Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 10:47:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: stuff packs...  (Read 2592 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
dynasty

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2008, 06:39:50 am »

Sooooo.... it is time for me to get another stuff pack... I did download HM via the ea site, but their download manager or whatever it's called messed my CC up so I took it off (still have the HM files on my computer, just cant get them into my game....)... There go 19 bucks for nothing.. smh. (or is there a way to get the files work nontheless? I have proof paid for it, so it's nothing i downloaded illegally)

So which one should I get in your opinion?
Celebration, HM or Teen Style? I basically want to get the stuff packs because there are quite a few good recolors of meshes which come with stuff packs. Other then that, I admit I do not care too much for maxis designs.
I heard Celebration is good when you like to celebrate weddings in the game. Good, I like that.
HM... I guess lots of clothing, which means meshes and good recolours...
Teen Style? Havent heard TOO much about it yet. the screenshots I have seen are ok, but are there a lot of recolours of objects and clothing outthere???

Which one of the stuff packs is really good, which one is a waste of money?

Check my sims out!
Arialonomus

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 09:08:54 pm »

I say stick with H&M, it has some pretty good clothes and the objects are cool too, only really get Teen Style stuff if you're not happy with your teen clothes right now.

Can't really say mucha bout Celebrations, don't own it :/

Science makes everything sound painful.
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 09:26:50 pm »

If you downloaded it from their download manager you can reinstall it anytime you want. Take out your downloads folder and just click on the link again. I've brought all SP's from them and from Pet's on. I had to uninstall and reinstall Season's twice with BV, because BV refused to recognize the Season's patch. If you've uninstalled it when you click on download managers it should say install or play next to what you've downloaded. Whichever way once you click on it, it will reinstall it for you. Mine sends me all the patches through download manager, etc...

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 05:49:27 pm »

in terms of added value - the only stuff pack to date that has added more than crappy clothing was H&M, the others are ok, but not worth the money.  Teen stuff looks pretty much like crap to me.  I have all the stuff packs and I have none of them currently installed because they are IMHO all craptastic

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 03:55:53 pm »

it depends on what you feel you need. I like Teen stuff the best, because a lot of the clothes are really nice-looking. I also like the new furniture, and use it a lot, but mostly for children (since some of it is more princess-style than a teen would ever put into her room... the surf style is more teenish, though). I liked celebration too because it gave some more option in wedding decorations. and also the new option in birthday cakes.  I use some of the clothes from HM, too. but a lot of it I never touch because I don't like some of the styles.

like I said - it depends on what you feel you want in your game. I can't decide, so I've got all the EP's and SP's installed... (and I just found the 2006 christmas pack in a store when I was home for holiday, so that, too will soon be in my game Cheesy. I've missed some of the clothes that weren't in the 2005 edition...)

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: