Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 07:07:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's going to get the The Sims 3?  (Read 69385 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Blackat

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2009, 09:06:48 am »

Well my computer is just a few months old so I would probably be able to run TS3 but I don't think I'll be running out to get it right away. I've spent too much money on TS2 to just give it up. Its not like buying a $50 game and then a couple of years later spending another $50 on the next version.
The Sims2 and all its expansions & stuff packs  is no little investment. Its been a while but I'm thinking that the base game was 40 or 50. The expansions have all been about 30 and the Stuff packs 20. That is upwards of $500 for the whole shebang and that's not even adding in any CC subscription sites that a player may or may not have purchased.

Wow.. now I wish I hadn't thought that through. I can't believe I've spent that much on a computer game. Grin

As someone else noted, there really doesn't seem to be the same amount of upgrade that we got when we moved from TS1 to TS2. I'm just not sure it would be worth it.

I do like the way you can change the color/fabric of the furniture & stuff though. I wish they would add something like to that TS2. I could easily be suckered into buying another TS2 expansion pack that added something like that.
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2009, 01:47:21 pm »

I wouldnt be so mad about the delayed release date if they would bring out nother expansion for sims 2. or at least another "stories" one, im wondering what happened to that? im suprised that hasnt been milked for all its worth.lol.
vanessa

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 29, 2009, 10:50:00 am »

I preordered it.Can't wayt!

Life is  just a game and we are the sims.

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=22717
suanni

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 31, 2009, 04:01:02 pm »

Going to wait and see. I haven't played TS2 enough.
Anyway going on screen shots means nothing. There were wonderful screenshots for TS2 and the screenshots were nowhere near what the true content were.
Not too keen on the appearance of the sims in TS3 and from what I've read on possible custom content means its a definate case of 'wait and see'.
Renette

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 02, 2009, 08:26:45 am »

I'm still thinking - for a couple of reasons. The main reasons being - I don't want all the bugs that comes with a new game, and I need to increase my RAM. My pc runs on 1Gig (which is the system requirement for Sims 3), but I want to get another gig, so until I do that, it is a no-no. I do have plenty space on my two hard drives, lol, so that is not an issue.

For now, I am perfectly happy with my Sims2 collection. Don't have much time for playing right now either, so I guess I will wait and see feedback from those who are getting it right away. The open neighbourhood does fascinate me, as does a few other "selling points" but the proof is always in the pudding!
zaphod08

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 02, 2009, 05:08:45 pm »

I've got it on preorder, but I doubt I'll give up on Sims 2 any time soon.
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 16, 2009, 06:27:51 am »

i highly doubt it, there are some very serious issues comming to light in regard to sims3, check out the forums  at sins2 comunity, showdown and reclaim your game  for starters and if that dose'nt send a shiver up your spines check out "securom and sims3" and see what they are throwing around at the moment. those of you who pre-ordered the game would do well to contact ea games and get them to put in writing just exactly what drm or rootkit aplications will be included in the game.
skid

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 16, 2009, 01:51:28 pm »

Edited.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 12:47:11 am by skid » Logged
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 18, 2009, 12:43:11 am »

My computer doesn't crash from SecuROM.
i do'nt recall anyone's computer crashing, but it does disable optical drives and usb drives thereby rendering the pc. useless
LVishere

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 18, 2009, 10:40:26 pm »

Not for me, I'm afraid.  I can barely run Sims 2 with all the CC I've got; I'm pretty sure my computer won't run Sims 3 and I'm not at liberty to upgrade the thing just yet.  Besides, I think there's still life left in Sims 2.

LOL. I hear ya!

I'm going to wait. But when I do get the game, I'm going to save all of my lots, sims, and downloads for The Sims 2, in case I want to go back!
Hanomaru
Lurky McLurkface

I'll just leave this here.

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 18, 2009, 11:16:39 pm »

I'm definitely getting it. My computer can manage it, even if they do end up keeping SecuROM in it (One of the Creator Camp vids showed Ben Bell using a comp that I didn't buy because I didn't think it'd be able to run TS3!). Bugs? Disappointing and frustrating, yes, but only as much so as their namesakes, and knowing EA, a patch will be out before I notice most of them.

Plus, there's stuff in it that I was wishing for when I was playing TS1 eight years ago. Yes, sure, fine, people don't like the way the Sims look now. But frankly, I thought the Sims in TS2 were hideous when I started it. And out of all the things that have gone into this game - Traits, Moodlets, awesome-looking com lots, seamless 'hood, increased individuality - I don't see that mattering too much after a while. I want to be one of the first to try and figure out how to crack open the CC. I'll miss my Sims from 2, but I promise I'll visit them every once in a while.

Plus, all the people in here saying they'll wait and see need something to go on, don't they? Wink

"You're telling me that fifty million screaming friends are never wrong?
I'm telling you that fifty million screaming friends are $&@%ing morons."
James Euringer
~Iris~

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 22, 2009, 02:22:07 pm »

I was considering not getting it last year, but that's when I thought that I'd have something better to do with my life by now.  No such luck Sad.  Oh well, it's still a cool game.  Kind of curious to see how evil and cowardly I can make my poor sims Grin.

I can grow eggs, steaks, fish and books...but I can't make V8?

My custom sim is Egyptian royalty...the Adventure said so!
Thrior

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 22, 2009, 07:59:26 pm »

Maybe. I'm in no hurry though. I'll wait so I can see the reviews and read comments from the actual players. My overall interest towards the sims has also decreased so I'm not sure if I bother to start all over again with a new Sims game. We'll see. 
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 08:22:42 pm by Thrior » Logged

sannysims40

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 23, 2009, 02:47:41 am »

Hi fellow simmers! I agree with MaryH and all of the rest who are just waiting to see what the glitches, kinks and bugs are in the game.  I have been simming since I had a chance to play the sims 1 on xbox (I know it was a long time ago.) Anyway, I have seen the sims3 website and was blown away by the graphics, the contiuous neighborhood, the sims being able to go to the hospital to give birth, along with other tidbits.  One of the things that angers  angry me about Maxis is that, too me anyway, that it seems that when they came out with the sims 2 for xbox according to gamers that played it the game was a total floop.  I think Maxis was not only trying to beat a deadline but, understandably, make money.  Hence the fact I SO want to get the sims 3 but I am a little hesitate since they fowled up the sims 2 for xbox and money is so tight these days.  If everyone would let me, as well as other simmers,  if this game is even worth the time and money please let us know.  If anyone knows if there is going to be a mod sims3 site or any site that will mod for the sims 3 let us know that too.  Many, many thanks.  P.S. by the way everyone here rocks!!!!  Rock
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 24, 2009, 05:27:13 pm »

Hi fellow simmers! I agree with MaryH and all of the rest who are just waiting to see what the glitches, kinks and bugs are in the game.  I have been simming since I had a chance to play the sims 1 on xbox (I know it was a long time ago.) Anyway, I have seen the sims3 website and was blown away by the graphics, the contiuous neighborhood, the sims being able to go to the hospital to give birth, along with other tidbits.  One of the things that angers  angry me about Maxis is that, too me anyway, that it seems that when they came out with the sims 2 for xbox according to gamers that played it the game was a total floop.  I think Maxis was not only trying to beat a deadline but, understandably, make money.  Hence the fact I SO want to get the sims 3 but I am a little hesitate since they fowled up the sims 2 for xbox and money is so tight these days.  If everyone would let me, as well as other simmers,  if this game is even worth the time and money please let us know.  If anyone knows if there is going to be a mod sims3 site or any site that will mod for the sims 3 let us know that too.  Many, many thanks.  P.S. by the way everyone here rocks!!!!  Rock
unfortunatly maxis got eaten by ea games a long time ago, nowdays it's ea games/sony. hence the bone of contention, once that little partnership came about there has been nothing but trouble with their software, their games are good, i love the sims, but it's the sneaky little inclusions that have put me of, just read the bogs on spore for starters, if i ever get the sims3, which i highly doubt, it will be after a considerable time, once all the bugs have been fixed, custom content is available, and after the outcome of the many class action cases against ea games have been resolved and they are open and honest about the drm, inclusions, untill then i don't touch anything by ea games/sony. my pc cost me far to much.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17
  Print  

Jump to: