Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:08:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's going to get the The Sims 3?  (Read 69381 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
geezy33

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 26, 2009, 10:12:19 pm »

I love the sims, I'm still getting the sims 3.

Sorry no requests,I'm a townie maker and Maxis killer on maxis sims.
Welcome to Geezysims2:lurk:
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 27, 2009, 06:11:35 am »

so do i. enjoyed sims1, love sims2, but i'm not about to damage a 3000 dollar pc with their malware unless i know 100 percent what's included with their programs, any hint of securom or anything else that will disable or interfere with any of my aplicatione or hardware and no more sims, simple as that.as it is now i don't buy anything from ea games or sony, not unless they print in bold letters on the case what rootkit aplications and drm is included and how it will affect my pc.
it's a bit like buying a can of beans, one as a consumer has a right to know all that is included in that can and here in australia it is the law, full content disclosure, so as a consumer one should have the right to know all that is included in software.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 06:37:09 am by roerzman » Logged
geezy33

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 27, 2009, 10:27:48 pm »

man, I can't wait till june, that is my Bday month Rock, look out sims 3, here comes Geezysims

Sorry no requests,I'm a townie maker and Maxis killer on maxis sims.
Welcome to Geezysims2:lurk:
sannysims40

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 28, 2009, 01:20:20 am »

You all rock!  Rock I have no idea what a socrum (spelling) is?  I too am in the process of getting my comp repaired because the friggin' power source keeps going out.  I was at Best Buy today and saw that they had the cases for the Sims3 out but it said "for reserve only....game not included" to which it also instructed the would-be buyer on how to put this game on hold when it does arrive at the store.  I talk to a gentleman at GameStop and he told me that it would indeed be out by June 2009.  I really want this game but I think I will be patient and wait a good 3 months or so for custom content, modding and yes, CHEATS (let's face it I do some PRETTY mean things to my sims and I couldn't survive without the cheats and modded stuff) tongue!  Sorry all I am computer illiterate when it comes to modding and would so love to learn (personally I like to draw with pen/pencil and paper but am considering graphics as my major).  Anyways, if you all hear of any tidbits that would be of interest to myself and anyone else here in this wonderful forum let us know.  As always, many, many thanks.  Cheesy
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 28, 2009, 06:18:16 am »

securom is a rootkit aplication that installs itself without your knowlege, just like a virus, as long as you don't have nero burning, nortons antivirus, dvd shrink or try to coppy the disc either to a ac/dvd, or usb device you won't have any issues, however if it decides that you are trying to coppy their software it will disable your optical drive and in a lot of cases your usb ports thereby rendering your pc. useless, it's then a case of removing your hard drive , throwing it in the bin and starting all over. lovely isn't it?
incidently, microsoft is now involved in the securom scandal, they are asking the question, "what right do they have disabling usb drives, it's a legit. windows aplication" the lame reply at the moment is "that it can be used to transfer our data to an external storage device" i can see a huge s__t fight between microsoft and ea gamses/sony on the horizon, for those who don't know securom is a sony inovation it was tryed years ago with their audio discs and resulted in a massive court case which they lost. they don't give up do they?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 07:03:54 am by roerzman » Logged
sannysims40

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 03, 2009, 03:29:10 am »

thanks for the heads up about securom.  I will proably wait and see what the feedback will be after other gamers have played the sims 3 before I buy it cry2  have to buy a gaming comp so I can at least play my sims 2 game (my old ones power source keeps shorting out  Explode hence a lot better to get a new comp then putting more $ into this one). Oh well.  Many, many thanks all. I will keep checking back to see if there is any new about the sims 3.  Rock on!!!!  Rock  Rocker
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 03, 2009, 08:05:46 pm »

unfortunatly there worse things out there than securom, as we speak TSR. is doing whatever it can to be the sole distributer of custom content for sims3. securom i can live with, but it will be a cold day in hell before i lower myself and subscribe to a site such as TSR.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 04, 2009, 09:54:34 pm »

What is even worse than Securom (though that is a pretty awful thing), is the near unanimous thinking that the Sims 3 will be nearly unmoddable by most modders or creators.
Most of the professional modders are in agreement that if they were to be able to mod the game, EA should release some tools to do so with-however, EA has given out signals that they have no intention of doing this, and the game goes out without any creative tools whatsoever.
Thus SimPE, the Insimenator, and other very well-known modding tools will not be useable nor available for this game. BodyShop might be a possibility, but don't hold your breath. EA wants total complete control of the creation aspect of this game, and they're willing to partner with TSR to do it with.
Kind of like holding the pixels hostage for money.
In short, EA  has learned the lesson that they badly underestimated the money end of the creation process, and they're going to profit from it now-in spades. TSR and the Sims Store are going to be the only places that you can download content, for a price, of course..and with some very dubious quality.

I'm willing to bet my bottom dollar that every single word I've just written will be borne out in the next few months, and with the release. I expect howls of rage and great frustration when players realize they've been sold a bill of goods.

roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 05, 2009, 04:18:58 am »

with the ever worsening global economy ea games should consider just how much more people are willing to spend after purchasing the game, this will have a significant impact on future sales, ie. expansion packs, if mods that will make the game playable according to individual tastes require an endless outlay of cash, then quite frankly the game will die out.
if ea games enters into an arangement with thomas o isacsson and tsr then they will have misread the mood of a large number of the sims comunity, and more than likely find a sims3 repetition of the spore debacle with a large number of players opting for a torrent download of the game rather then have to deal with the likes of tsr.and their adult content policy.
the ball is now very much in ea games court and they have a chance to choose in which which direction the modding goes.
i have never nor will i ever subscribe to a pay site, and if ea games chooses to treat custom content in the same vain as add on packs via tsr 'yuck' then i will more than likely join the millions of others who have been driven into the shadowy world of pirated software brought on largely by game developers stupidity.
ah. and if the above sounds like i am anti tsr, your'e dead right, i have disliked that den of thieves ever since their campaign to shut down mod the sims2 via paypall.remember that one?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 04:28:40 am by roerzman » Logged
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 05, 2009, 08:24:39 am »

Well hopefully the sims 2 and its very talented creators wont die out. I expect the sims 3 will, I for one will defianlty shelve the game afte the intiial novelty if there is no CC allowed.
Feisty32
« Reply #115 on: March 05, 2009, 08:39:02 pm »

that will suck if they don't allow cc and as much as i am against pay sites and all TSR is the only site i am subscribed to cause some of my favorite creators make beautiful stuff enough for me to subscribe to but i will always remain true to free sites i download from the free section there as well and at any rate i don't just download from anyone on there i download from my favorite cc creators only.Grin

everything i have downloaded thus far looks absolutely gorgeous in my game so i'm satisfied. Grin

however i hate it when they put files in the free section but the meshes you need for the files to show up in your game are for subscribers only in my opinion those meshes should be made for free for everyone to download cause not alot of people can get a subscription and i feel bad for those who can't get the meshes for a certain file. other then that i have no problem with TSR.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 09:25:10 pm by Feisty32 » Logged
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 05, 2009, 09:32:32 pm »

supporting that site will ultimately change how we play the game, of all the paysites this one is by far the worst (just read the various blogs) and has more potential to damage the game than any amount of securom or drm. that gaming companies throw at us.
one has to admire your conviction Feisty32 in maintaining your loyalty to your favorite creators, but you should keep in mind the great majority of the money that you spend there goes to the site and not the creators. without entering into a huge s__t fight about them, they have over the years used some of the lowest tactics imaginable inorder to shut other sites or get them to join tsr.
by downloading from various booty sites you are doing far more harm to the site rather than the individual artist.
the more revenue they loose the les they have to bribe,influence or buy out so called competition. (yes those are some of the tactics they use)
Feisty32
« Reply #117 on: March 05, 2009, 09:46:17 pm »

i do agree with you roerzman and well said and thanks for the info. Grin Hug2

i never knew all of what you mentioned just a few bits and pieces here and there. Cheesy

i have a 12 month subscription there and when it comes time to renew it i probably won't renew it after it's up. i really love to download victorian style furniture that is of good quality and i like to build fancy looking houses as well  it's really hard to find good quality furniture and build mode items. Grin Cheesy

but i will keep what you said in mind roerzman and thank you so much

« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 10:00:39 pm by Feisty32 » Logged
sannysims40

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 05, 2009, 10:04:58 pm »

supporting that site will ultimately change how we play the game, of all the paysites this one is by far the worst (just read the various blogs) and has more potential to damage the game than any amount of securom or drm. that gaming companies throw at us.
one has to admire your conviction Feisty32 in maintaining your loyalty to your favorite creators, but you should keep in mind the great majority of the money that you spend there goes to the site and not the creators. without entering into a huge s__t fight about them, they have over the years used some of the lowest tactics imaginable inorder to shut other sites or get them to join tsr.
by downloading from various booty sites you are doing far more harm to the site rather than the individual artist.
the more revenue they loose the les they have to bribe,influence or buy out so called competition. (yes those are some of the tactics they use)
Razorzman, simpleprincess & others, I had to reply to you responses and I am becoming more and more convinced that I may not buy the sims 3 game.  I heard via game informer (the magazine) that ea games was in trouble for not paying overtime pay to thier creators but after reading Razorzman's thoughts on the TSR I don't know if I want to continue to give EA, EASony (aka Buttheads, Inc.  Evil...trying to be nice since there maybe kids in this forum...lol) my money. But like I said before I will wait a good couple of months...who knows maybe a year....before I give EA/Sony aka Buttheads, Inc. my money.  I welcome your thoughts.  Many, many thanks.  Rock
Feisty32
« Reply #119 on: March 05, 2009, 10:14:55 pm »

Sannysims40 i think your making a very wise and smart decision and i love that decision. Grin Hug2
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17
  Print  

Jump to: