Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 04:25:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's going to get the The Sims 3?  (Read 69406 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 14, 2009, 11:34:09 pm »

You gotta be kidding me! August? Oh, aren't the sheeple gonna go ballistic on that! I'm gonna duck into the nearest cave for that announcement.
When did they say they were going to announce this latest delay? June 2, or July 1?

Feisty32
« Reply #166 on: March 15, 2009, 12:46:46 am »

man alive my heart goes out to each and everyone of my fellow simmers who preordered and has been excited for that game. Cry Sad

boy at this point i think almost everyone will need to duck into the nearest cave for EAxis jackassory decision cause it's gonna be a real gripefest when it comes out lol. shocked
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 01:02:57 am by Feisty32 » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 15, 2009, 03:24:18 am »

I dunno, gripefest? I'm personally thinking that if this is true, it's time to break out the Mariachi band.
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 15, 2009, 03:49:43 am »

Yeaha, we have an August, any takers for November or December? Ya never know, the bums could be rewriting the thing, to many bad vibes, to many dollars that could disappear, to many heads on the block for another spore shambles.
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 15, 2009, 04:19:12 am »

Like I said before id be happy to wait till xmas if it meant completely rechanging those cartoony awful like sims. The rest imhappy with with just the sims are really bad.lol.maybe they have been finally reading our comments? lol. Cheesy
Feisty32
« Reply #170 on: March 15, 2009, 04:27:23 am »

I dunno, gripefest? I'm personally thinking that if this is true, it's time to break out the Mariachi band.

haha mariachi band that's a good idea i love it. Cheesy Grin
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 15, 2009, 11:39:42 pm »

Ha! Reading all these comments I can safely say that it will be a cold day in hell before I let securROM anywhere (even still in the box!) near my computer and that TS3 is most defiantly out of the question for mah rolleyes I was thinking about getting it because I had thought since EA Games was pushing the date to June that perhaps they were re-writting the game and getting rid of the major bugs that all there games in the franchise has had, but no perhaps not perhaps what they are really doing it making the game even more worse and un-realistic or even worse maybe there considering putting some other dangerous software in it, to f__k our PC's up in even worse, It truly sends a shiver up my spine just thinking about what those crooks are scheming to do next, but allow me to retort and fan the flames even more do you really THINK that we the community, there economy would give EA one red cent after 2005 after the base game was released if they didn't allow CC? Hell No we would not, or I would not for that matter WE are what drives this franchise and makes them THERE money so they should take into account how WE the customers feel about there scandolous activites and they had damn well hope they allow CC and make it FREE or there going to see some very pissed off people knocking at there doors, sorry to rant and rave but I think if we spend money on this franchise we should be able to do with the game what we want and not what they restrict us to..thanks for letting me vent Cheesy
VennDiagram
Champagne

I Love Feeling Loved

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 16, 2009, 12:24:49 am »

Ha! Reading all these comments I can safely say that it will be a cold day in hell before I let securROM anywhere (even still in the box!) near my computer and that TS3 is most defiantly out of the question for mah rolleyes I was thinking about getting it because I had thought since EA Games was pushing the date to June that perhaps they were re-writting the game and getting rid of the major bugs that all there games in the franchise has had, but no perhaps not perhaps what they are really doing it making the game even more worse and un-realistic or even worse maybe there considering putting some other dangerous software in it, to f__k our PC's up in even worse, It truly sends a shiver up my spine just thinking about what those crooks are scheming to do next, but allow me to retort and fan the flames even more do you really THINK that we the community, there economy would give EA one red cent after 2005 after the base game was released if they didn't allow CC? Hell No we would not, or I would not for that matter WE are what drives this franchise and makes them THERE money so they should take into account how WE the customers feel about there scandolous activites and they had damn well hope they allow CC and make it FREE or there going to see some very pissed off people knocking at there doors, sorry to rant and rave but I think if we spend money on this franchise we should be able to do with the game what we want and not what they restrict us to..thanks for letting me vent Cheesy

Preach!
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 16, 2009, 12:27:10 am »

Oh I will, I will! Cheesy I am not the type of person to just sit back and not say anything when I feel its my right to speak my peace in a shady situation such as this. . .
Feisty32
« Reply #174 on: March 16, 2009, 07:10:28 am »

you go girl i like the way you think SimGirl20. Grin Cheesy
Gisela

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 16, 2009, 02:59:59 pm »

i deffinetly will... this way i have 2 sims to play with lol... tht way when i get bored of one i have the other...
y i dont get is y they are making it longer to release it... such a shame, we cud already have it... Cry
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 18, 2009, 12:18:42 am »

Thanks Feisty32 Cheesy
Feisty32
« Reply #177 on: March 18, 2009, 07:12:18 am »

no problem simgirl20. Grin
VampyrMuffinMan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: March 18, 2009, 10:10:07 am »

The debate is getting realy healthy now so i'll fan the flames a bit more if i may.

Ea games are not as dumb as we like to think they are, they are well aware of the huge number of people who subscribe to paysites, and are probably thinking that this is something they can cash in on.

The fact that service pack2 for xp or service pack1 for vista are required tells me the game will be run via windows live. This could be just to activate the game as in Quantum Of Solace or used for an activation cycle.

Activation cycle means no unauthorised mods/hacks or custom content installation, and obviously no hacking the game in order to do so.

No doubt ea games have done their sums and agreed that the combination of people who are willing to pay for custom content plus those who are happy to play the game without custom content probably makes it worth releasing the game with all the restrictions included.

They are probably aware that a huge number of people will not buy the game for the above reasons, but obviously feel they can make up for the loss by selling custom content.

Any thoughts?

If they were smart, then they should realize that it was REALLY a bad idea to delay the release...  Now way more people are going to find out about all the crap they are trying to pull in order to make more money.  I mean, first, they want to limit the number of times you can install it.  Akin to saying that at 100,000 miles, your car will no longer run, even if there is nothing wrong with it.  Also, they want to make sure that you can't change certain things in the game (CC).  Akin to saying you can only put OEM tires on your car, no matter that you live in Mn and want snow tires in the winter.  I already knew that EAxis was planning on selling additional content through their store...which is fine.  But, they need to make sure that there is no competition because their content sucks.  That's fine, too.  But *I* am not going to pay a cent for content.  Nor am I going to buy a game that has a limited lifespan.  And there is absolutely *NO WAY IN HELL* that I'm going to put a game on my computer that needs to communicate over the internet while I'm playing in order to function.  Call me paranoid...  Now, if they had something like a Sims-based MMORPG thingy, then, yeah, but that's not what they're doing, is it.  [is that many commas in a sentence legal?]  So, Sims 3, no unless it isn't what it looks like.  Sims 4 if it's MMOSims or not by user preference.  Custom content is what makes the game so damned good, so that needs to stay in order for me to want it at all, unless they add some adventure to it.  Maybe era specific simming?

Check out my HubPages for useful computer tutorials.  [link under wolfie]
EmoRockDemon

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 20, 2009, 12:17:07 pm »

im just worried about SecuRom cause it installs with sims 3 and its kind of a virus Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17
  Print  

Jump to: