Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 09:36:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's going to get the The Sims 3?  (Read 69399 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
sharkloverplaye

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2009, 10:17:40 pm »

I am.I've already preorded it at my local gamestop.I can hardly wait.I sure hope it doesn't get delayed at the last minute.

Apartment Life is the best sims 2 expansion pack ever
Nemesis

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2009, 04:46:17 pm »

I'm getting it. It's supposed to come out 20th of february here in Norway....(I migt be wrong) that's the latest news at least.

I aim to misbehave
Grig 32

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2009, 09:35:09 pm »

As I waited for TS2 and TS1 - I only get sims games AFTER two (minimum) expansion packs. Once those are made, the fanbase is stable with articles on modding and faqs THEN I geek out Wink
missaaliyah

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 19, 2009, 06:33:07 am »

I am going to get it ASAP!  I cant wait its literally about a month away from release.
plastikjess

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 19, 2009, 09:17:18 am »

I want it, but i'm scared I will play it more than actually attend class.  Undecided I already struggle with balancing TS2 and homework!
Feisty32
« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2009, 09:51:44 am »

i know i won't be getting it i am way to terrified of securom destroying my computer thanks to EA Games. so i'm staying with ts2. Cry
Cajak

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 19, 2009, 12:56:22 pm »

I really don't know: I spent a lot of money in EPs and SPs and the fact that I have to restart buying everything again terrifies me. I assume I'll just wait for a while, as The Sims 2 still amuses me a lot, and when a few Eps will be published, I'll probably give it a go. Grin
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: January 19, 2009, 01:28:01 pm »

I don't really know...

first of all, I sort of like the sims2 style better. Not all of it - but some. I might change my opinion when the game comes out, or if they come up with some entirely new EP's for it - but we'll see...
graphics looks somewhat better in 3 - but with CC from 2, it's not a great deal... besides - I like the play style of 2. Seamless neighborhoods might be fun - but I do like to have control over the simmies ages and such, since I'm mostly doing storytelling with my own stories, and sims as "actors".

second - even though it seems like I don't have securom problems (though I'm not really sure), I don't know whether or not that will change when I finally get a new computer. And as most of us know - sims3 will most likely have that #/%&#%¤ thing on it...

third - my wallet says no... (I might choose not to listen to it, though...)

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 19, 2009, 02:08:27 pm »

I am firmly against ever buying it. I've already removed the SecuRom from my computer, and my drive finally works again, and I'm quite partial to my expensive computer working now. Thanks No CD patches, which I shouldn't have to use anyway since I legally purchased the game ...  rolleyes

Plus, everything I've read about Sims 3, it sounds just the same as Sims 2, so I'll just keep playing those ones after spending years buying every expansion and stuff pack, and having 11,000+ custom things for it.

Yes, it will be a little disappointing to have been playing since Sims 1 first came out, with every expansion for 1, then Sims 2, and every expansion for that, and not having Sims 3 ... but hey, EA screwed that one up all by themselves.

My other ride is a chocobo.
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 19, 2009, 02:42:10 pm »

I can hardly wait I upgraded and bought a new computer for it. Grin Im really excited but ill probally play the sims 2 a bit longer until some decent expansions come out of which im hoping will inlcude farms and horses.
Feisty32
« Reply #85 on: January 20, 2009, 01:18:52 am »

I am firmly against ever buying it. I've already removed the SecuRom from my computer, and my drive finally works again, and I'm quite partial to my expensive computer working now. Thanks No CD patches, which I shouldn't have to use anyway since I legally purchased the game ...  rolleyes

Plus, everything I've read about Sims 3, it sounds just the same as Sims 2, so I'll just keep playing those ones after spending years buying every expansion and stuff pack, and having 11,000+ custom things for it.

Yes, it will be a little disappointing to have been playing since Sims 1 first came out, with every expansion for 1, then Sims 2, and every expansion for that, and not having Sims 3 ... but hey, EA screwed that one up all by themselves.

i totally agree with you naria. Grin
cwf1701

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 23, 2009, 10:54:34 am »

Myself, i got a new computer, but i might wait and see if a version without Securom comes out for OSX. if the Mac version doesn't have Securom, then i will support the Mac Version, even if i have to wait 6 months for expansion packs.
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2009, 01:48:20 pm »

Im trying to stay away from the sims 3 buzz, its making the wait seem really long. tongue
tweeter

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 26, 2009, 02:49:47 pm »

Not for me, I'm afraid.  I can barely run Sims 2 with all the CC I've got; I'm pretty sure my computer won't run Sims 3 and I'm not at liberty to upgrade the thing just yet.  Besides, I think there's still life left in Sims 2.

"Strange is just a different point of view"
Stelio Kontos
Resident Reptilian
Loot Looker

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2009, 08:11:51 pm »

I'll wait and see the reviews and general early comments from people here who got it before I make my final decision.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17
  Print  

Jump to: