Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 04:29:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Custom Content not Showed Up in Clean Installer  (Read 1608 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
scalad

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2008, 01:49:18 am »

I hope this is in the right section if not could someone please move it- Thanks!

I saw that I had the Invisible Driveway under the maxis concrete driveway. Since I didn't know who created I decided to package the lot and see who it was that created the driveway. But there was no recolour of the concrete driveway in clean installer just the Wallpapers that I had used. I found out through Delphy's Organizer That the driveway is from this person: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=90875. Is it still safe to upload with the package/house even thought clean installer does not list it?
Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 01:51:52 am by scalad » Logged

You can upload my creations with your sim or lot or neighbourhood but only to free sites, not the exchange and no paysites. You can credit too if you wish. If a creation I have created has custom content from another artist please ask them for permission first to upload with your neighbourhood. I have all expansions and stuff packs.
megativity13

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 04:36:56 pm »

If it doesn't show in clean installer,it won't show up with the lot.
You can add a copy of the package to the .zip or .RAR file.

feed the hungry while testing your vocabulary
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 08:12:32 pm »

megativity13 - there is a second possible cause, in unpatched versions of Pets (and possibly other EPs) there is a bug that affects the lot packager.  What happens is variously all custom content is included in the Sims2Pack causing the index of the Sims2Pack to hold vastly more data than the file format allows resulting in trancated index data (how many files it will list is largely determined by the lengths of names)

Since all Sims2Pack Clean Installer, SimPE, and even the Game's native package installer all rely on the index data contained in the Sims2Pack, if the software can't see it, it doesn't exist.  It is better to patch the game and prevent this from happening.

Another potential problem is the known (and never corrected) randomly occurring custom content catalogue bug.  At random times, for no reason I can determine, the game suddenly starts dropping CC from the catalogue, some people even complain that all CC fails to display, again, it is a case of "if the software can't see it, it ain't included" -- Here more dire measures are required, usually deleting the thumbnail packages, Groups.cache, and Accessory.cache repeatedly until all content displays (this has required as many as 22 delete and test runs for me to correct the issue in my game).  Here, the Stuff Packs seem to grossly exacerbate the issue, so much so that my advice when they are present is always un-install the stuff packs.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
scalad

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 03:11:58 am »

The invisible driveway is still in the game but just not packaged with the house for some reason. I packaged another house and all custom content was included it just seems for some reason that particular item. But I will patch the game. When I installed seasons I think it updated pets, is that correct? And will I still have to install the patch? I have downloaded the latest Bon Voyage patch should I install that one? I don't have really any other problems with the game it runs excellent.

You can upload my creations with your sim or lot or neighbourhood but only to free sites, not the exchange and no paysites. You can credit too if you wish. If a creation I have created has custom content from another artist please ask them for permission first to upload with your neighbourhood. I have all expansions and stuff packs.
megativity13

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 01:00:43 pm »

Thanks for the info, Beos- all good info to keep in mind.
It's actually a fairly well known issue with that particular
driveway recolor, not packaging with lots- it may have started with
Pests- I don't quite recall.  

The recolor is there and it works, it just doesn't package with lots.  
I believe there is also an invisible driveway recolor by Frillen
that used to, but no longer packages with lots.  

I have all expansions, patched (with the exception of FT- not being patched)
and no stuff packs. I also regularly delete my thumbnail packages,
groups.cache, and accessory.cache - and it still doesn't package with my
lots.  Even if I plunk down that driveway on an empty lot and package it-
it does not show.

There is an invisible driveway here that
does package and is, per creator, ok to include it in uploaded lots- it is
a standalone driveway with it's own guids, though- not a recolor.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 01:09:20 pm by megativity13 » Logged

feed the hungry while testing your vocabulary
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: