Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 06:25:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's going to get the The Sims 3?  (Read 70072 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Feisty32
« Reply #150 on: March 10, 2009, 09:32:08 am »

robin not only did you just nailed it on the head but told the truth as well nicely said and i could'nt agree with you more. Grin
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: March 10, 2009, 12:17:06 pm »

Reply#150 by Robin is now officially the greatest post EVAR, LMAO! But I couldn't possibly agree more. When you hear EA PR People talk about "They've been listening to what the fans on the internet want in the next game", You're left to wonder what message boards are they tapping for their info? Oh wait, the ones that whore out to EA, how could I not realize that?  rolleyes

MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 10, 2009, 03:37:05 pm »

They've been listening to the voices in their heads. That's their message board, and that one of the board of directors for EA.
Pretty blunt, it's about the money. "How can we squeeze out more money for this dying genre before it completely destroys itself? Put out another one!"
They didn't ask us about what we wanted in a game-they did it for the money. They just don't give a damn what we want. They want us to buy what they want us to play.
This is the perfect chance to make them eat dirt by not buying it at all.
It's not called a boycott-it's called "consumer discretion". If you like a product, you should be able to buy it without having problems using it.
That goes for every single consumer product in the world, from time immemorial. The first pottery basket had to be good or nobody would  have bought it.
In the real world, (not in EA land) products die every day on the shelf for lack of customer interest. The companies that make them either change them or dump them and call it a loss-and learn how to make something better.
There's no law that says that you have to accept shoddy goods from anyone-and EA should learn this lesson soon, if not now.
Spore was the first salvo, but probably not the last.

ScottRobin
Venting CyberBug

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 11, 2009, 02:11:56 am »

Why thank you Feisty and kaoz, any way I can oblige  Smiley

I chose to walk the path less traveled...
Now where the hell am I?
Feisty32
« Reply #154 on: March 11, 2009, 03:15:11 am »

Reply#150 by Robin is now officially the greatest post EVAR, LMAO! But I couldn't possibly agree more. When you hear EA PR People talk about "They've been listening to what the fans on the internet want in the next game", You're left to wonder what message boards are they tapping for their info? Oh wait, the ones that whore out to EA, how could I not realize that?  rolleyes

yep post #150 by robin is truly the best post of all time it's just legendary. Grin Okay Cheerleader Praise YAY

and i'd like to tell EA keep that evil piece of garbage of a game away from computer. angry Cry
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 11, 2009, 04:19:30 am »

Yups go robin! you rock!!!. Rock
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: March 11, 2009, 06:00:36 am »

Mary made a valid point as well, I especially like the reference to Spore used. MAN was that game a freaking let down. And what pisses me off more is that Gamestop doesn't take trade-ins for PC games, otherwise I would have traded it in months ago. It's a prime example of EA forcing something down our gullets that they assume we'll like because it's from "The Creators of The Sims." Accept TS1 & 2 didn't have broken, boring, mundane gameplay. Now I'm not saying TS3 will be that bad, but it sure as hell isn't going to be what TS2 became, not unless they either overhaul what they're initially planning on shipping in June (fat chance of that happening) or allow people to make their own modifications to the game via CC and game mods, thus making what crap they put out better. Make no bones about it, The Sims 2 was a landmark game not just because of what the game offered out of the box, but because the users could tailor make the game exactly how they want. That's why it's called "The Sims"...Simulated life. No two people perceives the concept the same way, and no two people play the game the same way.

Feisty32
« Reply #157 on: March 11, 2009, 09:32:09 am »

gotta agree with ya kaoz666. Grin
ScottRobin
Venting CyberBug

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 12, 2009, 05:15:29 am »

TeeHee, head banging smiley!  Grin

Speaking of spore...
I have just sent kaoz a link to a funny review of Spore.
I can't post it here due to 'Course Language' and 'Adult Themes',
But If any one else wants it just pm me.

I chose to walk the path less traveled...
Now where the hell am I?
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 13, 2009, 05:59:34 pm »

The debate is getting realy healthy now so i'll fan the flames a bit more if i may.

Ea games are not as dumb as we like to think they are, they are well aware of the huge number of people who subscribe to paysites, and are probably thinking that this is something they can cash in on.

The fact that service pack2 for xp or service pack1 for vista are required tells me the game will be run via windows live. This could be just to activate the game as in Quantum Of Solace or used for an activation cycle.

Activation cycle means no unauthorised mods/hacks or custom content installation, and obviously no hacking the game in order to do so.

No doubt ea games have done their sums and agreed that the combination of people who are willing to pay for custom content plus those who are happy to play the game without custom content probably makes it worth releasing the game with all the restrictions included.

They are probably aware that a huge number of people will not buy the game for the above reasons, but obviously feel they can make up for the loss by selling custom content.

Any thoughts?
Feisty32
« Reply #160 on: March 14, 2009, 04:03:02 am »

well roerzman you pretty much just summed it up there and was nicely said and i completely agree with you 250%. Grin
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 14, 2009, 07:00:17 am »

I agree with your assessment, roerzman-but with one little addition: EA has badly under-estimated the number of people who will not buy the game for any number of reasons. Their accounting is going to be off by several million when it comes time to add it all up.

For every one person who does want the game, there is one person who will not get it. More and more people are getting clued into the paysites scam, and are going to various other venues to get CC. As time goes on, there will be fewer people willing to pay for CC than there are now.

As a member of a forum dedicated to helping others rid their systems of Securom, I feel it is our duty to warn others of the problems in the game and help them rid their systems of the program that is responsible for a lot of grief for gamers. As an addition, I also inform them of the free sites availability.

I have never paid for one download in my entire Sims life, nor will I. I don't see the need for others to pay for it, and do not like the scam that is being perpetrated by EA and other sites that demand money for pixels.

It is a game, after all-not a washing machine. EA has a huge streak of greed that is being emulated by TSR and others-and they're being enabled to do so by EA's reluctance to back up their EULA in entirety.

The latest post by Maxoid Drea, (whether or not she was officially told to post it) gives a clue as to EA's wishy-washiness on the entire debate.
They just want to have their cake and eat it too. All at the expense of people who sometimes cannot afford their greed.

Feisty32
« Reply #162 on: March 14, 2009, 07:46:38 am »

MaryH i really do enjoy reading your posts. Grin Cheesy
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 14, 2009, 05:08:00 pm »

Right you are MaryH. Spore, around 1.5 million pirate downloads mostly out of spite over securom. Yes they certainly under-estimate the public.
DsmBear

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 14, 2009, 09:37:49 pm »

Well, I call the EA help desk so much lately, they know me on a first name basis! Tease

Okay, but seriously ...one of the EA customer support team members told me that Sims 3 has now been pushed back until August, 09!1headwall

Actually, I'm kinda relieved since I just now started playing the game on my own computer! Undecided

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17
  Print  

Jump to: