Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 08:18:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which should I get? BV OR FT?  (Read 4427 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Eshe

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2008, 09:24:01 pm »

I have some extra money, so I'm planning to get one of the new expansion packs.

In your opinion, which would you recommend? Any comments would be appreciated. Smiley

Prepare to dye.
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 09:28:17 pm »

If I was you, I would save some more money and get both. I love both EP's.

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
Cleo999

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 02:03:34 am »

Free Time, definitely Smiley
Christy1077

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 02:27:13 am »

Freetime hands down. I personally think it's the best EP since seasons. I did not like BV so much.

dynasty

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 03:00:17 am »

i think it depends on what you are missing in your game right now? which features do you want?
If you want 3 extra neighbourhoods, a beach and the challenge to complete some tasks while taking the vacation, I'd say go with Bon Voyage. The swet thing is that once your sims are home, they can teach what they've learned on vacation  (like dancing hula) to their friends.

If right now you are missing some good features for your male sims, then go with Free time. In fact, with free time, your sims can build their skills when interested in something and get new options, like a sim who likes to work out can go jogging, a sim who likes to cook and is good at it can serve nachos etc.

Check my sims out!
markusrandall

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 03:34:57 am »

Definitely get FreeTime. It's a much better EP than Bon Voyage.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 03:49:53 am by markusrandall » Logged

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 11:47:35 am »

What does Bon Voyage add that has enduring playability? beach lots, nothig else

What content does BV add that can't be gotten on 100s of free sites? Nothing

What does FreeTime add that has enduring playability? new layers to the personality of your sims, new idiosyncratic autonomous animations, something for them to do besides gossip, dance, and woohoo

What content does FT add?  Not a great deal, but at least most of the things added do not look completely craptastic (which I can't say for BV, the hotel stuff in BV looks like cheap particle-board screwed-and-glued caravan furniture)

Did BV make my game better? not really

Did FT make my game better? yes ... and honestly it is the only EP that has come along to make me think I wasn't ripped off.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
mintcookies123

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2008, 12:40:35 pm »

FT without a doubt. Although the vacation benefits (dances, music, ect) and extra turn-ons/turn-offs are great, the actual vacation is sooo boring and the clothes and furnaiture that comes with BV is incredibly cheesy and cheap-looking. FT adds a whole new element to the game. Hobbies (which some are limited than others, like Sports and Science), secondary aspirations, cute clothes, and a lot more.
AlbinoBambi

A.k.a. Ilse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2008, 01:03:36 pm »

If I'm not mistaken the extra turn-ons and turn-offs also come with FT, as does the feature 'walking to a lot' and the jewelry. So yeah, FT should always be chosen over BV.

Why can't life be like The Sims, where you can control someone with just one click?

Eshe

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2008, 01:23:03 pm »

Thanks to all opinions. I ended up getting Freetime, and imo I think it's one of the best expansion packs. I'm finding new things about it every time I play it. Smiley

Prepare to dye.
yero69

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 06:56:44 am »

I think each EP has brought something to my game the beach, sauna, massage table, garden etc. However without the brilliant work of the community and all the artists have added a dimension to the game that ea/maxis vanilla just couldn't logically do.

Never close a door until you walk through it
AlbinoBambi

A.k.a. Ilse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2008, 04:54:57 pm »

There is a BETA-version of an Freetime-compatible Inteenimater out. Smiley

Why can't life be like The Sims, where you can control someone with just one click?

Charley

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2008, 08:38:03 am »

I would definitely get FT, if EAxis hadn't made it so that it messes your save files up if you uninstalled an EP, then i would have unstalled BV because its crap! Ft is so much better because it adds to their daily lives.

Char
xxx

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: