Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:13:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Exercise Error  (Read 984 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
perivam3

View Profile
« on: March 04, 2008, 12:46:27 pm »

Hi all. Long time lurker, first time poster here, and naturally my first post comes when I've got an error occuring within my game. Figures, don't it? Some people only start talking when they need help...

Anyway, my problem is that my sims will no longer exercise, at all. I instruct them to use a machine or work out to the TV, and all that happens is a tiny animation blip and then they stand there. And it's not just sims in an individual lot, it's all sims. I went to a community lot and everyone was just standing around the machines. I tried exercising with different households and nothing. The unusual thing is, the sims will still work out to the radio, but nothing else.

I started with Original and NL, and during that time I downloaded many mods and hacks, but none pertaining to exercising. It was just a couple weeks ago that I installed Uni and OFB together, which is when the problem began. All downloads that needed to be were updated to their OFB versions.

I ran a hack conflict detection, and it found conflicts, but none of them pertained to using the machines. In fact, all of them referred to downloads I had prior to installing the new eps, and there was no exercising problem then. Most of the conflicts listed dealt with sims getting pregnant or the nudist mod or things of that nature. There weren't even any conflicts pertaining to using any item, much less the machines.

I searched through the wide range of Sims forums for answers before making this post, and found nothing. Either the problem resolved itself or it was a case of the individual sims not being interested in exercising. So far, that hasn't been the case for me. My only thought is this could be some issue with the new installed eps, maybe a bug stemming from Uni or OFB or something. It just seems so unusual that only one option works and none of the rest, even the TV, which should be similar to the radio, doesn't work. And that just makes no sense to me...

Any advice? Thoughts? Sites I should be directed to? I'd appreciate any and all help I could get. Sure, this isn't a major issue, but it's quite the annoying one...

Thanks
perivam3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 02:19:49 pm »

No, I'm not just bumping to get attention. I've done some additional work with this error and was hoping I could find someone to help "translate" it for me.

Specifically, I performed the Boolprop Testing Error procedure, and managed to catch the jump in a log. Now, this thing might as well be in Yiddish to me, because I have no idea what any of the number mean or how to read it. I've attached it in the hopes that someone understands what it means and could give me an idea of what needs to be done.

I tried running my game with no downloads or saved sims, and the exercise machines worked again. So, it's obviously an error with some cc. I've trimmed out a lot of my downloads, and even tried pulling out specific ones to see which caused the error. So far, no luck. My biggest concern is, as I said above, I have no mods which specifically target exercising. Hell, I barely have any that target interactions as it is. Most of my downloads are genetics, recolors, and objects. I just can't understand how any of those could be affecting the motions to exercise.

I'm still convinced this has something to do with installing UNI and OFB after having several mods installed for a long period of time. I know I updated all mods that needed it, but there still must be something from the new installs that now clashes with the old mods. I'm just confounded as to what.

Anyway, I'd appreciate any and help, even if someone could just tell me what this error log really means. At the very least, I'm hoping someone could point me in the direction of what kind of download I should try removing, just so I don't have to go over each and every single one.

* ObjectError_N001_t12072.txt (66.22 KB - downloaded 106 times.)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: