Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:46:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: boolprop question  (Read 1526 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
dlockett61

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2008, 11:33:53 pm »

I have been told that it is ok to leave boolprop on when I log off and I have been told that leaving boolprop on when logging off is a big no no, I have a bad habit of forgetting to turn it off when I log off. Lately though I have been playing my game without it at all, it's on for when my sims need a little help in some areas but I don't really use it since I have the inseminator. So should I leave it on or turn it off when Im done playing?:doh:
dlockett61

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 11:39:59 pm »

Sorry, I put this in the wrong place earlier.:oops:

I have been told that it is ok to leave boolprop on when I log off and I have been told that leaving boolprop on when logging off is a big no no, I have a bad habit of forgetting to turn it off when I log off. Lately though I have been playing my game without it at all, it's on for when my sims need a little help in some areas but I don't really use it since I have the inseminator. So should I leave it on or turn it off when Im done playing?:doh:
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 08:01:57 am »

as a general rule of thumb boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true uses a great deal of system resources, the downside to this that leaving it on during a save or game exit can lead to data corruption because of the excessive demands on system resources.  This is just a general rule of thumb, not some kind of sacred law.  If you need to use the testing cheats, then I recommend you use MikeInside's method to add a special "shortcut" to quickly enable and disable most of the cheats: http://mikeinside.modthesims2.com/hacks/cheats.html

Of the ones he lists, the only one I strongly recommend you do not use is the "party" cheat - that will doom your system to a slow, horrible death in almost every instance.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
dlockett61

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 07:45:44 pm »

Thank you so much for the advice and the link. I have been a good girl and I have been remembering to turn it off when I'm done, but today I played without it at all and just used the inseminator when my sims needed a motive boost.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: