Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 04:13:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unusually High Roof  (Read 1510 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
scalad

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2008, 04:36:35 am »

I have been having this problem at this thread: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=277895

The roof is unusually high. Iis normal for the game for those dimensions or if anyone else has experienced this problem before. I really don't want to do a reinstall.

I was wandering if anyone here might be able to help. Any help at all is really appreciated. Thank you!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 04:51:34 am by scalad » Logged

You can upload my creations with your sim or lot or neighbourhood but only to free sites, not the exchange and no paysites. You can credit too if you wish. If a creation I have created has custom content from another artist please ask them for permission first to upload with your neighbourhood. I have all expansions and stuff packs.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 10:55:00 am »

scalad, look in the following location for a userStartup.cheat

My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config

look in the following locations for an edited version of globalStartup.cheat

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Config
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 University\TSData\Res\Config
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Nightlife\TSData\Res\Config
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Open For Business\TSData\Res\Config
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Pets\TSData\Res\Config
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Seasons\TSData\Res\Config
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Bon Voyage\TSData\Res\Config
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 FreeTime\TSData\Res\Config

Check for any instance of roofslopeangle and delete it

It is possible that one or more of your lot templates may have become corrupted.  Check the last changed date for each of the lot templates in the following locations:

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\LotTemplates
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 University\TSData\Res\LotTemplates
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Nightlife\TSData\Res\LotTemplates
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Open For Business\TSData\Res\LotTemplates
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Pets\TSData\Res\LotTemplates
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Seasons\TSData\Res\LotTemplates
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Bon Voyage\TSData\Res\LotTemplates
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 FreeTime\TSData\Res\LotTemplates

if everything looks right - then it is possible that you are looking at a general game corruption either in the game's core files such as your neightbourhood templates (customised neighbourhood templates would be a likely source here) or the game's main working parts - this will most likely require a re-install to correct.

it is also possible that the help system may have become corrupted is some manner so that the portion dealing with the roofslopeangle cheat is being read as a command rather than being treated as a text string - also would require a re-install to correct.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 01:07:41 pm »

My roofs are huge since FT. Seems like every roof adds two more levels just for the roof. I just figured it was something with FT. I was just looking for the roof angle cheats so I can build my students coming back some starter homes. Who wants a one story home with a two story roof.

PS I'm not re-installing I just got the game to work and run without crashing no matter how long I'm in there so pfft to you Beos. lol I'm wondering if it's in one of the houses I downloaded and it changed something, somehow. I might go through my lot catalog and start going bye-bye to anything that looks like it has a customized roof.

Did you check your error logs? I just checked mine and I have a ton of exceptional errors in there all for lots. I think I'm just going to delete them all, then have a look in the game. Then go back and reinstall one at a time.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 01:45:06 pm by PegasusDiana » Logged

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
scalad

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 04:21:06 am »

To everyone who helped: Thanks so much for your help. But I have solved my problem so far! I had the invisible driveway from here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=90875 on the lot. I removed it  then deleted the roofs and added them again manually. Problem solved. Roofs seem to be back to normal! So this driveway must cause a conflict somewhere. I downloaded it a long time ago but never used it since my sim never have cars and this is the first time I was going to upload a house with a driveway will test invisible driveway from: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=244021 and see if I get the same result. If not I will upload the house with a driveway. Thanks again to everyone for you much appreciated help!

I wanted to test everything before I did an uninstall and reinstall thank god I did!

You can upload my creations with your sim or lot or neighbourhood but only to free sites, not the exchange and no paysites. You can credit too if you wish. If a creation I have created has custom content from another artist please ask them for permission first to upload with your neighbourhood. I have all expansions and stuff packs.
scalad

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 03:48:10 am »

Ok guess what happened? After I loaded the game and played a family then moved them out of the lot and onto another lot the high roof returned. I since have put it down to a few possibilities:
1. The flatten lot tool. After I have used it I get the high roof.
2. I had WitchyWoman's Invisible Driveway installed but I haven't used it. I deleted it and low and behold the high roof had been corrected when I replaced the roof.
3. My game doesn't like the invisible driveways or
4. Freetime is doing this problem. I never had the high until I installed freetime.
5. A combination of all those things.

Uninstall is out of the question it takes too long. I am going to apply for holidays in september october then I will do an reinstall. I hope they will release a patch and see if that will help my problem.

See in that pic the green square? Well that is where I can place the level tool. Maybe that is part of the problem.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: