Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 09:50:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about EPs  (Read 1710 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
MaryH

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2008, 06:20:06 am »

Here's a rather strange question I haven't seen answered:

If one has one EP, but not the previous one, does that mean that only objects for that EP are available, or can you download the objects for the previous EP as well?

Instance: I have the base game, and NL only. Because Uni was the previous EP, does that mean I cannot download anything for both Uni and NL , or can I download it because I have NL, which came after it, thus superseding it?

In other words, do I have to have UNI to get anything tagged with UNI and NL as needed EPs? I know lots are not downloadable if they require both-but what about objects?

I don't really want to buy UNI-a waste of time, in my view.

Thanks for any help!

BlackDevil

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 06:41:53 am »

You Can not Download things who need UNI. Only those things who only need NL ore base game. If you want somthing who request(?) UNI you need to have that game..

Hope it helped you Cheesy
Rayea

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 09:39:42 am »

your best bet is to stick to stuff that is base game, tbh...

if you want, you can try stuff that has nightlife as the only ep listed, though most people have more than that.

pretty much, if its a recolor pack of more than one item, take a look of the stuff. if it is sometihng you recognise from nl, dl the package and add the recols that are nl based (if you can tell which, some makers just have giberish named files) and leave the uni ones.
but if your going to mess, make a seperate folder to put them in, only add one set at a time and go to a house/lot that is empty to try placing them.
 that way, if something crashes, you know where it is to take it out.
also, if you only get crashes when you try to place the item, delete it without placing the second time (if you can)
if the game crashes without even going in, then you know that the last batch of stuff you poped in was bad, then you only have one batch to remove ^^ just remeember not to get carried away when adding to that folder. heeh
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 10:16:13 am »

Thanks for the help-and I've been pretty careful about downloading-I don't even get my simmies any new clothes, because that can load up my folder fast..and I don't want the game to crash-I've been through the routine of throwing out all my downloads to reinstall them one by one. Pain in the butt, for sure!
Just wanted to confirm what I suspected. Darn!

laceypooh

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2008, 05:28:31 pm »

I can't find the swing set in my inventory that came with the original game.  Any and all sets I download later also do not appear.  I reinstalled all the games due to an unrelated glitch.  I have never had a swing set in my game's inventory.  Any help?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: