Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 07:48:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's going to get the The Sims 3?  (Read 69386 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
VampyrMuffinMan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: April 07, 2009, 04:42:02 am »

Misterphy i would'nt get my hopes up cause chances are they could possibly put it on at he last minute just trying to help here. Grin Cheesy

We shall see...  Personally I'm not seeing being able to afford it this year, unless I get a job soon and I get my books finished.

Check out my HubPages for useful computer tutorials.  [link under wolfie]
Feisty32
« Reply #211 on: April 07, 2009, 04:58:43 am »

i'm in total agreement with ya i just don't trust ea lol. Grin

there is no way i will put my computer at risk. Cheesy
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: April 09, 2009, 07:04:29 pm »

I pre-ordered the collectors edition Tongue

If you have a question about my mods post it here
hawnsimmer
ilysvdmmr
Site Santa!

Smile!

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 09, 2009, 07:10:37 pm »

I never looked at the box till now....had it a month...and it's the collectors edition too tongue

Live Laugh Love
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 11, 2009, 03:35:21 am »

Well im a sucker so wil probally get it if theres any room on my computer. :kiss:
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 11, 2009, 07:56:40 am »

I learned my lesson after spending tons of money and investing so many hours with the Sims 1 and then dropping it to spend tons of money and investing many hours with the Sims 2 not to fall for another "newer and better game".

I think Sims 2 is fine and I've just learned more tricks and ways to enjoy it even more and I'm still learning more things about it. I don't think I'm going to get the Sims 3. What happens if Sims 4 or 5 comes out later on? Too much money for basically the same game is not really worth it to me. And what would I do with the game after I've dropped it for the next one? Just sell it for 1/2 the price? Personally, that's just too much money spent on one game. But that's my opinion.

Plus, unlike other games, the more you spend time on it, the more it develops. I think I've worked too hard and for too long on it to just drop it for another.

Moreover, I have checked out the new game and others here are right. While it has cool little add-ons like customizing styles for your furniture and clothing, it really doesn't stand out all that much from Sims 2. I think most of the reason its so hyped is because it's new. Plus, like others have said earlier, the Sims do look really weird. I really don't think there's much difference with gameplay and therefore I would feel like I wasted my money.

I will not hesitate! :LOL:  I'm getting it the minute it comes out.  The only thing I worry about, is it making Sims 2 look like nothing.  Does this mean the the hard workers who make all that high quality CC for sims 2 will be wasted by the time it comes out?  Dunno.

The Sims 2 CC definitely won't be wasted as many others, alongside me, have decided to stick with the Sims 2.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 08:59:43 pm by kinnika » Logged

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
jerryking
« Reply #216 on: April 12, 2009, 05:34:07 pm »

I recently installed Seasons and because of securom and the fact that all the mods I have and use are not upgradable, I'll stick with it. I gotta have mods and custom content to play, so Sims 3 is something I will wait and see. I'm not playing with maxis crappy people and no mods or cc.
Jade

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 18, 2009, 08:21:40 am »

I will buy it the day it´s released  tongue, i just love the possibility of coloring everything. Recoloring in sims 2 is just too hard and everyone is too depended on other creators. With sims 3 even those who don´t have good skills in photoshopping has better changes making their game look like they want. I am going to miss many many of gargerous greations that has been made for sims 2 by the community and i hope that some of those talented people will carry on sims 3 and make stuff in that too.

But, im not going to buy twenty of expansions and will be disapointed if theres too much stuff backs when they can make bigger expansions. I already spend too much money on sims 2.
Hanomaru
Lurky McLurkface

I'll just leave this here.

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 19, 2009, 10:15:16 pm »

All right, consumerism has finally gotten to me. I've given my money to worse companies (never set foot in a Wal-Mart, though!), and I'm happy with my current trend of things. Get the game, buy a few EPs but not all, and keep playing the old long after you get the new. I like it. I... *sigh* ...am going to buy The Sims 3.

And I don't think the Sims look doughy-faced. They look kinda like me. Okay, maybe they are doughy-faced. But I'll be on the front lines of the mission to turn them into Sims of STEEL!

"You're telling me that fifty million screaming friends are never wrong?
I'm telling you that fifty million screaming friends are $&@%ing morons."
James Euringer
HollyD1983

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 20, 2009, 05:12:03 pm »

I still play the Sims 1,so I will definately get the Sims 3 :-XI still have 114 gb of free space on my drive,so I won't have to uninstall the Sims 2

Lover of lederhosen
leslieme

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 20, 2009, 07:44:08 pm »

I honestly don't think I'll get it.  I'm not even excited about it.  I love my Simmie's 2 and all my custom content.  If the community is able to make great and wonderful stuff for Sims 3, I might eventually get it down the road, a good ways down the road.

Please help hatch the babies!  http://dragcave.net/user/leslieme
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 21, 2009, 06:22:35 am »

I'll probably get it, as well. In the interval I've been enjoying the "novelty" of playing a game that does not require the CD/DVD to be in the drive to play, Kalypso's Grand Ages Rome, another city building game.
LouieLoui

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 21, 2009, 10:51:03 pm »

If I get it, it will be long after it's been out, played by others, and creators have started designing my favorite mods and cc for it.  I thought Sims 2 was a massive improvement over Sims 1, and like many others I've spent hours playing, creating, and downloading, and have no desire to walk away from that.  Not yet. 

SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 22, 2009, 12:14:55 am »

Well like I have mentioned before I have a verry short attention span so stuff gets really boring and repetitive for me and I am just biding my time until TS3 comes out and I am going to the store as soon as its released and snatching it up so yeah I don't really take into consideration what others have to say about something, if I like something I will buy it..not everyone has the same opinion about everything so maybe I will like it who knows but first things first I have got to get some more memory for my computer or risk un-installing all my TS2 games... shocked
naturegirl240

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 23, 2009, 08:17:49 pm »

Since I have enough room on my comp for TS3 too, yeah, i'll probably get it
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17
  Print  

Jump to: