Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 04:03:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's going to get the The Sims 3?  (Read 69405 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: April 01, 2009, 12:25:34 pm »

You may very well be right Feisty thats why I am more than likely going to wait a month and read up on the general response of the community on how well others PC's take to the game or if they burst into flames because of EA's shady shenanigans BUT maybe Rod Humble is being honest this time and besides I installed BV just the other day and my PC is still intact because I haven't noticed anything off as of late so maybe my computer is protected against SecuROM who knows but thanks for the warning makes me still kinda shiver just thinking that they may change there minds and screw us all.... Sad
Feisty32
« Reply #196 on: April 01, 2009, 10:19:40 pm »

i remember backing up my photo's,music,and my sims 2 on some cd's i know when i had to reformat my  computer and tried to install my files on my computer low and behold no files on the disc due to suckurom i hit the roof it was like an atom bomb had just struck my computer.  Sad
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 01, 2009, 10:54:26 pm »

Woah! that had to suck Feisty! so I was pondering this today I was wondering if when I get TS3 IF I decide I like it enough to un-install all versions of TS2 to make more room on my harddrive BUT before I do this go in and grab my downloads folder and drag it out to my desktop, do you think if I grow tired of TS3 (which is highly un-likely if its "as good as it looks" but still...) and want to go back to TS2 but need all my stuff in order to play my game like I want that I could just install all my games again and drag my downloads folder back into the Sims 2 folder and have all my stuff again, or am I sadly mistaken? Sad
VampyrMuffinMan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: April 02, 2009, 01:10:35 am »

Woah! that had to suck Feisty! so I was pondering this today I was wondering if when I get TS3 IF I decide I like it enough to un-install all versions of TS2 to make more room on my harddrive BUT before I do this go in and grab my downloads folder and drag it out to my desktop, do you think if I grow tired of TS3 (which is highly un-likely if its "as good as it looks" but still...) and want to go back to TS2 but need all my stuff in order to play my game like I want that I could just install all my games again and drag my downloads folder back into the Sims 2 folder and have all my stuff again, or am I sadly mistaken? Sad

That's how it should work.  Having files on your desktop will slow down your computer, though.  Having a huge, complex file system may bog it down severly.  It's best practice to have only shortcuts on your desktop.  The best idea is to back up your game files somewhere not on your computer, though.  External hard drives are good for this, and many other things.  Adding another internal hard drive is an even better solution, though.  If you have a DVD burner, then backing them up to DVD is a much cheaper alternative.  If you are worried about problems with a burned CD or DVD, you can put the DVD back into your computer and check what is on it before you delete any files that you have placed onto the DVD.  If you're really paranoid, you can check the burned DVD on another computer if you have one available.

Check out my HubPages for useful computer tutorials.  [link under wolfie]
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 02, 2009, 01:21:21 am »

Thank you for your help VampyrMuffinMan but I feel like the easiest way to save my downloads folder would be just to pull it out to the desktop like I mentioned but if it slows my computer down..so be it I can just as easily place the folder back into the original Sims2 folder and free up the memory that way as well..but hopefully it won't come down to un-installing all my games just to make room for TS3 Undecided I will more than likely go and buy some more RAM before I even install TS3 anyway just to make sure I don't go all the way out into town and buy the game bring it home pop it in and find that I don't have enough memory to run it! GAH2 better safe than sorry I always say
VampyrMuffinMan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #200 on: April 02, 2009, 05:33:56 am »

Thank you for your help VampyrMuffinMan but I feel like the easiest way to save my downloads folder would be just to pull it out to the desktop like I mentioned but if it slows my computer down..so be it I can just as easily place the folder back into the original Sims2 folder and free up the memory that way as well..but hopefully it won't come down to un-installing all my games just to make room for TS3 Undecided I will more than likely go and buy some more RAM before I even install TS3 anyway just to make sure I don't go all the way out into town and buy the game bring it home pop it in and find that I don't have enough memory to run it! GAH2 better safe than sorry I always say

You could just rename the folder when/if you uninstall Sims 2.  No matter where you put it, it takes up the same room on the hard drive.  It's just that on the desktop, Windows is always checking it out.

A note on adding RAM...  If you have a 32 bit operating system (Windows XP or Vista) the limit is 4 GB, but the way Windows figures it, you will only see 3.5 or so.  So buying an upgrade to more than 3 GB can be a waste of money.  If you have Windows XP 64 or Vista 64, then you are good to add as much as your mother board can handle.  From the looks of the Minimum Requirements listed on EAxis, if you have 2 GB you should be fine under XP or Vista.  You'd be better off spending some $$$ on a supported video card.  (Mine isn't listed...grrr) 

NightFiree

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 02, 2009, 07:32:38 pm »

My mother told me I couldn't have it even if I saved to buy it because our computers won't hold it which this one actually will. I'm mostly likely going to disobey her, save for it, and buy it anyway. Grin
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 02, 2009, 11:20:48 pm »

Hmm I'm glad you told me that Vampyr because I was atleast going to get 5 GB but now I think maybe buying 3 Gigs should be sufficient to run the game and plus I need the space on my harddrive so an extra Gig wouldn't hurt, well I just hope I am right on JUST needing RAM and not other upgrades like video cards and sound drives and all that good junk but I think my video card and all that is good enough to run the game I mean didn't EAxis say that they were going to make the game so that it would run on 'your grannys computer'?

I hope your mother decides to let you get the game NightFiree, It seems like its going to be a pretty good investment seeing as there won't be any DRM's in the install... Lips Sealed
amberfaye

View Profile WWW
« Reply #203 on: April 03, 2009, 08:25:26 pm »

I bught a brand new computer this year with taxes for 2 reasons.... one so I can have my very own personal computer and 2..... so I can play the sims 3. I just got it... has an amazing vid card, lots of ram, windows vista, greqat sound card... Im ready to roll. I have been anticipating the release of this game for years. Cheesy

roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 03, 2009, 10:21:40 pm »

Hmm I'm glad you told me that Vampyr because I was atleast going to get 5 GB but now I think maybe buying 3 Gigs should be sufficient to run the game and plus I need the space on my harddrive so an extra Gig wouldn't hurt, well I just hope I am right on JUST needing RAM and not other upgrades like video cards and sound drives and all that good junk but I think my video card and all that is good enough to run the game I mean didn't EAxis say that they were going to make the game so that it would run on 'your grannys computer'?

I hope your mother decides to let you get the game NightFiree, It seems like its going to be a pretty good investment seeing as there won't be any DRM's in the install... Lips Sealed

Please don't fall for that old "granny's computer" line. That's been stated to pull in the gullible. Just try playing sims 2 B.V. on an old Pentium and you'll begin to get some idea of what's really required,
These minimum specs. that the game companies release aren't worth the time it took them to type it.
Start with at least a 2.4 core duo cpu. 2 gig ddr2, and a mid range graphics card.
Hopefully that should go some way to not using the install disc as a drinks coaster and taking to the 'granny pc." with an axe.
SultrySeductress

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 03, 2009, 11:32:04 pm »

i already pre-ordered it, so i'll let you know if it sucks but anyway i'm already equipped with vista and the latest drivers so i'm good
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 03, 2009, 11:57:08 pm »

If your pc. runs vista it should run Sims 3.
VampyrMuffinMan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: April 04, 2009, 12:57:09 am »

I agree  That being said, you should definitely upgrade to 7 when you can...

MisterPhy
Garry's Mod Lunatic

Garry's Mod Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 06, 2009, 06:38:29 pm »

I agree  That being said, you should definitely upgrade to 7 when you can...
No duh that you should upgrade to windows 7 when it comes out.
I will probably get it since they announced that they removed the DRM and Securom.
Feisty32
« Reply #209 on: April 06, 2009, 06:49:51 pm »

Misterphy i would'nt get my hopes up cause chances are they could possibly put it on at he last minute just trying to help here. Grin Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17
  Print  

Jump to: