Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 12:14:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's going to get the The Sims 3?  (Read 69392 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: March 06, 2009, 03:46:09 am »

Fiesty32 go to the booty site, it's all there and it's all free as it should be, no you are not breaking any law unlike the owners of that site.(tsr)
and yes to adopt a wait and see attitude would in my opinion be the only way to go.
to pre order the game and then find that in order to get custom content one has to aproach things such as tsr would be horific. and would ultimatly result in the end sites such as this, mod the sims, and half a hundred others that provided some of the most tallented modders and creators out there. to see future custom content and it's development handed on a plate to tsr. would be a tragedy for the game and for me the end of the sims.
Roxy2004

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 06, 2009, 04:40:08 am »

Feisty32, the booty has a forum.  You don't have to be a member to read about how TSR shares personal info, their influence in getting free sites closed, etc.  Just recently they had a hand in getting Reflex Forums closed.  Luckily the site is back now and called the Black Pearl.  Somewhere in the forum is a link to coconuts blog.  Very eye opening.  All of the info on the blog is backed by screenshots.

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: March 06, 2009, 07:41:48 am »

Better yet, so you don't have to search too hard in the thread, read for yourself what coconut has to say.  Though you may want to consider grabbing a few snacks and having a good read over at the phorum also.  Wink

Hanomaru
Lurky McLurkface

I'll just leave this here.

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 06, 2009, 11:34:55 am »

...Wow. Now that's a manure pile thar.

I guess it would make some people happy if I were to say I've never even visited TSR, and now I know it's run by stuck-up asshats with a world-domination bent. I'm seeing symptoms of psychopathy in Tom. Seriously.

"You're telling me that fifty million screaming friends are never wrong?
I'm telling you that fifty million screaming friends are $&@%ing morons."
James Euringer
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 06, 2009, 03:00:08 pm »

the only way to remove this cancer (tsr) from the sims scene is via ea games, and the only way that we can galvanise them into action is to make it clear in no uncertain terms that as long as there is an agreement,understanding, afiliation or anything between ea games and tsr then amongst a very large number of the sims comunity, 'the game aint gonna sell.'
it is also important that ea games begins to understand that in order to win back the trust of it's many customers that it's time to take legal action against tsr for gross violation of the present eula, running with the foxes and hunting with the hounds on this issue has been going on far to long and has led to the growth of a monster that will ultimatly lead to the end of the sims.
regardless of what the bean counters are telling ea headquarters, a very large number of the sims comunity will never pay for cutom content, and also a very large number of the sims comunity think that tsr is badly on the nose and will have no dealings with it whatever, no mater how much ea games and thomas try to dress it up for the comming release of the sims3.
the sooner that ea games begins to understand that and acts on it, the sooner we can all get back to normal and play and mod the sims again, and make ea games another squillion dollars.
Roxy2004

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 06, 2009, 04:22:57 pm »

Better yet, so you don't have to search too hard in the thread, read for yourself what coconut has to say.  Though you may want to consider grabbing a few snacks and having a good read over at the phorum also.  Wink

Thanks Tenshii~Akari.  Should never post on other forums after being on the BBS.  Takes a totally different mindset to survive on the BBS and not get warned or banned.  You have to tread so carefully there, so I tend to err on the side of caution when sending people to sites that others might find objectionable.  That thread is long, guess I forget since I'm up to date on it. Rock

Feisty32
« Reply #126 on: March 07, 2009, 05:19:35 am »

thanks guys i really do appreciate the advice it's really nice to know that my fellow simmers has each others back and kindly warning their fellow simmers. Grin

i won't renew my subscription when it's time to and right now i'm backing up my sims 2 files and such and i've been meaning to back those up for a couple of weeks. and i have read what coconut had to say and i'm a little bit skeptical about it but that is just my opinion anyways. Grin

and when the money left my hand it became his so there really is'nt much i can do . i'll wait and use my 12 month subscription until it's time to renew and then i might consider going to the booty and download some from there cause i'm not gonna get upset about tsr doing things that is'nt right my high blood pressure can't take it. Sad
ScottRobin
Venting CyberBug

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 07, 2009, 05:57:42 am »

I'm definitely not getting the sims 3.
It'll be raining jelly beans in Hades the day I let securom anywhere near my Computers.

I chose to walk the path less traveled...
Now where the hell am I?
Feisty32
« Reply #128 on: March 07, 2009, 06:04:18 am »

Robin i'm in total agreement with ya.

you could'nt hand me ts3  if it was for free.
ScottRobin
Venting CyberBug

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 07, 2009, 06:29:04 am »

And who knows what they where thinking when they sat down and said:
'Oh here's an idea, lets make a new sims game, but lets do it without Will Wright or even Maxis and better yet lets take custom content, the thing that makes this franchise so popular with so many people, and bash it to the dark side of the moon with a semi-detached gre.....'

I do apologize for that outburst ladies and gentlemen, it won't happen again.  Lips Sealed

Now where the hell am I?
Feisty32
« Reply #130 on: March 07, 2009, 06:52:12 am »

you don't have to apologize robin i know exactly how you feel. Grin
ScottRobin
Venting CyberBug

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 07, 2009, 06:56:09 am »

I just can't wait till Yahtzee gets set loose on the game to do his review,
should be good  Wink

Now where the hell am I?
Hanomaru
Lurky McLurkface

I'll just leave this here.

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 07, 2009, 09:20:15 pm »

'Oh here's an idea, lets make a new sims game, but lets do it without Will Wright or even Maxis...

Yeah, I was wondering where that lot got to. I wonder if they even care any more. I miss the ornery mop-top.

"You're telling me that fifty million screaming friends are never wrong?
I'm telling you that fifty million screaming friends are $&@%ing morons."
James Euringer
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: March 08, 2009, 03:29:53 am »

If I might be so bold to speak on this subject, I'll give you the perspective from two angles, a business angle, and a gamer's angle:

Business: For EA Games to even entertain the idea to have one universal medium for downloadable content for TS3 is not only fiscal suicide, but a quick way to make devoted users lose all trust they've built in well over 9 years since the 1st game. The sole reason why TS2 became a hit and is STILL a hit 5 years after the base game was released is because of one word, variety. There are thousands of message boards and sites (be they paysites or free) that offer user created content for the game. This brings a healthy median of users into the fold. When you find something cool on one site, it makes you seek out others. When you find something even cooler, but see you need a SP or EP to gain access to it, what do most people do? Go get the damn EP. I had the base game, Uni and NL for a good long time, but because I saw I wanted to be able to do more, I went and got the other EPs over time. Why? Because there was easily accessible and FREE content available for them. Now you take all of that and put it on one site where users have to subscribe to access the content, it creates a number of issues. Number 1, an issue of availability. Do you have any idea how large a site like that would have to be? Especially if it's the ONLY place you can access CC? Anyone who runs a site knows it costs money, hell...it costs money to run this site, and this is a "free" forum. EA might have deep pockets, but they ain't THAT deep. Number 2, convincing people it's worth it to subscribe. The very fact that you'd have to subscribe to access content would put 9 out of 10 people off from buying the game forth right. Number 3, Pirating. You know damn well that such a site is going to get pirated...HEAVILY. People will subscribe, horde much CC as they can, and make it accessible via PTP sharing or Torrents. And EA will never be able to keep up with the sheer volume, thus...they lose money. Like I said earlier, a fiscal nightmare.

Gamer: One of the main reason I play TS2 is the ability to create. To customize things to my liking, be they via Bodyshop, SimPE or the various hacks and mods available. The CC/Modding community of TS2 is pretty much the life blood of this whole thing. We all come together here because we enjoy the game AND sharing our creations. If EA limits what we can do, what we can share, and what we can create, what's the point even making the game? I use this analogy for all of my fellow car people, but that's like giving someone a spanking new 2009 Lancer EVO and saying you can only paint it white. Once you pay for the car, it's YOUR car. As long as you're not painting something stupid like a Swastika or a naked woman on it, you should be allowed to do to it whatever you want as long as it doesn't infringe on copyrights. Same goes for TS3. You by the game, you should be able to do with it what you want. They can (and should) provide a minimal creation tool such as Bodyshop with the game. Chances are some tech savy user will end up cracking the games code and making a Mod program for it anyway. But as far as creating and CC goes, there is NO WAY anyone should profit from it. If you wanna be a douche and put your stuff on a paysite, if you made it...go right ahead. And if it's EA own content, they can feel free to charge for it as well. But a vast majority of us share content free of charge. If that's what the people want, that's what they should get. Because we're the ones buy the game. Will the issue of CC distribution hurt the sales on the game? Hell yea. Because CC IS the game. It's the driving force behind the entire series. Take that away from users, or at the very least make them have to pay to access it, and you're killing your own progress.

ScottRobin
Venting CyberBug

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 08, 2009, 05:32:57 am »

Wow, a long post there kaoz666, possibly constitutes a rant... but a dam good rant!
I totally agree with you.
Maybe I will get the game after all, once that tech savy user cracks the game code and makes that Mod program, and who knows, maybe someone can get rid of securom too. *fingers crossed*

I was wondering where that lot got to. I wonder if they even care any more.
They where off making Spore Hanomaru, and I'm afraid whether or not they care anymore is irrelevant, since EA Games owns the Sims and can *unsuitable dialog* it with a *technical difficulties* till it *censored content* as much as they like.  Embarrassed

Now where the hell am I?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17
  Print  

Jump to: