry just yet. I guess i was concerned over his slimness but if it's common then i will give him a year or so to start to fill out. He's very happy and eats as much as he can manage. im from England so im not sure what kinds of food you could recommend me but what sorts of food in America would you recommend and i may search for a similar brand as currently he's on biscuits, the odd canned food and fish and eggs recommended by the breeder.

hes a beautiful dog and i love him dearly but im worried he will be ill or never fill out if he keeps on messing around with his finickiness

thanks ever so much for the help though! you've been a star to enlighten me!

xx

We used to feed our huskies Eukanuba (they have a high protein sports/performance mix), although if I was still raising huskies these days, I'd probably switch to a more premium brand. But they seemed to like the Euk... None of my dogs ever liked eating just kibble, so we'd also mix in some canned too. If you do add any people food (fish and eggs - that's a good idea - they're high in protein, and the fish is good for the fur) make sure to mix it in well with the dog food to promote eating of both the goodies AND the kibble. That should encourage eating too.

If you are interested in looking for a new brand of dog food for him, I would recommend something that is high in protein (look for a range of 24-30% protein - if your dog has a greater activity level, go for the higher end of that range, if lesser, then pick a lower %), high in fat, and low in carbs. When it comes to dog food, usually if it's more expensive, then it really is a better quality dog food... so it depends on how much you're willing to spend too. Another thing that seems to be common with huskies however - and it may or may not be the case with your dog too - is they can get the runs quite easily, because they do tend to have sensitive digestive systems. So trial and error may have to come into play... find a food that agrees with your boy's stomach, first and foremost.

And don't worry too much about the finickiness, or you'll stress yourself out! lol  Your boy knows what he's doing, even if it aggravates you. Just feed him in smaller amounts too, that can help. (In fact, if you take a look at pictures of professional racing huskies, they're normally on the thin side. It's just natural for them.)

I highly recommend joining the Sibernet-L email discussion list, if you have any questions at all about living with a husky. It's full of owners with a wealth of experience concerning the breed that are more than willing to help. Smiley

http://www.sos-srf.org/SibernetL.html
KikiWolf

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2008, 01:39:50 pm »

wow thank you so much

yeah Kai does have a really sensitive stomach and i thought maybe i was doing something wrong but im so relieved to hear that's common. this week he's gone about 3 days without food which is the longest hes gone. do i start to worry or see if he carries this on?

luckily we have Eukanuba here and he has eaten them actually which is great and he has some other small bite biscuits. i will buy him expensive dog foods but obviously its not as common as some of the other brands i'll try. i never thought to try fish and eggs with his dog food. i wonder what he'd think...

thank you so much for the help and advice, its definitely put my mind at rest

xx
siberwolf

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2008, 01:26:07 am »

Quote from: KikiWolf;1372424
wow thank you so much

yeah Kai does have a really sensitive stomach and i thought maybe i was doing something wrong but im so relieved to hear that's common. this week he's gone about 3 days without food which is the longest hes gone. do i start to worry or see if he carries this on?

luckily we have Eukanuba here and he has eaten them actually which is great and he has some other small bite biscuits. i will buy him expensive dog foods but obviously its not as common as some of the other brands i'll try. i never thought to try fish and eggs with his dog food. i wonder what he'd think...

thank you so much for the help and advice, its definitely put my mind at rest

xx

Do you give him anything to eat between meals? Biscuits and treats, at all? If he eats those, then I wouldn't worry too much. I'd try not giving him any treats for a few days, and only offer him his regular dog food, at his scheduled feeding time. If he doesn't eat it, take it away. And try the next day (but remember, no treats between meals).

If you want to try encouraging him to eat his regular meals, yes I'd cut up some fish, eggs, or even cheese (my dogs loved cheese), but cut it up in small pieces so it mixes better with his kibble. Otherwise, he may just pick out the good stuff and leave the kibble altogether. Try mixing it with a little water and canned food too... see if he likes that.
KikiWolf

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2008, 01:01:48 pm »

hmmm well yesterday he had fish and eggs and i mixed some biscuits in and he ate it all nicely which is fab!

yeah on occasion he has food between meals but lately ive stopped that. he does seem to have gotten a bit of a better appetite but hes still playing around sometimes

yeah Kai adores cheese but i tried it sprinkled on his dinner once and he just licked it off...

xx
PenChris

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2008, 06:34:05 am »

These are beautiful, Thanks! I tried my hand a huskies, but yours look SO much better. Smiley
Zanthia86

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2008, 09:17:10 am »

Yay! Thank you i love huskies!
LPacker79

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2008, 07:26:11 pm »

Thank you so much! I've not had a single Sibe in my game ever because I just hated the way they looked.

My Poseidon is a white with blue eyes, and between 12-14 years of age (rescued 11 years ago). I've been on Sibernet-L for a little over 2 years now.

For food, he's on Orijen (42% protein, 16% fat) and is doing wonderfully on it. He looks great for an older gentleman, and people still mistake him for a youngster (when I tell people he's 12, they say "12 months?").

I'm so glad to see your wonderful creations, bravo!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: